Rate your last watched Movie

MuffinMan

1 hour ago, Saddam said:

Apparently, Sony has bought the film and TV rights to Clue. There's absolutely no way they're going to top the 1985 film with Tim Curry and Christopher Lloyd so what's the fucking point?

And Jane Wiedlin from The Go-Go's as the singing telegram girl :wub:

Top film (that they fucked up on cinematic release by only showing one of the three endings :doh: )

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Boojum said:

the singing telegram girl :wub:

:no: Yvette the French maid. :yep:  

5 hours ago, Boojum said:

(that they fucked up on cinematic release by only showing one of the three endings :doh: )

I thought that was a really clever marketing ploy, cinemas would advertise which ending was being screened so folks had to visit 3 cinemas to see them all. lol  Buy the DVD if you want to see the three different endings.

Very underrated film imo.

21 minutes ago, Saddam said:

:no: Yvette the French maid. :yep:  

Nah, Colleen Camp wasn't my cup of tea, Jane Wiedlin all day for me, I've always had a thing for petite punky women.

• Like 1

I am your singing telegram..

Bang!

Still cracks me up. lol 

• Like 1

Aye :D

She was also Joan of Arc in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (I had a big crush on her back in the day lol ).

Shame Tim Curry's career tanked (after Legend I think, which I IMHO got unfairly panned by the critics, I enjoyed it), The Rocky Horror Picture Show is one of my all-time favourite movies, I think his emergence from the elevator into Sweet Transvestite is one of the greatest movie character entrances ever :D

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Boojum said:

She was also Joan of Arc in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (I had a big crush on her back in the day lol ).

And Star Trek IV. :D 

On 23/04/2024 at 15:10, handysmoker said:

Monkey Man

Not only is Dev Patel an incredibly talented actor, he's also shaping up to be a heavy hitter when it comes to writing, directing, and producing excellent content on a fairly modest budget. 

I also like the way he's used his clout to highlight Indian culture as well as other people's talent. 

For example; the scenes with the tabla player, Zakir Hussain :notworthy: I'd never heard of him before but oh my fucking days, that guy can play tabla so well it literally brought tears to my eyes.

I think any percussionist would be somewhat gobsmacked and maybe a little humbled upon hearing Mr Hussain play. :wub:  

• Like 1

Watched Oppenheimer last night, meh its okay.

:yinyang:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BilgePump said:

Oppenheimer

Definitely not Oscar worthy imo, kinda ruined with the unnecessary and somewhat jarring/jerky editing then there's Jason Clarke repeatedly saying 'nucular' like a fucking divvy cunt, pretty sure he did the same in that wank Terminator film too. :soap:  I would've told him to get the fuck off the set until he can pronounce simple words or found an actor who can say nuclear. 

Eisenhower, Deforest Kelly and Harrison Ford also said nucular. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Arcadian, end of the world shite with Nicolas Cage, just awful. lol 

15 minutes ago, Saddam said:

Arcadian, end of the world shite with Nicolas Cage, just awful. lol 

*yoink*

You couldn't have sold a concept harder. End of the world? Shite? IN!

Posted (edited)

I generally enjoy the genre but that effort was fucking dismal.

Edited to add - There was literally one good scene and that was the one with the fingernail, other than that I thought is was a wasted opportunity for what could've been quite an entertaining action film instead of a fucking teen drama. lol  

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Saddam :mellow: ...I should have just accepted your judgement.

...Having watched - it's just finished - that's one of the most underwhelming examples of the "Eveyone's dead (or nearly eveyone)" genre of  films I've seen in a while - and it's my favourite genre....I can't say in all my time, cos I'd forget equally mundane example and fast if I'd seen them.

Score: Fuckin meh.

I can't even see tweens being into that.

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

it's cage ffs lol

watched some of Knowing a few weeks ago (couldn't do it all as it was shit), he's still in shit films

watched Poor Things what a fucking weird but interesting film. 8/10

Edited by ratdog

You Can Call Me Bill.  William Shatner talks about his life and experiences, found myself choking up a bit to some very wise words from the guy I used to idolise then got angry at when I saw all the stupid shit he would post on Twatter.