Keeping unrooted clones in cold storage

hashmaster3000

If i had read the first post properly my question would have been answered.

yeah man just leave extra on then trim up when ur ready to use them then u got nice fresh cuts to produce roots from

• Like 1

just had to trim my mom, so thought i would try this out, but im using chinese takeaway tubs..

20160321 170049 (Small)

20160321 170122 (Small)

20160321 170156 (Small)

think there might be to much misting, but ill leave it like that a couple hours & then wipe some out, unless anyone thinks otherwise?

• Like 2

Checked my cuttings, too much moisture, now mouldy, and black rot in middle. Next time just a couple in a tub with a few sheets of kitchen towel maybe. Maybe just too damn long in the fridge, can't hold them there for 8 weeks.....

• Like 4

Checked my cuttings, too much moisture, now mouldy, and black rot in middle. Next time just a couple in a tub with a few sheets of kitchen towel maybe. Maybe just too damn long in the fridge, can't hold them there for 8 weeks.....

mine are still alive no rott or mould but not looking very well, I,m going to try a rooted one over the next week or so. E2a I,m going to put the fridge ones under the lights to see how they go that,s been around 8/9 weeks now.

Coconut

Edited by Coconut
  • Like 1

I put the one I cut in January into the tent a few days ago, it,s now looking fine imo the rooting is a formality but I,ll see shortly, I,ll update over the next week.

Coconut

Edited by Coconut
  • Like 1

I'll say this is 100% real, confirmed by me -cos I've done it. I've kept cuttings in water in a fridge then rooted them later, with a near 100% strike rate, better than the "normal" way, for me. it's an amazing plant. Tis true. ;)

When you say "in water"...

Stood in a glass?

i think the trick for them not to mould is to not seal the sandwich bag, just a light misting , place the cuts in then fold the top over. ive had one lot go mouldy but it was in a shit fridge that froze up and stuff n didnt maintain a decent temp

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

The rooted ones survived more than a month in the fridge.Kept them in a airthight box,lightly misted inside, and didnt open the box for the entire time. Had them on the table for a day or two before placing them under better lights where two of them died within a day but all the others is nice and healthy :D

• Like 6

i did mine on Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:19 PM, there still alright now, one tube did wilt a little, but i gave them a mist & there still ok now..

Edited by floppy
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I put the one I cut in January into the tent a few days ago, it,s now looking fine imo the rooting is a formality but I,ll see shortly, I,ll update over the next week.

Coconut

sorry about the delayed update but the clone rooted fine after 7/8 days from the fridge. I also tried putting a rooted clone into the fridge but it did not do well so I removed it.

Atb coconut

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

Great thread! I guess I'm kinda bumping it!

I've been looking into longer term storage for cuts because I have to take a bit of time out of the country! I'd read about cuts in the fridge a long time ago, but nothing gave the kind of evidence to support it until I found this thread! GREAT!

Does anyone have any photographs or the method? Is there a method? Is it simply a case of putting cuts into plastic bags (left open) then popping them in the veg drawer for a few weeks?

:v:

• Like 5
On 30/01/2016 at 9:50 PM, Inspiration101 said:

Today I put about 25 clones in freezer bags, in a Tupperware sealed tub in the fridge. Bigfoot, old times and cream47. Shall see if they survive until whenever I take them out, guessing in 10 weeks time.

Great thread! 

Edited by Alan Johnson
  • Like 1

I've heard of people sending clones in the mail, even from USA to UK so this is not that surprising other than the length of time it seems you can keep em in there. That bit is exciting, thanks for this, might come in handy one day :)

• Like 2