315w CMH. They work fine and dandy.

lazi

I'm noticing my girls are looking a good week ahead (30 days in, atleast 50 left) and they are looking frostier too. Bulb runs much cooler than a traditional MH too. Whats the effiency rating of the 315w Philips ? the percentage ? cos my 400w GE one is 101% efficient according to the PDF, how is that even possible ? :unsure:

• Like 1

Guest UK Caregiver

It's easy to compare the 315w cmh with 600w or 1000w hps, but I think there are certain advantages to the cmh, over a 600w or 1000w hps. If you are just looking to do a small grow, in a small tent. I have used and flowered under the 4200k daylight lamp in a 75cm x 75cm x 1.6m bud box tent with the D pap about 12'' off the canopy. Fan was running almost silent. I had 4 auto's in there and killed it for the area. The ballast and lamp draws 340w total, 315w output. Perfect for a small area.

I have used it in an auto grow in 1m tent and did very well too.

A real comparison with 1000w hps would surely be 3 x 315w cmh's vs 1 x 1000w? A 1000w hps goes in a 1.5m tent, that area is too big for 1 x 315w cmh.

I have seen what the lamp can do, but that's not the only reason why I like growing with it. It's easy to maintain a good quiet environment.

If I had to start again from go with a wad of cash, I'd buy 315w cmh with dr90's. The kind of person that will see the real benefit to changing their lamp to the cmh, is a grower that uses 400w in a cooltube. It's so much better, runs cooler and will yield more.

There isn't a set in concrete best way to set up imo. There is a best way to set up for each grower, taking into account the different goals different growers have!

For anybody that wants to grow in 1m tent, or down to 75cm tent It's perfect!

• Like 3

hi guys ,

ive been looking to upgrade reflector to grostar, after reading this it seems like im better off upgrading my light system.

my grow space is 3 and a half feet square, if you had this space , which light would you buy for it.

i normally grow with 600w hps with parabolic , dont really want to go over this,

thanks ;)

hi guys ,

ive been looking to upgrade reflector to grostar, after reading this it seems like im better off upgrading my light system.

my grow space is 3 and a half feet square, if you had this space , which light would you buy for it.

i normally grow with 600w hps with parabolic , dont really want to go over this,

thanks ;)

Have a go with one of the 400w CMH bulbs I brought (details on page1) is your ballast agjustable ? it fit's standard E40 fittings so no need to change your parabolic, well worth £40 imo.

• Like 2

Have a go with one of the 400w CMH bulbs I brought (details on page1) is your ballast agjustable ? it fit's standard E40 fittings so no need to change your parabolic, well worth £40 imo.

hi, my ballast is lumatek digital , it is adjustable , so just run the ballast on 400w :yep:

cheers buddy gonna try one . do you just veg with these then use hps to flower ???

Edited by jibydoo

@jibyoo for your size room I'd use it all the way through, the colour spectrum of the bulb is 3000k which is very close to HPS ;) I'm using mine alongside a 600w HPS, it's replacing a traditional Metal Halide, and so far I'm more than impressed, the UV output seems more than old MH, but it's hard to tell with different strains.

@jibyoo for your size room I'd use it all the way through, the colour spectrum of the bulb is 3000k which is very close to HPS ;) I'm using mine alongside a 600w HPS, it's replacing a traditional Metal Halide, and so far I'm more than impressed, the UV output seems more than old MH, but it's hard to tell with different strains.

cheers buddy , got one for roughly the same as you paid ...40 rubs,, thanks for the advice :yep:

• Like 1

Great thread this...very interesting stuff.

I'm in the process of ordering 2 x 630w (2 x 315w each) cmh lamps for a 1.2m x 2.4m x 2m tent....that's if I can get them for a decent price...would 1260w of cmh be good enough for the space? I'm wanting to yield 25+ zips :)

Each lamp comes with a 4000k 315w and a 3000k 315w end to end under a single reflector.

Also what price should I pay at the most for these lamps as I'm waiting on a quote at the min?

I have got a total price of £167 for 3 x 600w digital dimmable ballasts with 3 x mh bulbs and 3 x hps bulbs....all shipped to my door (just need reflectors) 😊 straight from the manufacturer

Anyone wanting some il point you in the right direction 😉

CBD

Edited by CBDbob

Yes have a look at @@Golden Syrup 's diary he uses 4 in that space, probably 450-500 each for the twin bulb units maybe more, not sure what a zip is but 1gpw should be easily achievable under them and the quality should be better,£167 for 6 bulbs and 3 ballast is good, from what manufacturer?

Edited by ~Sanctuary~

Is this something to seriously consider during the summer months? I've read through this but the figures and stuff I ain't too clever with. I run a 600w most of the time in a 1.2m tent. If I wanted to equal this what bulb(s) and ballast(s) would I need? Can anyone translate the jargon and make this sound simple for a simpleton?

Edited by Chester Copperpot
  • Like 1

Zip = ounce lol sorry... the brand is tidestar td-m600..they have had less than 0.5% return on nearly 500k peices and I get a 3 year warranty too so can't be bad at that...I'm just cutting out the middle men :)

Edited by CBDbob

Is this something to seriously consider during the summer months? I've read through this but the figures and stuff I ain't too clever with. I run a 600w most of the time in a 1.2m tent. If I wanted to equal this what bulb(s) and ballast(s) would I need? Can anyone translate the jargon and make this sound simple for a simpleton?

To be fair a 315w will keep the temps alot lower that the 600w hps but yield will be a few ounces less...then if you put 2 x 315w in the tent you will get an awesome yield but the temps will be similar to the 600w hps....if you want something good for the summer I'd recommend getting a good LED lamp...something that draws 300-400w will easily yield like a 600w hps with even better resin production in my experience..

• Like 1