Keeping unrooted clones in cold storage

hashmaster3000

Do they still need light?

I reckon its the opposite. Having them in the dark puts them to sleep along with the temps. Stops them trying to root/grow and prevents them from using up the limited nutrients and water they have. This is just a guess though as i have no experience of this sort of thing.

• Like 3

I've had success doing it for 3-4 days before, but haven't tried longer.

Guess you've just got to catch them before the wilting lettuce stage...

Guest Default Attribute

Good tip, dont see it mentioned much.

You can also root clones with no humidity, I put a cutting in a pot of soil in the corner of my veg tent and just left it, it never wilted at all and rooted within 3 weeks.

Clonex is also a huge rip off, just had clones root in 10 days by using absolutely nothing.

• Like 1

Good tip, dont see it mentioned much.

You can also root clones with no humidity, I put a cutting in a pot of soil in the corner of my veg tent and just left it, it never wilted at all and rooted within 3 weeks.

Clonex is also a huge rip off, just had clones root in 10 days by using absolutely nothing.

Only ever owned one tub of rooting hormone and I think I used it once or twice but its definitely a rip off

• Like 2

I was always under the impression that the cutting would suffer some kind of ambolism by air travelling up the stem but it's probably old hat info.....

• Like 2

I was always under the impression that the cutting would suffer some kind of ambolism by air travelling up the stem but it's probably old hat info.....

Some people take cuttings underwater but obviously there's no need, cuts kept in the fridge seem to root alot faster than fresh ones

• Like 6
  • 4 weeks later...

Today I put about 25 clones in freezer bags, in a Tupperware sealed tub in the fridge. Bigfoot, old times and cream47. Shall see if they survive until whenever I take them out, guessing in 10 weeks time.

• Like 4

I've tried this before but when i tried to root them i fucked it up.

Moving house soon so i'll pop all my mums into cold storage and try it again in the new place.

That's gonna be a mission and a half.

• Like 1

I,m going to try putting them into a jiffy cube then putting them into the tray as a cutting hopefully that will prevent the wilting stage. It would save so much hassle being able to go to the fridge and get a cutting ;)

Thanks Coconut

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...