JAPE

I've never ph'd my water in 2 years and had no problems. Couple months ago tho just out of sheer curiosity I bought a ph meter to see what I was working with and my tap water came out at 7.2 but once I added canna coco a&b it dropped to 6.02 so bang on really. Only thing I do is fill my buckets with water the night before I feed and leave them to sit 24hrs so the chlorine evaporates then add the a&b 2-3 hrs before I actually feed.

• Like 1

Somethings been nagging at the back of my mind why are my temps so high, so went to check my filter see everything was connected ok, look at the back of the ducting were is attached to the fan and low and behold big massive rip in it!!! :wallbash:so basically I've been blowing all the hot air back into my grow room and god knows for how long! Quick fix with some duct tape and the temps flew down...could of been a major disaster.

There looking good dude, how many hours lights off they having? I found the canoeing wasn't as bad with a bit more of a dark spell to bring some humidity in and temps down.

Day 38

Temps 25 on 20 off 20/4

Nutes 3ml a&b 2ml of big bud 3 litres every day.

Plants seem to be flowering now and hopefully the stretch as stopped, I've went with bid bud for flower cos it's all the had in the grow shop. Mazar on right ultimate on left, looks like the mazar are flowering a lot quicker which is gunna be a pain in the arse when drying it all but I'll worry about that later.

large.IMG_20170221_12999.jpglarge.IMG_20170221_29180.jpglarge.IMG_20170221_39727.jpg

• Like 2

Few concerns about this auto, there all on day 40 and this auto ultimate and another doesn't seem to be flowering like all the rest? She's gunna be a beast but she's miles behind the others, any thoughts??large.IMG_20170223_0310.jpglarge.IMG_20170223_10897.jpg

No flower tops!

• Like 1

@styer556 cheers bud! Just been reading that some people have had autos that haven't gone into flower so gunna give it another week if it doesn't shape up I'm gunna have to get rid.

• Like 1

Jape mate, nice to see a small room set up, with 2.3m height ;). as i was reading through from start, did start to wonder, how the 31c plus was occurring !. good job the tare was "Inside Space" !

10 inch rhino 1180m3.hr extraction;) thermo or straight fan, inside space, and carbon filter 10'x60cm long ? guessing as you havent yet mentioned filter size etc. Jape mate, was just a little concerned that a 60cm long carbon filter, a little small for that speed of air flow ? 1st thought is aroma by passing filter that size air flow at that speed bro.

I take it the carbon filter is ducted through ceiling 13' hole into "Loft" space above? above small bedroom 1st floor ? coupling with acoustic 10' aluminum rockwall flexi duct ? i would recommend the 1.2m long carbon filter, with a 900mm 10' silencer, after the fan, but before the carbon filter in loft. So the air noise 1180m3/hr. cant be heard in loft with"Thin White Plastic Duct"?.....

Little wonder the fan 1180m3/hr dropped room temp from 31c + to 25c or less. have you checked loft for signs of aroma in loft ??......... with a carbon filter that size, with that amount of push and flow. Aroma by-pass is a matter of time, as you have 20 dames in flower at mo ??

Another way is to put 4no 60cm carbon filters on 2no "Y" piece duct spliter's. These connected to a final "Y" piece, onto your room exit duct in loft space. Splitting the 1180m3/hr pressure 4 ways. So "295" m3/hr to each 60cm carbon filter. The loft space is receiving a lot of thermal heat output from the 4no 600w HPS. Via the "1no" filter at mo. By chance would you have an un-used internal brick chimney in the loft japes bro ?............ box in the carbon filter, then duct box into chimney flue to get hot air outa loft japes mate ?

just thinking, at 2000 foot looking through a thermal imagery, loft would look like Swedish sauna ??.... heat ducted out of loft, cool loft at outdoor ambient, no red hot loft at 28c. just a hot air plume from chimney as normal fire place use below ??.... 180m3/hr fan pumping cold outside air into loft, keeping down thermal view ?? same temp in loft as outside ?? insulate room ceiling, and room single window ? (No hot window syndrome) with 100mm celotex foil backed ?(smuggled indoors, in 2ft ? 1ft ? square sections?) keep therms in grow room and in chimney ? you got chimney in room ? low thermal image trace accomplished ??......... turn off central heating rad in room to assist low thermal footprint ?

Just airing some long term safety thoughts from experience japes ok.......... there are no 2nd chances at it japes mate. But that 60cm carbon defo aint enough to cope with 1180m3/hr unrestricted flow from that large rhino extractor. Can vouch for that japes mate ok. 4no 600w HPS in height of summer ? RH rise above 65% ?.......... defo filter aroma bye-pass at that stage, carbon sink begins to fill up 2nd grow on same filter ??.......... soffit vents ? will be bleeding aroma along roof line ?? along adjacent open neighbors windows ??

Automaster.............. just have seen it before japes, better now than later.  100% secure advice is all im putting up here ok.....match the physics correctly, and no worries. Nice work on them auto Dames japes. there looking fine mate, and a nice amount of em to ;). just could not bare to see that input to go west, at all. Address the above issues, 100% piece of mind also achieved, as i said no 2nd chances, live in a big urban area ??......... the boys are out and about again at the mo....... sort of an aerial purge, looking for the obvious ??........ deny them the loft thermal footprint, and your home dry japes mate, why risk it, for a few bucks of kit, and a few hours graft adapting system, compared to you current spend !!  Nice plants man..... let keep it that way, if possible...........thoughts and criticism pos/neg welcome ;) Automaster

Edited by AutoMaster
  • Like 2

@JAPE

great diary mate.. enjoyed reading it through.. I gave no auto experience so I'll be along for the rest of the ride mate.. good luck

• Like 1