Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil

teehee

1 hour ago, schmoak said:

Coincidentally, decided to heat up some water today in  the stock pot but saw the pot had traces of oil all over from last time making it 2 weeks ago, gathered it all and it tasted fresh!, no aged flavour. anyway it was a level teaspoon . . . well i'll tell you . . . No work was done today and  lay down and had the most relaxing golden sleep, woke up a few times and stretched away all worries and stress and the gut feels happy even now.

I made two batches, are just sitting in the fridge unused as if reserved for medical purposes, funny thing to not be compelled to indulge for recreations sake, am probably waiting for serious flu or painful insomnia to strike. 

Don't smoke trim anymore, make oil, it's great stuff.:eat:

You & @teehee got me pumped now!  Expecting big things :hippy:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Funk P said:

You & @teehee got me pumped now!  Expecting big things :hippy:

Yes it works V.well. I have to make more  so will have to start using it a bit more so am going for a double dose tomorrow after an early dinner, am very curious to observe the effects on the aches and pains, seemed to be an improvement earlier.

Absolutely no regrets and will never sling trim again, let the popcorn grow:pizza:

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

So after making a batch from this recipe I can say the method of infused coconut oil is pretty decent when it comes to returns on the amount of product you use, I've noticed the waiting time until it kicks in for me is around an hour & half to around 2 hours 15.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

@teehee I've noticed a massive difference in waiting times for the high to kick in, sometimes it's up to 4 hours... Do you notice a change in the strength of the high when it comes to taking it in a hot coffee as to cold? I swear it gets me more baked when I don't put it into something hot. 

• 1 month later...

I have 1L of coconut oil and decarbed 2 oz of good trim and trimmers fatigue popcorn, ready for the slow cooker tonight.

I've a single 14 day old plant in my tent and plenty of space, so I'm wondering if I should bang the slow cooker in there  to take care of the smells.. is there much moisture given off? 

large.20210202_192943_resize_6_compress13.jpglarge.20210202_193957_resize_15_compress6.jpg

Edited by superfruit
Typo
  • Like 4

I'm just starting my first batch of oil too, just wondering if there's an upper limit to how long you can keep the slow cooker going without ruining the batch?

• Like 2

@teehee love what you guys are doing, got to give it a try.

On a Health note I'm curious with the use of Coconut oil, how it might affect existing high levels of triglycerides. I believe the oil contains levels of it. 

I'm diagnosed with high levels and docs whingeing. I fully appreciate we're not Doctors lol. Thanks

Prob better if I'd posted in Medical. Oops 

Edited by KiwiGold
Better forum
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, superfruit said:

@teehee when you say overnight are we talking 10hrs or so on low heat? I'm just about to kick off my batch :yinyang:

I'd use less than 1L of oil on the amount of bud you've shown . . . . waaaaaaay less oil :skin_up:

• Like 1

On 04/02/2021 at 10:05 PM, badongy said:

I'm just starting my first batch of oil too, just wondering if there's an upper limit to how long you can keep the slow cooker going without ruining the batch?

I think you could go on a lot longer without ruining the batch, but you'd have to keep on stirring and keep the temp low.

I think the absorption rate is not linear, it peters off, so after a while theres no point carrying on. 

17 hours ago, superfruit said:

@teehee when you say overnight are we talking 10hrs or so on low heat? I'm just about to kick off my batch :yinyang:

Yeah, but you have to keep on stirring every hour or so at the very least... the surface layer can get a bit crispy if you dont.

It's easy for me to stay awake .... just watching the Permiership on the other side of the planet.

1 hour ago, KiwiGold said:

@teehee love what you guys are doing, got to give it a try.

On a Health note I'm curious with the use of Coconut oil, how it might affect existing high levels of triglycerides. I believe the oil contains levels of it. 

I'm diagnosed with high levels and docs whingeing. I fully appreciate we're not Doctors lol. Thanks

Prob better if I'd posted in Medical. Oops 

No, you're right to bring this up, it's pretty clear that coconut oil is not recommended for those with high triglyceride levels.

Strangely enough, about a year ago, the supermarket stopped selling my usual brand of coconut oil, so I bought a bottle of MCT coconut oil as an alternative.... instead of being solid at room temp, like my usual brand, this stuff stays liquid even when refrigerated.

As the name MCT suggests, this oil only has medium chained triglycerides, and is metabolised in a different way to the harmful long chained triglycerides.

I was initially pissed off that I had to use MCT ol, cos I liked using the solid form, but having it liquid is even better, just pour and go! No digging lumps out of jars, and now I know the MCT oil is better for me, I'm stoked!

Edited by teehee
  • Like 6

@schmoak ah darn man, too late. I went with just over 2oz of (mostly) popcorn and trim for 1L of coconut oil, left at around 80-90c overnight. Bit late now to adjust the strength but I will say that I'm a bit of a lightweight - seriously, 3 tokes on a pure joint and I'm smashed.

I think it looks great though, and hopefully it's potent enough to do the job. I figured trying a teaspoon in a brew later this evening. Here's some pics

P.S another 4oz of this stuff in the freezer for a second attempt at a later date!

large.20210204_212351.jpglarge.20210205_084529.jpglarge.20210205_084814.jpglarge.20210205_090054.jpglarge.20210205_115338.jpg

Edited by superfruit
p.s. added
  • Like 8