New 70W HPS Micro ScroG

Aethyr

• 4 months later...

Hiya mate, Just a few things to clear up the fireplace design

Firstly you are right.The heat in the fireplace will cause the air to rise (convection) and as it cools the convection effect decreases so thats why a insulated flue does a better job at draft.

Secondly the main thing that causes draft in a fireplace is the diferense in hight between the top of the chimney pot and the fire. The air will be at a lower pressure at the pot than the fireplace so the air will try and blalance out and cause a draft.

Things to think about are light proofing.. yes the negative pressure will keep the door shut but also stop the air from flowwing up the chiminey.Your plants will need air the grow.so you will need to design a light proof way to get the air in without the light.It is doable but takes some thinking about.

Good luck with it all and just ask if you have any more questions.. this is the place to ask..

FrostySteve

• 1 year later...

Hey mate, your grow looks sweet. Particuarly interested in your screwfix jobbie of a light. Iv a verry small grow space http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?show...c=81333&hl= and wondered how well that light is doing for you? I too intend to scrog. Do you reckon I could get it in my cupboard? and would it be better than 2 125w enviros? Fire risk? Cheers matey!

• 7 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Bravo !

Great diary, took me back to my first grow, which was a 70watt lamp BUT hung inside a rolled up carpet(well it was a tropical plant, need to keep them warm eh?) in a loft in Scotland in the winter

• 2 weeks later...

Wicked little grow there! Super stealth.I'd be interested to hear how much you yielded with a 70w. Take it easy :skin_up:

Edited by Allen

hiya,

love it! what a great idea, glad its working so well, i converted an old fridge freezer last year

having nowhere indoors to grow, stuck it in the shed, perfect growbox, lightproof, insulated, soundproof

and whats more very stealthy, lotsa peeps have a freezer in the garage etc. put in a 150w mini-max sodium

and got 140g off two autos, my space is only 1'6" x 2', chuffed to bits...you could get a good return as well.

something for you to consider, the old coal fires needed a damper at the bottom to control the airflow

maybe if you could make something along those lines you could control the temps in your grow?

good luck with it

peace

• 1 month later...