Tea and Tiffin

SaladBar

Time to wrap this bad boy up........................

First up thanks to our sponsors for this comp @Dinafem-Mark and all the ppl at Dinafem working behind the scenes.  I have been a long time buyer of your seeds and they have (nearly) always provided indoor and out :)

Its been a hell of a season for me, nearly everything we have had out has rotted in some way or another.  This year me and my buddy put in the most effort so far and due to factors beyond anyones control i.e. the weather, we didn't really get the rewards we were hoping for, effort most certainly did not equal reward.  Will it put us off?  Will it Bollox, just come back next year and try harder again, take the lessons from this year and apply them next.

Overall I have a few zips in jars, that I know where it came from, what went in and how its been treated.  It didn't cost me an arm and a leg and I haven't had to meet any dodgy street dealers to get what I want so all said and done return on investment has been good.  It helps that some of my beans came from this comp too.  And to be fair its worth it for the shits and giggles of hiding in bushes and being all stealth, I actually quite like the adrenaline hit, its almost like an extreme sport but with no physical risk.

So what are my take away points from this season:

• UK Weather is feckin shocking sometimes, the one thing we can do nought about
  • Mould/Rot is a cu*%
  • Try and get more plots with morning sun, maybe east facing is better than south for the later ones
  • Get shit out earlier, we usually do but for some reason ran a few weeks late this year
  • Autos are the shittest ROI 
  • Oh did I mention that mould/rot is a cu*%

Signing of with my last shot of the season, couple of full jars, bubble run and packed steam roller for me to come down off this season :)  Onward and upwards my outdoor pals, its time for Tea and Tiffin.

medium.IMG_0212.JPG.9fe0205b7c31e4fe0b0c

P.S. I still have Durbans out but last i saw they didnt look great either so cant be arsed to even mention them from here on in, more misery and rotten shit.

• Like 6

Excellent finish to the diary mate! It's been a funny season with the hot early spell then non stop rain. 

Enjoin your fruits, that bubble has got my mouth watering. 

• Like 3

Thanks guys, waiting to see how your monsters turn out @jadenugs good luck with those.

i would love to get my hands on some of the genetics you guys get @beezee guess you gotta be “in the know”.  Good luck with end of your season too :haveadab:

• Like 3

I got my epk from subbies here mate, then selected the best male, collected pollen and chucked it on standout plants. There's some really good outdoor beans in subbies right now, defo worth getting some and using a nice male to make your own beans ;)

• Like 2

Just checked the subbie list, damn there is some good ones there.

no fems though, I ain’t doing regs next time round.

• Like 3

I must say considering the season we have had it is great to finally see some bud in the jars and enjoying a nice cure :yep:

This has been a super strange season with really unpredictable weather. You did great mate and as said nice to see you rewarded with bud in the jars  :bong:

Next year has got to be better and if all goes well we will be doing this again and maybe we will also do this with the HSO genetics so we can have a few regular strains in the mix. This is next season as this season is not over yet :) still got 3 best diarys to select which is not going to be easy :)

Great diary my friend it's been a pleasure to follow along  :)

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

@mokka HSO genetics or Humboldt Seed Organisations is a totally separate company from Dinafem but ran by the same team :)

I was asked to come aboard to get the new HSO forum here at UK420 up and running and so far we have been received very well :)

Will be interesting to see how the legendary California strains do in the great outdoors and this is something I'm definitely thinking about for next season :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@mokka come find me in the HSO sub-forum mate :yep: I think I've seen you there?

Green crack is a nice strain, very flavourful and a fantastic strain for extract making  :)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1