The Night Garden welcomes Cream Mandarin FV, Green Poison FV & Ice

botanics

In the night garden...

Welcome to the night garden my fellow tokers of this most wonderfull herb and first off before any ado, the acknowledgments and my gratitude extends to Sweet Seeds for not only running this fantastically awsome compo :toot: but for putting up the beans for us peeps to run in it too! A given it is also that my thanks are also reach out to Sweet Seeds Tommy and Jaypp for their input to these boards, setting up this competition and their work and efforts in assisting peeps get the most from their Sweet Seeds plants :notworthy:

Some folks may have followed my diaries before and some will be new, but first up I like to keep a tidy affair around the place (so wipe your feet when you come in), it's an open house and all are welcome but I ask that folks move up and let peeps share the bean bags if it gets busy (hope so lol ) and I'm sorry the jars are a bit non existent at the moment, however they will be getting topped up soon :naughty:...in the meantime there's water in the kettle, biscuits in the tins and you're welcome to help yourselves, good to have you in here :yep:

The Plan & Equipment

Well the plan is as always with my grows, (it goes outta window, when things change lol )

1) 0.5 L Starter Pots - Start life under CFL (4500K 75W) for the first 14 days in my little starter cloner box.

2) Pot up into 2 L and place in the new vegging cabinet (to be constructed) under my CFL reflector I DIY'd with total 200W mixed spectrum CFL's (4500K & 2700K), and veg until phase 3

3) Pot up into 5 L pots and veg out for a further 14 days, introduce training etc (this all depends oin the structure of the plants and I will determine when the time comes as to what methods etc)

4) Transfer to the bloom cab and put under 250W Metal Halide (Sunmaster Cool Deluxe) for 21 days and stretch period.

5) After 21 days, switch the lamp over to Sodium (Sylvania Grolux) and run at 400W

6) 10 days before the harvest switch back to the halide to up the trichomes' psychoactivity.

In the beginning

So today is pre germination day and earlier on I filled the 0.5L starters with Westland MP compost, settled it in with a liquid seaweed solution at 2ml/L, used my dibber for the holes, place some RHS Rootgrow Miccos in the holes, placed the seed in said holes, covered them up and put them all into the propagtor with the lid on and put under a CFL in my starter box to keep them warm in order to germinate.

Initially I had thought about running two diaries in order to run all 9 beans (the night garden is only capable of running 6 in my 5 L finals) however I've decided that it's best to keep all three in the one diary so I'll only be running 2 of each in here, I know this will hinder my chances of winning prizes but well I think it's better all done in the one diary as it keeps it all tigether and tidy :yep:

Today's photo show then and not much, just the beans and packaging and the newly planted starters.

med_gallery_13604_13953_89771.jpg

med_gallery_13604_13953_339556.jpg

And so that's it for today folks, when the beans are up, I'll update accordingly and thanks for watching :v:

Edited by botanics
  • Like 31

nice n tidy start @botanics :) least someone has a plan from start to finish lol i`ll pull a chair for this one ,if you dont mind sir?

all the best for the rest of the grow mate, not that your gonna need it!

coys :smokin:

• Like 3

@@coys

All are welcome mate, make yourself comfy :) Don't know about the plan though...usually things start out with the best of intentions but well, staring beans is not one of my best attributes to be honest, I'm much more comfortable when they've gotten some roots down and a bit of a canopy lol

@@Tenchie

Always good to see you abou the place Tench cheers mate :yep:

@@Kiminal

I just been in your diary mate and you're doing well ok, welcome to the show :)

@@Salty

Cheers Salty mate, aye you're not behind with your knowledge of great growing, reckon you'll keep up just fine ;)

@@Exile420

Welcome mate, bloody good question too, trust me to forget to put it all up in the info post :doh:lol

Right well, some knows I'm a tight git (I've had to be though this year) and I have these nutes I picked up when I started back growing again last year, they are from wilcos mate and for grow I use Liquid Growmore (NPK 7/7/7) which comes will all the micro and macro nutes but is hot so mustn't be too giving with it like.

For bloom I use tom food, with added Mg and liquid seaweed (NPK 5/6/10), I'll also put some rockdust in on the pot up plus more miccos and part of my regime is to also use liquid seaweed periodically and epsom salts also when required :yep:

Some may laugh at those nutes however, (without the rockdust) they have been what I've used for all my grows and subsequent diarees and not done too bad with them I reckon and gotten used to them a bit more.

e2a

Oh, I'll also be making up some more of my DIY rootjuice I've been using this last couple of grows which is made up of Cinnamon and Pure Extract Honey :yep:

Edited by botanics
  • Like 12

@@botanics

thank you for leaving the door open and it's fine about the empty jars but how are your supplies of tea and biscuits?

It's my first time running in a comp like this and definitely on a site like this.When I was growing for money years ago I used to take the puss out of my mate for being an "on the net" geek but he proved me wrong and here we are getting ready to battle it out.

Good luck Botanics may your jars be filled with Sweet Seeds finest.

• Like 6

best of luck botanics, always a pleasure to watch you do your thing ;)

i'll be lurking in the corner, my jars are full and open as long as someone is sticking the kettle on lol

• Like 3

@@Badbadger

Plenty of tea & biscuits here dude, we loves our teas mind, nothing ordinary, Earl Gray and Chai....might even be some of that fancy Green Tea about the cupboards somewhere too :yes:

@@StonerCol

Good to have you in here my friend, fingers crossed for a decent start :fear:

@@vince noir rock n roll star

Trenchcoat and Trillby on the stand in the hallway Vince if you get the urge to go running around the park bud :wassnnme:lol good to see you in here man :v:

@@Psycho Sid

Stick the kettle on! wtf is this? Afternoon tea at the Dorchester or something ? lol cheers bud, watch the kettle mind, got a dicky switch ;) good to see about the place :yep:

Thanks everybody for stopping by in here, always boring is the first few weeks until some action gets on but well, I suppose we could do some tunes and we should always remember the Ten Draw Commandments to keep us levelled lol

• Like 9

@@botanics Best of luck mate, some bloody good strains there. Sounds like you have things sorted.

Here's to a good start off. I will keep everything crossed for you.. :v:

PS: I took my shoes off... :lookaround:

GV.

Edited by GreenVision
  • Like 5