Tea and Tiffin

SaladBar

Back again.

Two updates inside a week, what can be wrong :unsure:

Plant out for the Dinafem comp beans today.  Perfect day for it, overcast and a little rain to bed them in.  Each one is given a healthy dose of Rootgrow at plant out, i like to think the Myco helps the roots find what they need, especially during dryer times.

small.IMG_0180.JPG.293604c07d30897ea06c2

White Widow XXL 

5/5 Germ rate, 4/5 planted, 1/5 getting culled as runty/crinkly leaf

Out of the 5, 4 have been planted, 3 in the bed below and 1 in with the Blue Criticals. The other one has some weird crinkly leaf deformation and is up for culling.  

medium.IMG_0181.JPG.117030a01b901189c7d2

the white powder to the left is just some Rootgrow that I spilt.  Slug defence is more traditional.

AUTO Blue Criticals 

5/5 Germ rate, 3/5 Planted, 2/5 culled as runts

small.IMG_0183.JPG.0044283782ee60d54f1d5

This is another shot of the Blue Critical with the other WW XXL at the front, its pretty easy to tell the difference even at this early stage.  You can also see in these pictures the DPC lining the hole and the type of stiff plastic netting I use.

small.IMG_0182.JPG.cbea882700747cfc11f90

Glad to be getting some out at last.

Wont be returning for at least 2 weeks now so next update around then.

• Like 8

I bet they don't look as good this morning.  Wild storms round these parts last night.

• Like 3

@SaladBar looking good there and your probably right about the weather sadly,it's hard for you  outdoor guys and I respect each and every one of you.

One point though us lazy indoor chaps might kill runts (not me) because theyll take up valuable space and light but for you guerillas there's no reason to do it really just plant everything out and give it a chance it may only give you half and ounce but that's half an ounce you didn't have to start with.

If a bean pops and sprouts then youve brought it to life so my mantra is "If it grows let it go" 

I had 1 free Humboldt Amherst Sour Diesel last year grown in half a milk tub at the side of my drobe and that plant gave about 18-20g but it was so f*****g strong in its lsd like hit,100% no body stone at all,my Wife refused to smoke it and won't again lol

Get 'em popped and let them work for you they just want to grow.

Edited by Badbadger
  • Like 4

You're probably right mate but have found less crowding produces more.  I have a pretty rigid plan and limited number of holes in the ground.  I know I could dig another "runt plot" but need to get out what looks healthy first.  Who knows they may become my pets that I keep bonsai stylee.

thanks for looking in :smokin:

• Like 5

In my limited experience runts quite often turn out to be absolutely cracking plants

they may have issues starting but the genes that cause the issues sometimes cause some other nice "treats" too

give em a whirl

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Back once again...

This update is from Wednesday 14th, I have been fishing last few days so didn't get the post up in time.

I had to go back after the storms and check for slug protection and actually see what was left.   Just after I planted the WW XXL and Blue Critical we had some bad storms in these parts.  Lots of rain (which was pretty big drops rather than fine rain) and high winds.  It got me concerned that the poor ladies wouldn't be able to handle it as their first few days in the wild but my only chance for a visit was 10 days after plant out and probably a week or so since the bad weather.  I didn't just check the comp beans but a total of 22 different plants, to my amazement I had only lost the WW XXL that was in the bed with the Blue Crits, 1 out of 22 was pretty good going considering the weather.

So this is just 10 days later, looks like everything has rooted fine in their new homes.

White Widow XXL - Ticking along nicely, have rooted ok, no obvious signs of any issues i.e. soil mix isn't too hot 

medium.IMG_3207.JPG.d2bf2425365cd7ed1d54

Auto Blue Critical - All 3 look fine, not as vigorous as the WW XXL but healthy none the less.  The WW XXL that was in this bed was chopped at the soil, could have been dodgy plant out but was still too green, storm or critters I am not sure??  A replacement will be going in there, not sure what but possibly a photo rather than auto as time is getting on now.

medium.IMG_3209.JPG.2c90bb990d5cbccadc0f

Slug pellets replenished, suns out, looking forward to a visit in another couple of weeks.  Hoping we get some rain in the next 10-14 days, funny how we jump from wanting sun to wanting rain, us guerrillas are never happy :haveadab:

Edited by SaladBar
  • Like 6

Now that the plants are at the plot and in the ground they are getting situated very well :)

Sorry to hear you lost 3 strains due to them not being to vigorous and as you said with a small outdoor grow you need the best of the best so no room for runts :)

Also with the storm to lose only 1 plant this is good and shows the plants have hardened up and ready to go :yep:

Great continued updates and thank you for the added pictures very much appreciated! 

Until the next one :bong:

All the best

Mark..

• Like 2

Looking good mate! they're some big pots :eek: they'll thrive in them!

All the best man take it easy :yep:

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Mohamedbear said:

Looking good mate! they're some big pots :eek: they'll thrive in them!

All the best man take it easy :yep:

The WW XXL pot had 5 autos in it last year.  Wanted to give these some room as XXL.  150l of mp compost and ferts plus some native should be more than enough.

thanks for looking in :skin_up:

• Like 3

Thanks @Irishgirl following your antics too.  Looks like it's actually sunny your way too, should help things along for you.  Do they sell sun screen over there for such a rare event :smokin:

• Like 4

gonna keep it short and sweet..........

Popped back in today to stick a replacement in the hole the other WW XXL left behind.  Unfortunately its non Dinafem, photo period Durban poison so I wont dwell on it in this diary.  Suffice to say it will be making the odd appearance by virtue of its location in the same bed as the Blue Criticals.

Surprised to see no wilting after current high temps and as I took a few scoops out to plant the DP it was still moist enough a few inches under the soil.  Gave each bed a few litres of water anyway, mere drop in the ocean in these temps but every little helps.

WW XXL, doing the business.  Now about as high as the net so prob 55-60cm.  All looking healthy enough.

medium.594a8e433432f_IMG_01871.jpg.03304

Auto Blue Critical (with Durban Poison at the front).  Bit more leggy that the WW but all 3 seem pretty consistent.

medium.IMG_0188.JPG.208f41d9608b1aa49d2d

Really will be leaving it for 3-4  weeks now, no point going back constantly.  Stealth is the name of the game after all :pitchfork:  

SaladBar

• Like 4

just noticed a bit of "cupping" on that front WW, its probably just the soaring temps, hopefully.

• Like 1