The Night Garden welcomes Cream Mandarin FV, Green Poison FV & Ice

botanics

On 09/04/2017 at 4:53 PM, Breezus said:

That's a cool report bro , I'm still searching for something that takes me away mentally . My tolerance is such I'm not sure I'll find it but , yeah, flavour leads to empty jars quick lol enjoy every toke :smokin:

Well the search is fun mate for sure, but the old weed tolerance is a pain in the arse aye, perhaps we need to start thinking about going out into the great outdoors (if I there's any spaces left out there like lol ) Thanks man :yep:

On 09/04/2017 at 5:06 PM, bobnudd said:

Nice smoke report mate. I've been very happy with the CM Auto i grew. Same as on the effect too mate, nice and up. Looking forward to the Ice Cool now... :)

Bob hold on tight mate, the Ice Cool's coming next, I've got to get it done see before I run out lol

On 09/04/2017 at 5:25 PM, Fragg said:

Hehe great phrase mate lol Another original smoke report dude and I hope the Cream Caramel is similar as I'm growing it out atm :oldtoker:

Oh you know me and words bud, I'm a fucker for them, love words I do, the ones you don't hear so much, not the boring everyday ones like ;) The CC is on the 'to do' list for me too so I'm glad I can watch you run it first :D sharp eye out on that one mate :yep:

12 hours ago, Arthur Mix said:

They look tasty , nice smoke report ..:oldtoker:

Thanks Arthur, yeah they were all pretty frosty and have settled well in the jar, I just wish I wasn't such a fiend with it all :v:

Edited by botanics
typos
  • Like 2

Update - Post Harvest Smoke Report - Ice Cool

Evening all, well time for the third and final smoke report then to wrap up the diary for this compo run.

Some tunes then and for this session, some Floyd (I love Floyd) and probably my fave album of theirs, although I dunno, I love most of their stuff lol

Truth of it is, I've got to get this one done tonight because it's the Ice Cool that I've battered the most since the harvest and this is my last nug :crybaby: 

large.58ebffd114d18_SweetSeedsCompo-IceCool(smokereportsample)001.jpg

Some of that above went into the grinder and ended up going into this (purists avert your eyes and my apologies)

large.58ebffde7c902_SweetSeedsCompo-IceCoolSmokeUp003.jpg

Aromas

Right well, give it a few twists and it ground up lovely, straight away upon opening the grinder up, you're smashed with a chemical/fuel hit on the nose and it's deep too, aye this gear carries and if out the jar at all for any little time or if a flake of bud gets caught in the clothing, you reek of it and it's almost like a vapour cloud going in a 360 directon, imagine pepe le pew (the old cartoon) :yes:  not one to be out of the jar long :ninja:

It's delicious, really is hence why this is the last of it lol I can't get enough of smelling this Ice Cool, this aroma has carried through all the way through the bloom, the dry, the jar and I know it'll carry through in the flavour too.

Flavours

I just sparked it up and instant greasy/oily and fuelly flavours in the smoke, pure Diesel, but there's something else in there too and when that oily and greasy fuel flavour hits, I think Granny Smith so knowing what I know about Granny Smith apples and their high natural bio diesel on the skin, it's apples but very subtle. 

The flavour is fresh and lively and also as equally delicious as the aroma, sometimes this Ice Cool will also leave little tingle on the tongue, almost menthol but not quite, elements of tea tree though.

The Effects

Ok so, by the time I'm writing this now, I've done in between a quarter and a third of the spliff, I've got a relaxation coming on, the body has settled and so has the mind (earlier on I was a bit pissed off and the adrenaline was up I know as I get the shakes, nausea etc with the rush of it, cortozol too with the stress) but now all is ok once more so that's very telling about this Ice Cool and it's potency ;)

Aye, I'm back to that special 'balance' you get when you toke a decent bit of weed, not up, not down, in the now and where the mind and body should be, there's no reminiscing in the mind just yet, but I know this will come as I have tended to drift with this strain a little more, so that'll be for later :naughty: 

So that's my Sweet Seeds diary done then I suppose, gonna miss this one tbh, it's been emotional and a learning curve for me, good for the mind and good for the focus of it too and where that should be. I had a wobbly (Winter does get me a bit) but pulled it back around in the end for a decent enough finish, not going to win me prizes but a half decent job in the end, next time I'lltry and up it a bit :yep: 

Gonna take this last opportunity to also thank once again both Tommy and Jaypp for their support throughout, the compliments and assistance throughout the journey etc, thanks lads :yinyang:

That gratitude goes the same for Sweet Seeds themselves also, for putting up the beans, sending them my way and giving me that opportunity to run them in a chance for what is to be fair, outstanding prizes to a competition on every level :yes: many, many thanks guys, it's been a pleasure to grow and enjoy the hard work your team puts in to these strains and looking forward to trying more of what you guys are cooking :yinyang:

I'd also of course like to thank all of you guys, the followers and contributors to the diary, because it's no good if it's just a one man show and all of you guys made this diary, not me :yep: I just recorded the information and thank you all very much indeed for all the support throughout :hug:     :hippy:

(I've got to do a hash run when some mesh arrives and I've built the screens, it'll be of all three together, 150 Micron and 73 micron, so watch this space, could well be a prologue ;) with some naughty extract pics)

Thanks for watching :yep:

• Like 18

@botanics a cracking smoke report from you once again, you made it sound so good I'd love one now and it's 9am and time for work lol

Glad you got the report done before you smoked it all, geez u and your ganja guzzling :skin_up:

The fact that this diary is an up and down journey makes it all the more interesting and I'd actually have to say one of your better ones as a result ;) Everything going well can be dull :) 

Great diary :yep:

• Like 5

been a pleasure following your entry this year .,awesome smoke report and i get what your saying about the granny smith underlying tone ..it is there your right ..best of luck with the overall comp chap .

• Like 5

@botanics Thanks so much for sharing your skills, knowledge, techniques and most of all your LOVE for growing!! Ive been rendered speechless at your brill result!! I love your way of writing your diary too, it's easy going and friendly, funny but respectful, as you lend an ear to all, you advise not lecture, if peeps need help or they've made a dreadful mistake need help!!

I want to wish you extra good luck with this comp entry Botanics!!

Amazing my friend.

ATB and Happy Easter to you and yours

MMG

• Like 1

Ah guys, you're too kind mun, just do my thang and write what I think and feel that's all, go on a bit too sometimes but well there's no point in being hatefull all the time (got way too much hate in me and slowly but surely ebbing it all away with some serious cognitive efforts ;) )  Peace is all I seek and as much 'balance' as I can find :yinyang: 

Thank you all very much for these positive comments, they really do mean a hell of a lot ;)  now I've got to do me some sifting :naughty: mesh came, screens knocked up and ready to go :band:

If they do the job tidy, there'll be photos, of it's full of shake and dust then there won't lol

• Like 3

Epilogue

Evening all, hope everybody's chillin and tucking into their stash :stoned:

Well earlier on I had a go with these new screens I knocked up yesterday to sift the trim I've got here, the following sift came from a kenco jar's worth of sugar leaf trim from all the three strains grown in this diary.

It's a bit contaminated but for a first go at sifting for ten years I don;t think I've done too bad with it, a decent photo would of helped lol  but I've just had a spliff off some other trim I had here and I'm in a good place :D

large.58f14092d8f63_BKCBDIPCBDCMFVGPFVIC0-7373-150micronsift006.jpg

I've also got another amount the same here also of other trim I'd had stored from the last grow before this too so happy days.

• Like 7

Awesome diary from start to finish bud, really enjoyed the smoke reports, and the hash in that last pic, yumma! :skin_up:

• Like 3

Great smoke reports and lovely looking hash at the end there mate.

Been a cracking read your diary with fantastic plants know display.:yep:

• Like 3

@Arthur Mix  @Openairbud

I'll get a photo up tomorrow gentlemen because I've got to go to a do later :(  but simple enough, I just bought stainless steel mesh from the web (only small though for this experiment and A4 size), knocked up a frame with some old batten I'd stripped out from somewhere and stapled the mesh to that then (I need to finish them off with some caullking between mesh and frame and some paint like but they did fine for small amount such as that above)

I had a spliff last night of some BK and IP CBD (73 - 150 Micron) after a J off street weed and I was wasted proper lads, arseholed I was and knock out drops like :stoned: Yeah they worked lol    

• Like 3

@Arthur Mix @Openairbud

I just took a couple of photos of the screens for you lads :yep:

large.58f1f5f511705_A4SiftScreens-150Micronand73MicronStacked001.jpglarge.58f1f6022facf_A4SiftScreens-150Micronand73MicronStacked002.jpg

If you're going to make some, try not too stretch the mesh outtoo much or it opens up the mesh size (I've got slight distortions but not too bad and did well enough like )

• Like 9

Lovely to see those piles mate I've been watching lots of Bubbleman videos of late and fancy doing dry sift and carding to try and make some full melt hash. :bong:  Thanks for the additional inspiration! :) 

• Like 3