Tea and Tiffin

SaladBar

So sorry to read that the bud rot has also decimated your Auto blue critical mate, I know how much work you guys put into your outdoor plots so when this happens it's a real kick in the teeth. It has been a very weird season weather wise and so many crops hit by rot. Let's hope your Durban finish up with out anymore bad luck :)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

Cheers @Dinafem-Mark still in the game mate going to hopefully get 3 WWW XXL tomorrow and still got another one out in another spot. 

3 tomorrow will be at 113 days since germ so should be nicely cooked or mush, hoping for the former.

watch this space for pictures and update.

• Like 1

Hi All,

I had high hopes for better news tonight.  Thought the WWa XXL would see me through and fight off the mould but oh no.....the season has been that bad that even my usual banker type strains like the DF WWa is having trouble.  I want to blame it on the XXL taking soooo much longer that the normal autos but to be fair even if this came down in July i don't think it would have faired any better, July was just as wet as August has been. 

So there were 3 here that should have been ready, all 113 days old.  I only took pictures of 2 as one was so mullered with powdery mildew it wasn't even worth a picture, this is the first time I have ever seen powdery mildew on any of my plants so was a bit of a shock, it was under developed spindly shite that I was going to save for hash bags but cant bring myself to put mildewy bud in my hash so that has ll gone in the bin, leaving 2 plants.

The first I managed to save about 50% of but the rest is all rotten

medium_ww2a.jpg.f699d02bf5fc5b129df3c687

medium_ww2.jpg.514a66546b6f9f9cf31a47f6f

plant number 2 looked better in this photo but only saved about 20%, was rotting from the middle out, i almost cried as I was cutting this down:

medium_ww1.jpg.7c50ff31fe0a89a182f2dc188

Tonight has been gutting to say the least, prob max of 10g dry if I am lucky plus some decent hash trim but what a kick in the nuts.  Its no blame of the genetics, i have grown DF WWa for last couple of seasons and know it is sound and lets face it the XXL looked very tempting.  Why wouldn't I want more of what I know does well but bigger???  

I still have one WWa XXL out at another plot so will update on that when it comes in, it was a couple of weeks behind which may well be in its favour if we now have a dry spell, one can only hope.

And to finish on a positive note, the Durban at the same plot as the 3 I have just harvested/chopped, is now 5ft, fan leaves like dinner plates, started flowering and very healthy so my season is a long way from over, HFH to harvest through September, then Durbs in October, chucked a bit more FBB and SOP down whilst I was there :)

medium_dp.jpg.25b1556553700895b75dff70f0

• Like 5

That's gutting about the WWa mate, I've had similar problems in the gh this year. This summer has been one of the worst for a long while. 

• Like 2

Thanks eze and nugs.

Sun is out and due to stay that way for a couple of weeks.  Deffo got some out that can make use of that. :)  The last WW XXL will be lapping it up and a few other autos that were nearly done but not enough for rot to set in.

I am still quietly optimistic for the season.   Put a lot more work in than normal this year.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

It is heart breaking to read that you have been hit so hard with the bud rot and mildew issues this really has been a horrible season for the UK outdoor grower. As you said even our tried and tested auto white widow is being hit with this which is very unlikely as she has been a soild strain for outdoor grows in the UK for the last few years :)

Really sorry mate :( let's hope you get at least some smoke from this season's endeavour :yep:

Thank you for taking the time to go to your plot mate I know what you found was not good but thank you anyway and thank you for the added pictures very much appreciated! 

Let's hope the remaining plot is not effected as much :)

All the best 

Mark..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Sorry for lack of response, gotr a bit p'd off with the whole auto thing this year.  Its the feckin the weather and maybe a later than normal plant out by me but to be fair the weather was just as shit for a month before harvest too so even early plant out wouldn't have saved me.  It really has been a kick in the nuts.

I went back to get the last WW XXL from a mixed plot, it was under cooked but suffering so I ended the suffering and put it out of its misery.  Funny thing is at 7g dry its probably the biggest haul from a single auto this year, thats how bad it has been.  I like to average my harvest out over all plants planted, regardless of whether or not they make it.  For Autos last year I averaged 12g per plant, this year less than 3g per plant, WTF!!!!!  The return on investment (time/space/money) is pants with Autos at best but this year takes the p155.  It does make me wonder why autos are so much more expensive than normal seeds.

Anyway enough negative stuff, if @Dinafem-Mark doesn't mind I would like to carry my diary on with the rest of what I have out.  

So the last plants standing are a bunch of HFH stuff and some Dutch Passion Durban Poisons.  2-3 weeks for HFH and then End of October for Durbs.

Last nights visit was to a couple of Danish Gold plots, one has 3 plants in and the other 2.  Zero mould on these so far which is amazing and lets hope it continues.  Plants 1,2 and 3 got a bit mullered by caterpillars in their early flower days so lost a few branches.  They were covered in slime and stuff last I saw them so wasn't expecting much and I was right lol  Not much but some of the better bud formation i have seen this season.  Smell minty and hard nugs rather than airy fluffy shite.

Plants 1 and 2

medium.DGold1_and_2.jpg.bba5162ae602407f

Plant3 - you can see where I had to cut some branches that were slimed up and eaten bu the caterpillars but couple of nice colas

medium.DGold3.jpg.8e634e5e6d1728993c91f2

Plant4

medium.DGold4.jpg.babb8166551704290fbc6a

medium.DGold4_top.jpg.7b991c05f611fc4b4d

So as you can see my Season is far from over :)  Last nights visit cheered me up no end and full of positive vibes again.  Its deffo never over until the last plant is in and the fat lady is singing.

SB.

• Like 6

They could well be the start of a recovery, fingers crossed for some dry and sunny days.

I will be doing RGSC rather than HFH next year, fems all they way and they have a couple of earlier/semi auto offerings.

will always do a few autos and Thinking exclusively doing DF WWa next season.  

• Like 3

Watch for rot on the greengold if you were thinking of them. Personally I like the look of dfg, but I've got Freezeland, s6, Essex Kush and durban for next year :D

• Like 3

Nice line up.

So far plan is this

DF WWa  for early harvest

Green Gold or mighty gold and prob the Mazzar.  That will replace HFH as mid harvest and Undecided on photos yet for later harvest.  S6 looks good but pricey and I am a tight arse.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

No problem what so ever mate your season is far from over and still some beautiful plants to see :)

Keep up the great work mate :) and stay safe out there :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1