Tea and Tiffin

SaladBar

update incoming......

Been out today as knew it was going to rain, its been well needed round these parts, must be 8-10 days since last rain and its been very dry.  I never take any extra water, used too but realised its a futile task really and a mere drop in the ocean.  4 or 5 2litre bottles was never going to give them what they needed so just stopped taking water altogether.  In theory giving them the Mycho at plant out was to help develop a much fuller root structure that would find its own water if needed, at the end of the day these plants live in all sorts of conditions from arid to mountain so I am sure they can handle most UK summer conditions.

So the important picture part.......

Auto Blue Criticals first, well into flower now, 2 look the same height and 1 in middle is little smaller but all look healthy.  Happy that the Durban that is sharing their bed hasn't taken over or been crowded out.  These dont have much side branching and look to be a straight up and down, 1 donkey dick kind of plant.

Close up:

medium.BlueCrit2.JPG.66fb24210be12c26665

Full Plant shot:

medium.BlueCrit1.JPG.0c56318113c3301eb87

Bed, with Durban at the front:

medium.BlueCrit3.JPG.5bec1f3e21838a7b59c

Next up are the WW XXL, also looking ok but not as far along as the Blue Criticals.  Not entirely convinced the extra days  have actually gained me anything over the normal WW auto's but I remain to be proven wrong.  They could just be stretching now ready to flower properly.   A few more side branches than the Blue Crits so hopefully a few extra bud sites.

WW XXL Close Up:

medium.WWXXL1.JPG.10f6dee4c8f226d4b8d1aa

Bed:

medium.WWXXL2.JPG.53ca0a629d6a719c542815

Thanks for checking in.

• Like 6

Both strains look well into flower now mate with the blue critical slightly ahead :yep: also no problem about another strain in the thread just glad you had an extra strain at hand :)

Not looking to bad at all mate and thank you for the continued picture updates very much appreciated! 

Until the next one :bong:

All the best

Mark..

• 3 weeks later...

1 month on.............

So my last update was 11th July, and in that time I was hoping for great things, however two comments I saw on the net this week worried me a little so thought I better get my walking boots on and go for a look and see whats been going on.  

The 2 comments were, "its been the warmest,dryest June for 30 years" and "Its been the wettest July for 30 years", I don't know if either are specifically true but it made the mind start ticking about mould.  It has been exceptionally humid around here for the last few weeks and looking back, I was worried about lack of water at plant out time, then storm damage and now mould and we haven't even reached mid August yet.

Here is what I found:

All 3 Blue Critical Autos are no more, 1 has rotted completely and the other 2 are not ready and also going mouldy.  I am going back later to salvage what I can for the hash bags.  Not a happy guerilla today :(

#1 might be some salvageable from here but only for the hash bags at best:

medium.Bl_Cr_1.jpg.36a2be844de427bb14886

#2 complete loss, looks like it was under developed when the mould hit:

medium.Bl_Cr_2.jpg.427ced774ffcdb1dbef8e

#3 maybe get a few bits for the hash bag but pretty much complete loss again:

medium.Bl_Cr_3.jpg.f37b4fc354df3468caa8e

So the WW XXL, these are still ticking along nicely but sooo late, still got another 3-4 weeks which is madness for an auto, I will have photo plants finishing up about the same time.  Looking back through my notes I harvested the normal WWa 3rd week of July last year and the plants looked more impressive than these do at the moment.  In their defence though this may have done them a favour as the lateness means they have missed the bad weather at bud time, and with any luck and a few dry weeks these could save my season in terms of Autos.  They also have a couple of side branches each so not just a straight up and down donkey schlong.

#1 on left, #2 in centre

medium.wwxxl_1_and_2.jpg.9b3b104bf826a52

#2 on left, #3 on right

medium.wwxxl_2_and_3.jpg.fb3c2100920061e

I am not convinced the Blue Critical Autos are particularly mould resistant and maybe not such a good candidate for the wetter UK summer, sure they would do fine in a more sunny UK summer.  They did start of pretty good and I was very hopeful when I left them on the 11th July.  And to be fair I also checked some Sweet Seeds autos yesterday and they are not fairing much better so I can only conclude its partially genetics but a big chunk of bad weather that is to blame for the poor result.

With any luck the WWXXL will produce and I'll be back to being happy again.  These haven't given me the early jars I am used to though so will only run the non XXL version in future.

So if the weather man is listening, can we have some sun for the next 4 weeks please and stop this pissy rainy, drizzly wet stuff.

• Like 7

Thank fuck in not the only one suffering with rot lol I can't even keep it at bay in my greenhouse with daily checks and peroxide spray! 

This has to have been the worst July for autos ever...

• Like 3

Shocking for it this year mate just hope my Photos pull through for me.

its looking like it could be worst year ever so far.

ladt year same plot, same numbers, same prep was over 6o this year looks like 1 if lucky.   Like I say staggered growth times may save the day for me but so far so shite.

• Like 3

Possibly 7-10g dry from the 3 plants of airy, unfinished shite.  Straight in the hash pile ☹️

Still at at least they are gone now and hopefully won't affect the Durban or WWxxl at same plot.

• Like 3

@SaladBar hope those photos pull through for you mate im a wannabe outdoor grower but cant physically do it but I applaud you guys for all the effort you put in.

As for the weather I'm afraid long term it's not looking great.

Not sure how much you follow it but 2 1/2 weeks ago the jet stream dropped South pulling in those twice a week Atlantic rainstorms we all love to hate as in winter 2 years ago when it was storm after storm after storm and everywhere flooded.

It's also a big factor in Europes 40c heatwave they've been having of late.

Sadly when it drops like that it sets in a weather pattern that takes some shifting and as far as I can see from the sites I follow there's no signs of any significant flow change in the next 7-10 days at least.

Best of luck to you my friend.

Edited by Badbadger
  • Like 3

I keep an eye on netweather but only understand half of it.   We need that late summery blast like the old days, a good old fashioned Indian summer in September would be fine.

• Like 2

Shame about the Blue Criticals mate. I haven't got much hope for the one I have out. It's right next to a Bubba Kush auto that's already had a spot of rot. I hope your Widows survive this weather. I'm banking on an Indian summer for the photo's. We can't be having shit weather like this for the next two months can we?

• Like 2

What photos you got out @jadenugs

i have a few more later autos out and the XXL be next in.

followed by HFH Danish Pot, royal Dane

durbans and HFH amnesia x hp2. Just getting ready to flower so prob late October.

hope that lot keeps me in the game and that some when over the next 3 months I get my seasons worth.

• Like 1

@vortex

not really what what I Expextecd from a sat dom strain, they are getting to a nice size possibly 5ft, not a great deal of branching, dark lush green and massive indica looking leaves.  I'll get a pic or two next time I am near some.   I think they are pre flower stretch at moment.

• Like 2

@SaladBar

I have Critical Jack, Purple Orange CBD and Dinachem. Then S6xEarly pink kush and Auto Cream Mandarin x Early Pink Kush that are into flower. The first 3 look to be just entering the bloom phase so probably late Oct for them.

When I did DP's Durban poison they were the same, big indica like leaves, not much branching but one pheno had loads of branching and turned into a right bush. Unfortunately that one got ripped. The smoke from the others was very tasty.

Hopefully you'll get a decent seasons worth mate.

• Like 2

I had durban out last year in an excellent plot (lost to development), it got to about 8ft so I bent it over and it spread right out. I think I got over 5oz from it :)

• Like 3

@vortexcouple of shite pics of 1 of the 5 Durbans I have out, sure I saw the first pistil today so maybe just starting or was a pre flower, need to visit the others early next week so will get a better pic.  All 5 pretty much look the same to me so nice consistency, check out the size of the leaves for a sat dom strain :)

medium.durb1.jpg.2ec877ee57647b8b3d2086a

Here it is in its home with a sweet seeds auto that has another week or 2 left before it gets removed so the Durb can finish up in its own space.  Its an attempt at getting 2 harvests from one pot:

medium.598de9b590c63_durbAuto.jpg.0f05fc

• Like 2