Inspirations Offering - Jack47(fv), Sweet Cheese(fv), Sweet Skunk(fv)

Inspiration101

Welcome to my humble offering for the Sweet Seeds 2017 Diary Competition.

Firstly, many thanks to Sweet Seeds for the free seeds, quite some deal - I send you no money and you send me three packs of seeds - I feel like I have already won before I started ! ;)

Here is a quick run down on the plan : Germinate the seeds in a 40x40x160 tent with a 125w Blue CFL using the good old fashioned standard - Wet tissue paper laced with 2ml per litre of Rhiztonic. Pop them into some Root Riot cubes and allow them to rise and root up.  Once rooted their first pot will be a 0.7l square filled with Clover soil.  Once they outgrow the small tent I shall transplant them into their final pots, 11 litre square's, once again using Clover soil but also with some additional organic bat guano - 1 litre mixed in with 80 litres of soil.  Once in their final pots they will complete the journey in the big tent - 70x170x180 with 2 air cooled hoods holding 600w bulbs.  I am using dimmable ballasts so can range from 400-1000w each if needed.  Blue MH bulbs will go in to begin with then when flowering I can switch to the Red bulbs.

Feeding will be kept simple, Rhizotonic all the way through until a few weeks before the end, Canna Start possibly whilst starting to veg out, Biobizz Fishmix once in full veg and in final pots, and finally Biozbizz Grow & Biobizz Bloom as appropriate.  I live in a hard water area so doubt I will suffer from cal mag issues, but just in case, I do have a fresh bottle of Canna Trace Mix, so if there appears to be any kind of deficiency showing I will give them a few doses of this.

Seed selection was difficult.  Ideally I need a warehouse to fulfill my dreams, with a tent of every breed possible, but I had to settle on three.  It was tough !

Jack47 (fast version) - I always kept looking this one up but its one of the more expensive ones - And I'm a tight arse ;)

Sweet Cheese (fast version) - I have done Sweet Cheese Auto a few times and even got a few hundred of my own seeds crossed with a SuperSkunk Auto male.  My current favourite flavour.

Sweet Skunk (fast version) - I couldn't resist, I am hoping to find a really deep skunky pheno, fingers crossed !  

I will take clones, I would like to have a few mother plants.

There are plans for a shed, in March I hope, if this happens then there will be a midnight move down to the end of the garden into a grow area twice the size of the tent.  We will see !

They say a picture paints a thousand words.  I agree.  With this in mind I shall be setting up my DSLR camera on a little tripod with a timer so I can create a time lapse video to share with you all.  I did a first attempt a while back which was pretty cool, I shall add it below.  The plant in the video is now 82 days old and close to cropping, a Killer Kush Auto :)

Last night I put all seeds into their tissue paper and covered them with a plant pot, it was nice and warm in the small tent with the 125w cfl powered up.  Most of the seeds have cracked open and are showing their tap root, here a few pictures to get this diary started.  

Jack47 after 24h with a heavy watering of 2ml/litre Rhizotonic

large.5886608792d9d_Jack4724h.JPG.a74483

Sweet Cheese

large.58866099d5d71_SweetCheese24h.JPG.1

Sweet Skunk

large.588660a31a448_SweetSkunk24h.JPG.b8

All seeds were put in to Root Riots

large.58866090c8ba1_Seedstartingmedium.J

And then heavily watered with the 2ml/litre Rhizotonic and put under the plastic hood of a propagator

large.5886607d691f6_Allin.JPG.424c01d54a

Happy smokes everyone !

Edited by Inspiration101
  • Like 6

The two Killer Kush Auto that are nearing the end, here they were at the start in my first attempt at a time lapse video.

• Like 8

Hey Bro, welcome to the competition. Good to see another of my favourite growers in the comp ;) hope you have lots of fun and sweet smokes at the end :)then I see a video 2nd post (you bastard) lol All the best

• Like 3

Not tried the others but the Jack47 was a beaut as i remember, Induced quite a lot of slobbering whilst glued to the sofa lol

Nice start, All the best for a good'un :yep:

peace

Yh nice start mate.. Always wanted a little bash at the Sweet Cheese. Have never done anything Cheesy from Sweet Seeds so would be interesting to know how they smoke.

Best of luck onwards mate. Hoping for some big smelly buds.

Edited by GreenVision
  • Like 4

Thanks for the kind words everyone, fingers crossed for a good finish.

On with the update....

7 of 9 looks good.  I'm talking seedlings, not the drop dead gorgeous Jeri Ryan from Star Trek : Voyager 

One of the Sweet Cheese refuses to rise up.  I think this is due to being in the back left corner where there was an uneven placement of the propagator so that end was exposed and dried out faster than anywhere else.

All of the Sweet Skunks have risen but one appears to just be a stalk with no Cotyledon.  I shall post a picture of this tomorrow.

As I was hoping to have 8 in the main tent then a 9th in the smaller tent a change of plan is in order. All 7 will go into the main tent, I shall use the small tent for the cuttings taken later on. 

I will setup the camera in the main tent and do a time lapse of the whole grow.

Talking of time lapse - I have had mixed success with it.  This past week I set it all up to take a picture every 7m28s, so I have a 1 minute video of the past weeks growth.  Unfortunately the propagator got steamed up with all the humidity and so half the video will show just water drips, it's all a learning experience ! 

Tomorrow the seedlings will be potted up into their 0.7l square pots, given a little sleep of 4-6h, then back to 24h light under the 125w blue CFL.  I will post a photo or two tomorrow evening.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, fingers crossed for a good finish.

Edited by Inspiration101
embedding video
  • Like 10

8 hours ago, thekingofobsolete said:

Hello brother IMHO I'd remove the dome and plant them seedlings asap,you are chancing sudden death over night by them damping off, a seedling once out of its shell really needs fresh dryer air  only my opinion but I'd pot them up asap :)

Thanks for the advice and concern.  Yep, I agree to some extent - I have cooked way too many seedlings in the past by not using a propagator for the first 7-10 days as they don't have the root system to transpire and keep themselves hydrated.  Its a balancing act as we don't want them rotting from excessive moisture, but also not drying out from lack of it either !

I had to go away for 54h (I timed it haha) to attend a funeral on the other side of the country and they would definitely have dried out so on went the hood - But it has an adjustable opening at the top, it was open by 5mm at it widest point so there could be some escape of excess moisture and allow for a little air movement.

With the hood off, and the 125 CFL on, they need some moisture every 12-18h.  I am currently using a mist sprayer to give them a very good damping off each time they are checked. The hood really works well for me.

Potting up for the seedlings will happen in a few hours also, all on schedule :)

• Like 5

Funny how we all do things differently but still get good results, I've had seedlings damping off, its a nightmare when it happens, I've even had seedlings propped up with wire frames and they still done it. now I get the lid off soon as they show, no more damping off, I also stopped using root riots, they do dry out fast and I get why you keep the lid on ;) jiffy pots mate, amazing wee things :) all the best

• Like 3

Aye, it nice of sweet seeds to keep giving people seeds :). Nice to see you enter , good luck , Just watch out for any Mops, goats or elephants, once they get hold they are big pests..  :oldtoker:

What is all this mop n goat business anyway ? I must be old and out of touch.

The baby seedlings are now all potted up and in place until they outgrow the small tent.

The stick of a Sweet Skunk that rose but has no Coytledons turns out they are all blackened and dead, see below :

large.588e00402c10d_SweetSkunknotgood.JPGlarge.588e003d4507b_SweetSkunknotgood2.JPG

I have potted it up anyway and will give it a week to see if a miracle occurs !

One of the Sweet Cheese has still not risen up, I have also potted this up just in case.

As I have a sweet tooth, and am most likely going to be 2 seedlings down - I have just started a Sweet Trainwreck Auto.  Another flavour to add to the fun :)

Here is the final layout in the small seedling tent, all in their original places.  The new Sweet Trainwreck Auto is in the pot resting on top of the no show Sweet Cheese - Shall check this daily for any signs of life.

large.588e003b38088_SweetSeedspottedup.JPG

By the time these seedlings are ready to go into the big tent my current grow should be complete.  The first video I posted in this thread - Killer Kush Auto Test - Well they are nearly finished, probably next weekend I will give them the chop. 

Here are a few photos of the Killer Kush Auto, currently 90 days old : 

large.588e0028525b5_KillerKushAuto.JPGlarge.588e000c6b5eb_KillerKushAuto7.JPGlarge.588dffeb68c34_KillerKushAuto3.JPGlarge.588dfff4a9aac_KillerKushAuto4.JPGlarge.588dfff9bade3_KillerKushAuto5.jpglarge.588e00032dba4_KillerKushAuto6.JPG

And here they are inside the tent with 4 clones of another breed.  Front left and front right are the two Killer Kush Auto : 

large.588e001e96856_KillerKushAutoinlargetent.JPGlarge.588e00155884a_KillerKushAutoinlargetent2.JPG

large.588e0031a44ee_Largetentinprogress.JPG

Most likely, next update will be in a weeks time, a timelapse video of the little ones and their ongoing progress.

Until then, happy smokes and safe projects peeps :)

• Like 7

@Inspiration101 saw that time lapse video posted originally and was impressed mate and now look at her! What a beauty she has turned into and laden with frostiness :)

And now you are back with another well played that man! Great effort dude and I hope you do well from the comp :oldtoker:

• Like 3