MONSTERS IN THE CLOSET (DWC, LED, SCROG, DIY) jack 47 and devil cream auto.

1 minute ago, BaMbA2 said:

You are really wellcome :) /shareone
I grind some last night for "testing"... I couldnt beleve how strong it was only 1 week after harvest.... and went to start the new time lapse, just to notice i forgot to restart the gopro after the harvest day :(( :(:( and I got some led glasses to test...
I would like to try that roots, NOT :D
the leaves on the other hand are allmost dry to make some amazing HBO oil

Well sometimes the girls eat a lot , happened once more that I was feeding top recommend dosages and they was keep dropping the EC every day... the creme stopped dropping the EC the last 10 days and thats when I started to flash her for harvest.
Most runs tops at 60ml/20L AB but not with that high levels of Co2 and heat. I had the EC from from 2000+ to 1750 in less than 24 hours.

Don't eat to poke my nose in but I see overfeeding an awful lot on the site, I do it myself trying to push the yield.  But I would be looking to drop your levels massively, you can see the bud growth is stunted and will be costing you a lot of yield imho :)

1 minute ago, BaMbA2 said:

You are really wellcome :) /shareone
I grind some last night for "testing"... I couldnt beleve how strong it was only 1 week after harvest.... and went to start the new time lapse, just to notice i forgot to restart the gopro after the harvest day :(( :(:( and I got some led glasses to test...
I would like to try that roots, NOT :D
the leaves on the other hand are allmost dry to make some amazing HBO oil

Well sometimes the girls eat a lot , happened once more that I was feeding top recommend dosages and they was keep dropping the EC every day... the creme stopped dropping the EC the last 10 days and thats when I started to flash her for harvest.
Most runs tops at 60ml/20L AB but not with that high levels of Co2 and heat. I had the EC from from 2000+ to 1750 in less than 24 hours.

Don't mean to poke my nose in but I see overfeeding an awful lot on the site, I do it myself trying to push the yield.  But I would be looking to drop your levels massively, you can see the bud growth is stunted and will be costing you a lot of yield imho :)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, StonedBrittania said:

Don't mean to poke my nose in but I see overfeeding an awful lot on the site, I do it myself trying to push the yield.  But I would be looking to drop your levels massively, you can see the bud growth is stunted and will be costing you a lot of yield imho :)

Not at all, every opinion is more than welcome, I haven’t manage to do a single grow with Advance Nutrients that I don’t get signs of overfeeding, I even called them once to ask about it and they told me: some signs of overfeeding is normal to have especially in DWC.

Well Creme is in the jar and the small Jack 47(fighter) is done for, but the Jack 47 especially now that is alone under the center of the lights is getting fat every day and I am afraid of, if it will be finished before the timeline...

So yes I ll actually start flashing it and harvest it the next week, to have time for dring it properly and make a smoke report, before the comp finish.

About overfeeding, it is the medium that the plant grows in that is getting "salty", the roots and the plant what so ever will only absorb what it needs and nothing more... so in situations like DWC that you change water every 3-6 days, in theory the plant only absorb the best and you throw the rest.

From personal testing when I tried to max feed one plant from day 1 to harvest(but change the water every 3rd day) I had the best ressults in dry weight from a single plant.I have the grow in another forum if you are instersting.

Edited by BaMbA2

Id have to agree... less is and will equal to more in most cases. I would def cut back on the N. I personally wouldnt smoke that knowing what you fed. Do yourself a favour and break away from the feed schedules and learn to read your plants. Will save you a few quid and improve your yield and quality of product

• Like 1

And nute companies will tell you their shit will give your balls a massage followed by a happy ending while they tickle your arse if it means you continue giving them your $ !!  use your own mind and judgement. If you have already asked them about the overfed look so you obviously see theres an issue. Act on it .  Believe in your gut instinct ... what makes a good/successful grower imo. 

I would def be flushing that for longer than a week and those ripeners/finishers are a waste of £

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sinbud said:

Id have to agree... less is and will equal to more in most cases. I would def cut back on the N. I personally wouldnt smoke that knowing what you fed. Do yourself a favour and break away from the feed schedules and learn to read your plants. Will save you a few quid and improve your yield and quality of product

But as you can see the dosages was raised consider on what the plant was eating, If the plants is eating more than I am feeding(EC drops), I will raise the dosage to keep the EC stable, the only part I followed the feed schedules was the max feeding wich when I reached (even thought the EC was dropping slighty ) I never gone above it.

As far about smoke it , there is a 5-10days period of lowering the nutrients and then 1week with final flash and 3 days of only RO water to clean the stems and leaves from left over nutrients, I do also trim it good from allmost all leaf-material (where all nutrients stored anyway, that and the stems, not in the buds) not a single trace of bitter taste left that way :)

8 minutes ago, Sinbud said:

And nute companies will tell you their shit will give your balls a massage followed by a happy ending while they tickle your arse if it means you continue giving them your $ !!  use your own mind and judgement. If you have already asked them about the overfed look so you obviously see theres an issue. Act on it .  Believe in your gut instinct ... what makes a good/successful grower imo. 

I would def be flushing that for longer than a week and those ripeners/finishers are a waste of £

if you feed RO watter in DWC for more than a week the plant will look terrible at the end... in soil yes prob 2 weeks would be better.

Never tried that final/finish products before and I thought of giving it a try to see if anything change, I ll let you know in a week or so after some curing is done.

Edited by BaMbA2

Over the past 20 years iv tried most styles of growing. I get what youre saying with feeding to the needs of the plants but here lays the problem. Your plant maybe uptaking one or two more elememts quicker than the others. Yet you feed all elements at that strength so there ends up being abundance of the lesser needed element in your feed solution and you could sacrifice yield through lockout. I have personaly experienced this in the early 2000's with DwC (along with all the other problems associated with this method and why i fucked it off) There is definitely too much N in your feed during the last few weeks of flower. And no i disagree. A 2 week flush in hydro Gives the plant time to utilise the nutes and sugars it has built up over the weeks. Gives a much better final product. 

I would still say read your plants by how they look. They maybe taking up lots of feed at a lower ec but do they look as if theyre suffering for it ? If not i would be inclined to keep that ec low and only boost it with PK during the vital weeks needed. I would def say that you could improve yied and end product and I would even go as far to make a wager with you.

Sorry to ramp on with what could be deemed as negativity but i value my lungs, overall health and that of my fellow man and woman (cant help it and why i work in NHS) and would urge anyone else too before it is too late. 

To put a positive spin on it , i must say that i was impressed with your layout and detailed write up ! Very good ! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sinbud said:

Over the past 20 years iv tried most styles of growing. I get what youre saying with feeding to the needs of the plants but here lays the problem. Your plant maybe uptaking one or two more elememts quicker than the others. Yet you feed all elements at that strength so there ends up being abundance of the lesser needed element in your feed solution and you could sacrifice yield through lockout. I have personaly experienced this in the early 2000's with DwC (along with all the other problems associated with this method and why i fucked it off) There is definitely too much N in your feed during the last few weeks of flower. And no i disagree. A 2 week flush in hydro Gives the plant time to utilise the nutes and sugars it has built up over the weeks. Gives a much better final product. 

I would still say read your plants by how they look. They maybe taking up lots of feed at a lower ec but do they look as if theyre suffering for it ? If not i would be inclined to keep that ec low and only boost it with PK during the vital weeks needed. I would def say that you could improve yied and end product and I would even go as far to make a wager with you.

Sorry to ramp on with what could be deemed as negativity but i value my lungs, overall health and that of my fellow man and woman (cant help it and why i work in NHS) and would urge anyone else too before it is too late. 

To put a positive spin on it , i must say that i was impressed with your layout and detailed write up ! Very good ! 

Let’s say we are on the same page here,

the crème for example:

day 30 till 45 the EC went from 1500 up to 2300 (where it showed the first sign of overfeeding but stable EC over the day) so I went down at 2000+- and everything was ok.

day 45-60 I fed the Guatanalog(I think) that is bio and skyrocket the EC at 2600 for the 7 days I used it but still no new signs of overfeeding. (bio products tent to skyrocket the EC) and then back at 2000 for the rest of the days.

After that I started preparing for harvest where EC was cut down at 1500(50ml AB) again and topping with water only to end with EC=600

I swapped out the mix with RO water + Final flash for 5 days and 3 more days plain RO water before chop her down.

So there was 3 weeks in preparation for harvest that EC slowly dropped down to seedlings level and then 8 days with RO water.

Now then, what wager we talk about?  :D:D gouh gouh

PS: I accept the negative and the positive comments likewise. Been able to hear the negative and find way to improve is what I love to do and always gives me that little brain orgasms with achieving it...

Edited by BaMbA2

• 2 weeks later...

GROW-HARVEST-DRY-SMOKE and repeat to have more!!!

large.5923ef231ab82_final3(1).JPG

DRY WEIGHTS AND SMOKE REPORT.

I had really good time writing and growing for that diary so first all I want to thank sweet seeds for the Competition and the opportunity they offer to us growers.

The Jack 47 took more days than I hopped for,  I just managed to dry it and try a sample, so spare me for the late update.

I don’t want you to get sleepy in frond of your monitors so lets see the final show…

Auto Devil Crème: Seed to harvest 80 days…

large.5923ef5372dd5_final3(3).JPG

One amazing plant to taste, smell, grow, SCROG and for a goodnight sleep..

The citrus taste is there to stay been vape, bong or joint… starting with a Crème smoke after effect inside the mouth getting you chill and refreshed by the time you hit the 3rd puff and mellow you down to a deep refreshing sleep… Great late night movie companion, just make sure to keep the pop corn next to you… going up to pick them or god help, make them, will be hard to.

Autoflower Jack 47: seed to harvest 91 days…

large.5923ef7ee240c_final3(2).JPG

large.5923ef55c7651_final3(4).JPG

One of my most loved plant I smoked or harvest and pretty Much I allways want it in my backpack when going outside to have some good time, been swimming, skiing  or drinking… ;)

Keep you focused and feeling good the whole day, with near no dry eyes or mouth, you can feel your eyes turn wide open after the first hits.

Strong aroma that leaves none uninterested and earthy-papperish after taste. Start abit cirtsu as it grows but turns to a heavy wooden aroma.

One of that strains that who ever tasted, asked for more…

Thanks everyone for your time to watch and your staying here… best of luck to all of you.

large.5923ef6649dd4_final3(6).JPG

ps: the drying took some extra time to have a proper final weight, you cant dodge the rain ;)

Edited by BaMbA2
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, botanics said:

Well done @BaMbA2 brought them home and plenty to get yourself through :v:

And luckily with the use of the grasshopper vape is enought for a year or so... :D
thanks alot for the support mate :)

• Like 1

fantastic finish and some beautiful looking buds on them babies ..best of luck

• Like 1