Butch:

It's Zed's.

Fabienne:

Who's Zed?

Butch:

Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead.

Pulp Fiction

• Like 4

Cheers GV an UK420 ..... Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving , revolving at 900 miles per hour , that's orbiting at 90 miles per second , so it's reckoned , a sun that is the source of all our power etc etc

• Like 3

"But Dylan Thomas didn't do as much fucking Cocaine as you, did he?"

From Twin Town.

Thanks for the competition @@GreenVision, and happy birthday UK420!

Edited by Captain Bonglington
  • Like 3

And the third one. From Mike Leigh's brilliant Naked. Hard to pick one, cos Johnny (a magnificent, venomous performance by David Thewlis as a deeply unpleasant but thoroughly compelling character that should have won the best actor oscar that year but wasn't even nominated) has some superb rants, particularly this one (factually incorrect about barcodes, and Chernobyl isn't Russian for wormwood, but still a superb bit of ranting, and I'm partial to the art of the rant lol ). As an aside, as with all of Leigh's work, much of the dialogue was improvised by the actors during rehearsal:

I think my favourite bit is

"You see, the thing is, Brian, that God is a hateful god. Must be, because if God is good, then why is there evil in the world? Why is there pain and hate and greed and war? Doesn't make sense. But if God is a nasty bastard, then you can say, "Why is there good in the world? Why is there love and hope and joy?" Well, let's face it. Good exists in order to be fucked up by evil. The very existence of good enables evil to flourish. Therefore, God is bad. And it doesn't matter how many past or future existences you have, because they're all gonna be riddled with grief and anguish and sickness and death. You see, Brian, God doesn't love you. God despises you. So there's no hope, and mankind is just a component of the device by which the devil creates itself. Are you with me? You see, what I'm saying, basically, is... you can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs. And humanity is just a cracked egg. And the omelette stinks."

Edited to correct the spelling of omelette - it's not fucking omelet, bloody American movie quote sites lol

Superb film, one of my favourites. Dark and depressing, and Johnny is a total cunt. But Thewlis' performance is simply outstanding :notworthy:

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

Here's to the next 16 years, congratulations.

Don't think, feel. It's like a finger pointing at the moon. Do not concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of the heavenly glory.

• Like 1

happy birthday uk420 , thanks gv and joolz

" No, I didn't take him to the bloody hospital. Now tell me this, right? Why would I shoot a bloke - BANG - and then put him in the bloody car and whiz him off to the hospital at a hundred miles an hour? It defeats the purpose of having shot him in the first place. What's more, it's bloody insulting, it's bloody insulting. I mean, am I the only bloody standover man in the country who provides a medical plan for some of these characters? "

• Like 1

"No more drugs for that man"

Face/off

Happy birthday uk42 I hope I'm here for them all :)

Great comp once again greenvision

b.b

• Like 1