Fred Funk & Dina Durner

Flintstone

On 2017-5-2 at 1:53 AM, Flintstone said:

11 days from germ and all of the Amnesia are with us and doing fine and same for the Critical minus one!large._DSC3501.jpg

Nice seedling update mate :) sorry about the 1 fallen lady :(

Until the next update :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

Sorry for the late update.... have been away for a few days and as you can see, I have killed 1 of each and almost more. I have watered sparingly... affraid of damping off - only to be affected by the opposite. I had given them extra water before going away but not enough. The 2 corner pots were the ones most affected due to more surface area of the fibre pots on show!  A few lessons learned here!! Sorry Dinafem :blub:

large.IMG_2205.jpg

• Like 4

On 2017-5-11 at 3:58 PM, Flintstone said:

Sorry for the late update.... have been away for a few days and as you can see, I have killed 1 of each and almost more. I have watered sparingly... affraid of damping off - only to be affected by the opposite. I had given them extra water before going away but not enough. The 2 corner pots were the ones most affected due to more surface area of the fibre pots on show!  A few lessons learned here!! Sorry Dinafem :blub:

large.IMG_2205.jpg

Sorry about the loss mate :( sometimes outdoor growing can be way less forgiving than an indoor grow and mistakes do happen :)

Let's hope these are the only 2 fallen girls this season :yep:

The remaining look close to being potted up into bigger pots mate. When you do you can bury the stems a little which will help :)

Thank you for the added picture very much appreciated! 

Until the next one :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

Having a nightmare!! Woke up to this when we had that bad weather the beginning of the week! How the greenhouse never went fully over I don't know! It had moved forward 2 feet, turned 90 degrees then fell over!?! Thank god that chair was there or it would have been disasterous!! I had been keeping a sack of bark chippings in the bottom as a counterweight but had removed it to make it lighter to move into evening sun!  Fair do's to these seedlings.... they are taking a battering! The set of 5 seedlings on the right had toppled over and fallen out onto the Dinafem seedlings!! Can't believe how fortunate I am and how unfortunate these seedling are to have me. I'm planting out as soon as possible to give them some safety from me!!

Alarge.IMG_2219.jpglarge.IMG_2220.jpglarge.IMG_2224.jpg

• Like 5

I would advise tying it to the fence behind mate that will not be the last time it blows over. I have a 2m high plastic greenhouse and its like a ships sail in the wind

• Like 4

Ha that's well lucky mate! You defo need to tie that thing down and I'd leave the weight in the bottom as well.

• Like 2

In future I will be tieing it back, may even build a proper greenhouse next year! Will be planting these out 2nyt so all that will be left in the greenhouse will be the kids veggies and some herbs.

• Like 3

Have a look on freecycle/Facebook for sale pages, you can usually pic up greenhouses free if your willing to take them apart :yep:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, beezee said:

Have a look on freecycle/Facebook for sale pages, you can usually pic up greenhouses free if your willing to take them apart :yep:

I will do.  uPVC installers usually have plenty of mis-measured glass kicking about too so I doubt I'll spend much :yep:

And I have access to plenty of pallets

Edited by Flintstone
  • Like 3

Planted them out last night.. That plot is a nightmare to reach! I'm going to have an arse like Kim Kardashian with that 50m gauntlet squat!

I put the seedlings in a council waste food recycling bin for sturdy protection which does not absorb impacts very well!! There was one particular seedling that didn't take to the greenhouse fall very well and was droopy by the time I reched the plot! I've used 2 different types of tomato grow bags for the compost! All seedling were buried up to their first set of leaves! A scattering of seaweed and some slow release ferts and cages up! Glad to get them in the ground before I murder the lot! :)

large.IMG_2251.jpglarge.IMG_2250.jpglarge.IMG_2249.jpg

• Like 5

Just a little memoir before I forget.... the Critical + 2.0 are the front 3 and the Amnesia xxl are the back 4.

Also, I plan to open up the gauntlet after the first 10m, I'm cursing by the time I get to the plot.

I've dropped off 6L of the homebrew ferts nearby ready to be transported to the plot over the weekend. Hopefully, they're doing alot better without my intervention!

• Like 3

Visited Friday and things are looking good! The dodgy one can't take anymore but I have left it there, never know, that thunderstorm last night may have zapped some life into it! The Critical's are not as forgiving as the Amnesia's, which are the greenest they've ever been! They all got a good natural soaking last night and today so I'm hopefull of a bit of success!

Critical + 2.0 Autos

large.5929bb3015612_12345(3).jpglarge.5929bb395bda3_12345(2).jpglarge.12345.jpg

Amnesia XXL Autos

large.5929bb1564327_12345(6).jpglarge.5929bb27122a8_12345(4).jpglarge.5929bb1e12913_12345(5).jpglarge.5929bb0cde9b8_12345(7).jpg

• Like 3

You got super lucky with that green house fall mate but you have recovered well and now have the ladies now at the plot and settling into there new homes/holes :yep:

Good recall/recovery mate :)

As said also check out the free sites as most people getting rid of greenhouses will do them free if you take apart and move :yep:

Thank you for the continued picture updates very much appreciated!

Until the next one :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

Another little update. After a strenuous few weeks for these seedlings... being cooked in the greenhouse, tipping over in the greenhouse and beaten like a samba drum on the way to the plot at plantout... I'm surprised any have survived at all! 1st 2 pics are the Critical + 2.0 autos. As alredy stated, they've taken a right hammering and hopefully on the up!!

large.592c5d40952a4_29thMay(18).jpglarge.592c5d48054a0_29thMay(19).jpg

The remaining Amnesia XXL Autos have laughed off the abuse I have given them and look to be well! One looks like it has divided into two! Would this be an accidental topping?

large.592c5d52162e7_29thMay(20).jpglarge.592c5d5bc6d27_29thMay(21).jpglarge.592c5d63b9ebc_29thMay(22).jpglarge.592c5d6abf33a_29thMay(23).jpg

Don't think this Critical will make it!

large.592c5d731c11e_29thMay(24).jpg

Found a plot goodie too!

large.592c5d7b7bfed_29thMay.jpg

• Like 4