Fred Funk & Dina Durner

Flintstone

Seeds have landed!!! Was expecting the Critical to be photoperiod but not to worry. The soil is shallow at their intended plot so it's a little less soil I have to dig and drag through gorse :yep:  I'll have to make a plan now to go with staggered grows or both together!?! Anyways.... here is some eye candy:

large._DSC3450.jpg

Seeds come well packaged..... Have not seen vials stuffed like these before!! Seeds are held securely at the bottom of the vial with a small piece of black foam! On top of that, silica beads to absorb any moisture!! Pots are cool too.... I thought one of the lids was broke as it seemed loose.... until i touched it and it snapped onto the base!

Cool, simple design... I like it :yep:

large._DSC3451.jpg

• Like 6

On 12/04/2017 at 5:44 PM, Flintstone said:

Seeds have landed!!! Was expecting the Critical to be photoperiod but not to worry. The soil is shallow at their intended plot so it's a little less soil I have to dig and drag through gorse :yep:  I'll have to make a plan now to go with staggered grows or both together!?! Anyways.... here is some eye candy:

large._DSC3450.jpg

Seeds come well packaged..... Have not seen vials stuffed like these before!! Seeds are held securely at the bottom of the vial with a small piece of black foam! On top of that, silica beads to absorb any moisture!! Pots are cool too.... I thought one of the lids was broke as it seemed loose.... until i touched it and it snapped onto the base!

Cool, simple design... I like it :yep:

large._DSC3451.jpg

Great to see the seeds have landed safe and sound. Sorry for the wrong seeds mate. Shipping has been crazy and a small error was made :(. Great to hear you like the packaging we do aim to get our seeds out to customers in the best possible condition and we have done our best to make sure seeds arrived undamaged and in the best condition :)

Until the next update :oldtoker:

All the best

Mark.

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

Been busy down the plot, moving earth and shadows!! This was 10:30 and these two spots were only just coming out of the shade!

large._DSC3468.jpglarge._DSC3469.jpg

We'll have to do something about that then....

large._DSC3470.jpglarge._DSC3471.jpglarge._DSC3475.jpglarge._DSC3476.jpg

Good job I was wearing Guerilla Growing shorts... you don't feel the pain until you stop working, so.... you don't stop working :)

large._DSC3473.jpglarge._DSC3474.jpg

I've given up on the lino beds. The lino I have is cheap crap that can hardly support it's own weight! I'll keep importing soil until I think of something or just end up with loads of soil there! I've chucked around some veg peels, egg shells and slug pellets! Seems to be a lot of ants around too!

large._DSC3479.jpg

I've germed the seeds today too, seen as though it's 4/20. Used Homebase Seedling Compost, seeds placed on top, then covered with a bit more compost then into the penthouse of th mini greenhouse for the daytime! Will bring them in at night for the 1st week or two.

large._DSC3481.jpglarge._DSC3482.jpglarge._DSC3483.jpglarge._DSC3484.jpg

• Like 5

Looking good Fred. Nice looking plot and an exciting season ahead no doubt. Good luck with it fella! :yep:

• Like 2

Have you used pallets behind the greenhouse? And is it a fence or full on shed? Looks good either way.

Nice full gh too

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, beezee said:

Have you used pallets behind the greenhouse? And is it a fence or full on shed? Looks good either way.

Nice full gh too

Pallet decking, planters and behind is a pallet screen just to hide the neighbours sheds. Training the clematis over them! :yep:

The two full trays are veggies and salads and a pot of strawbs :yep:

• Like 2

Nice mate, I bet it'll look stunning with clematis trailing all over!

My gh's are full of flower and veg seedlings too, they need to hurry up so I can get the pots ready for my autos lol

• Like 2

Hey folks, it's amazing what these plants can achieve within a short period of time! 8pm on the 23rd there was no breakthrough from any of the seeds. By 2pm on the 24th, this is the result:

large._DSC3493.jpg

All of the Criticals had sprouted and 1 of the Amnesia's. I decided to have a sneek peek at the amnesias and moved some of the soil away:

large._DSC3494.jpg

Looking like a 100% germ :yep:  Weather is nice for the following 2 days so hopefully they'll get a decent start in the mini greenhouse during the day!

Best of luck to you all :lucky:

• Like 3

It's gonna be really cold nights for the next few days with a good chance of frosts. 

I'd keep them at home until Thursday if you can.

Nice start, I'm sure my beans will be getting soaked very soon :D

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, beezee said:

It's gonna be really cold nights for the next few days with a good chance of frosts. 

I'd keep them at home until Thursday if you can.

Nice start, I'm sure my beans will be getting soaked very soon :D

5 degrees is my lowest night temp over the next couple. They'll be indoors over night, greenhouse during the day. Quite a sunny forecast for me! North winds, but the greenhouse is sheltered from the north:yep:

• Like 2

Just found a Critical casualty! Not sure how it has happened but the seed and root are no longer together! The trays have been handled a few times today so possibly down to that. I have tried to transplant it back in place and hope for the best! :blub:

large._DSC3495.jpglarge._DSC3496.jpg

• Like 1

With 100% germination rates, excellent plot prep and battle wounds we can safely say that this season's outdoor grow season has kicked into a more faster gear :)

Your plot looks great and some hard work has gone in already to get things looking the way they do, well done :yep:

Please keep these updates coming as we at Dinafem love to watch our work thrive in the great outdoors :)

Thank you for both the seedling and plot update this season is now on!

Until the next one :bong:

All the best 

Mark. 

• Like 1

11 days from germ and all of the Amnesia are with us and doing fine and same for the Critical minus one!large._DSC3501.jpg

• Like 3