Attack of the Killer BeeZ

flighty

@beezee

Some nice plants & buds you got :thumsup:,   I can almost smell them lol ,

I hope the weather is kind for your remaining plants :oldtoker:.

Edited by twoscoops
  • Like 2

Congratulations :yep: @beezee some seriously lush looking buds there mate! :guitar: really pleased you managed to harvest that CC! Does it have a very cheesy smell? Or do you reckon it will come out in the cure? 

• Like 1

@twoscoops cheers fella, there's a load of work to do at that plot over winter to get proper sized plants next year.

Poxy weather, it's been the worst since I started growing. 

@MacGanja yes mate, I'm we'll chuffed I harvested that lot. I hope they don't shrink too much during the dry. 

There's definitely a cheesy smell, but I'd say it's more critical atm, we'll have to wait and see what happens. 

I forgot to say in my post that the best one seems to be the more indica one with fatter buds and more resistance, and it was bigger overall... I chose well when I took a cut ;)

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, beezee said:

@twoscoops

@MacGanja

I forgot to say in my post that the best one seems to be the more indica one with fatter buds and more resistance, and it was bigger overall... I chose well when I took a cut ;)

BOOM! Nice one... Does this mean you will hacking this (S6 pollen?) or is this just a winter cut that will fill a space in your tent to make up for the weather not producing the desired quantity?:yep:

• Like 2

Most likely I'll chuck some pollen on it, maybe Essex Kush, I'm not sure the s6 is going to be viable. 

Expect to see it in the tent as well, I'm thinking 9 3l pots 3 x critical Cheese, 3 x critical Jack and 3 others, I'm sure I've got some kali mist x bubblegum from serious seeds that need to be grown :D

• Like 3

Lol... I wrote Essex kush first then deleted it... As I knew you had the S6 side project going.. If it was me I would do both.. Sounds like a fantastic line up in your tent! Kali mist x bubblegum?! Surely that's a must? :yep: what sized light are you running? 

• Like 2

Ha ha I need to try and reverse another cut off that s6, she is a bit special, but I'm not counting on her and I want to take Essex Kush in a couple of different directions 

I don't think serious every released the km x bbg, they must have been given it as testers. 

I've got a 600W hps, but it's too much for my tent. I'm looking to change it for 300W of cob led.

• Like 2

great work @beezee with the weather and all the pitfalls of outdoor growing you make it happen. happy harvesting and good luck with the others that still have to finish. 

sam

• Like 3

Another week, another visit to the plot. 

So I was back at the plot in Tuesday after the storm and I was hoping they'd all still be upright lol

As it turns out the only plant that looked a bit different was the Critical Jack, which just had a bit of a lean on :)

I have her a quick check over, pulled one spot of mould off and tried to pull her straight again with limited success. I only got pics from before I did anything to her. 

large.15082531500786.jpglarge.15082531500165.jpg

I also gave her the last feed of rose food and chucked the remainder of the box around the plot. 

Critical Cheese - as you know she was mostly harvested last week (which is dried and jarred as of yesterday). So I gave the popcorn a check over, there was a lot of wind burnt leaves and some tiny spots of mould through most of it. I cut everything off it, pulled the stalk out and hid the cages away... 2 more plants finished. When I got these home most of it went into the hash pile, but I did save a few nice buds :)

large.15082531736437.jpg

Critical+2 is still going well, but I think I'll be harvesting her next will, so a quick check over was done and one spot of mould found. I then defoliated all of the leaves that had a stem sticking out away from the buds. 

large.15082531738560.jpglarge.15082531737999.jpg

Critical+ - not too impressed with these,  the clone has been binned! Bits of rot thru most of these, so I harvested all of them bar 1 plant. The was quite a few nice buds, but the plants were small and relatively late. The smoke will have to be in a class of its own for me to grow these again... Not likely lol

large.15082531737148.jpg

So that leaves the last 2 Essex Kush! One was fully cooked a few isolated spots of mould were removed and the plant harvested in full! The other one needs about another week maybe 2 at a push and a few spots of mould were also removed from her. 

Now, these are some seriously leafy plants which a lot of people don't like, but, for me here in soggy Wales, getting a plant to finish this well it's a feat in itself! Also the wife had a test which she really liked without knowing what it was :)

This is a line that I'll continue working on! 

• Like 7

Must be some good root systems in your plants mate to withstand those winds in open space. Top job :yep:  The +2 defo looks a lot better than the +. Nice colour to the buds too.

• Like 3

I think it's more to do with the heavy clay soil @jadenugs the Critical Cheese stalks were a challenge to pull out and I nearly went on my arse when they decided to come free lol

Believe it or not the c+2 is nearly the same size as the c+ and she was a much later planted clone, and I know I really like the smoke :D

• Like 4

As expected you have been smashing it this season  :) yes you have been hit with some budrot but on the whole things look to been doing very well :)

Sorry to read that our original critical + has not performed very well and the critical cheese does look very susceptible to the dreaded rot/mold issues. On a more positive note our critical + 2.0, critical Jack and your Essex kush do look more accustomed to the UK climate  :bong:

You came 1st last year and we can see why. This is the one to beat for all those competing  :)

Have seen some great grows this season so selecting 3 is not going to be easy and this thread is certainly up there  :)

Nice job mate :)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

Hey @Dinafem-Mark thanks for looking in!

The Critical Cheese did seem to be getting a pasting, but if you look at the harvest pics she actually turned out to be one of my best plants! 

Critical+ I expect could be a very good plant, but for me where I grow and the terrible season, it just hasn't made the grade. I'm sure I'll enjoy a very nice smoke from her tho. 

Good to hear I'm in with a chance again, I haven't had a very good year, but I've tried to keep the diary interesting :D

• Like 3

@beezeeGlad the critical cheese pulled through with an harvest mate and not all lost to the dreaded rot :)

You've done great mate :)

You do have a bit of competition though :bong:

Should be interesting and just under a month away from selection :)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3