New 70W HPS Micro ScroG

Aethyr

Guest Potter

Good thread :unsure:

That fireplace probably has a liner that could be smashed out and possibly a 250 could be installed :nenenenene: nice big square space behind :yinyang:

sorted with the ventilation, nowt better than chimney..probably could do with a bit of warming up! whats the temps ?

Good luck ;)

• 2 weeks later...

JP - Thanks, hope I do. You had a look at your fireplace?

PP- Don't think I`ll risk it, I`d probably smash out too much and end up with a pile of rubble where my front room used to be.... :wassnnme:

Anyway, here we go with a quick update, 25 days flowering now and starting to look worthwhile.

(As usual, sorry for the poor quality of the pics.)

post-2650-1116067417.jpg

Only just found this thread. I used to have a grow space in an old fireplace a bit like this. It was a little bigger (3ft wide, 2ft deep and about 4 ft high) There had been a cupboard built in it so i just removed the roof and 'hey presto'!! The draught created was healthy and constant and there were no fire risks at all.

I ran a 400w son t in there and produced 4-6ozs every three months (clones ready to go).

No doubt about it, old fireplaces are the go.

CH

Excellent Conehead, I was sure someone else must have thought of this. Did you move, or just find a bigger grow space?

To the (shite as usual) piccies.

post-2650-1116933179.jpgpost-2650-1116933202.jpg

Day 34

Aethyr

Edited by Aethyr
  • Like 1

Aethyr,

good job there mate :spliff: I've never heard of this before and had to post and say well done for some excellent thinking. Even the odour is getting chucked out the roof too.

Good luck for the finish.

rm

Excellent Conehead, I was sure someone else must have thought of this. Did you move, or just find a bigger grow space?

To the (shite as usual) piccies.

post-2650-1116933179.jpgpost-2650-1116933202.jpg

Day 34

Aethyr

364547[/snapback]

Hi Aethyr

I moved! The fireplace was 10years ago in australia!!!

Am now in the UK and have setup again for the first time in about 8 yrs. A friend gave me 3 small seedlings and i have a 250 w Son T in a very basic loft grow. I am loving it all over again!! Cant stop going up to say Hi to them!!

Have you been happy with the 70w or are you considering upgrading?

CH

70W seems to be doing fine, won't know for sure for another 3 weeks but it looks like I`ll get a big enough crop to keep me going from the current setup. Don't smoke all that much so an Oz or so every 3-4 month is plenty for me.

Aethyr

70W seems to be doing fine, won't know for sure for another 3 weeks but it looks like I`ll get a big enough crop to keep me going from the current setup. Don't smoke all that much so an Oz or so every 3-4 month is plenty for me.

Aethyr

365190[/snapback]

just went back to the begining of this thread and checked out your dimensions. Not a big area is it!!

I guess if your setup keeps you in supply then it is the perfect setup

CH

• 3 weeks later...

Day 51, not long now. Pistils are going orange and the trichs are starting to get that amber glow.

Heres the obligatry shite piccy.

post-2650-1118429875.jpg

• 1 month later...

Wicked idea man! made me laugh too. All you forgot was to stick the gas fire on hinges and disguise it's secret lever as a fire poker!