The odd laboratory

OddNut

Ey up Wiz :) how's it going buddy ? Yeah I decided to do a bit on it as I had quite a large area used up, the side where the tank and ballasts are was just empty space before, so everything's been condensed :) it seems to be running nicely though, I was a little worried about heat having cut the space by a third and added a light for the mothers/early veg. Seems ok though. I've 7 killers and a load of blues cuts in there at the moment (only baby's at the min) so I might get a diary going again. Do you remember me asking if people ever feel like it's going to go tits up all the time ? I've been living that nightmare lol not had much luck recently

• Like 2

@@OddNut know the feeling. I was admitted to hospital and when I came out my groom had gone and my mums were dead. The person who was supposed to be looking after everything smoked too much of my blues, lost it and ripped it out lol

Still got everything so I can set it up again at some point. More gutted about my mother plants and the time it took to find them.

Wizard :oldtoker:

• 4 weeks later...

I've managed to kill two lots of plants so far in this room lol other than that ive done a bit of work on my veg room and generally been tinkering around.

I've put two shelves in to make 3 areas for plants. The shelves are smaller than the room to allow airflow through the room and i also knocked a door up, just need to light proof it. I have two god knows what watt strip lights high at the top for rooting cuts and a 4 light enviro light that im hoping to root my 1l pots out under. i did try my 250 watt MH in the bottom where i want to keep mothers but i think it will be two hot when the 600s are fired up in the main room so i think ill buy another ligtht similar to the enviro

gallery_88436_10410_81175.jpg

im going to change all the bare wood for plastic eventually mainly because i dont like how it looks lol

• Like 6

Just a snap of the nutrient solution being circulated in my tank. a pump sits in the bottom and pumps it back in at the top

gallery_88436_10410_45100.jpg

• Like 3

and finally what its intended for .... growing shit :oldtoker:

im starting some tobacco for a mate, he is going to have a bash at growing it on his allotment

gallery_88436_10410_143651.jpg

and some blues and killer cuts rooting out

gallery_88436_12406_53968.jpg

gallery_88436_12406_113289.jpg

Edited by OddNut
  • Like 7

Blues cuts seem to be loving it :) had 100% strike rate

gallery_88436_12406_2724.jpg

gallery_88436_12406_20639.jpg

And the killers are loving it even more, really impressed with how mental these have rooted out, all but one have rooted out and i have a second batch that are a week behind.

i hope the second batch roots as well as these have cos ive got the first lot of killers all mixed up (there are 3 killer mothers and i want two of each) clumsy oddnut :doh:

gallery_88436_12406_57087.jpg

gallery_88436_12406_28136.jpg

• Like 9

@@OddNut

If Heineken did grow rooms. Looking sweet as, only thing I would add is a big comfy chair.

What method are you using for cloning / cuts ? I might try it , and how long to get super white roots like yours ?

Kind regards,

twoscoops

• Like 1

Yo! @@twoscoops

For the cuts what I do is :-

first pour a bucket of water and leave it to get to room temp then I add root stim and ph to around 6.

I then get all my tools cleaned with ISO alcohol including my prop and seed trays then rinse with water

Fill trays with coco, pour a load of above mix into the prop bottom and sit till it soaks it up and the top of the coco is wet then discard the rest. This is because watering from the top makes the coco go everywhere

I then as I take all the cuts I want I place them straight into a jug of above mix (I take cuts a bit longer and trim them down)

Once I've got enough, one by one I take them out the jug cut 45 through a node and strait into clonex. Trim some of the leafs down to slow transpiration and push into the coco so they don't fall over. Sometimes helps to sick a cocktail stick in first to help the cut go it

When done put prop lid on put then in 25-26deg c and low light leave for a few days then I start airing them out for a bit daily sometimes till they wilt slightly.

It's kinda just let them do their thing really, leave them be until you see roots at the drainage of a lot of them. The ones above took 12 days to get to that stage. They caught me off guard a bit, especially the killers because there is only one small drainage hole I couldn't see many roots. I didn't expect to find a lot of them going on root bound lol

Hope this helps dude, I might make a cutting guide at some point not that uk420 needs many more lol

E2a ps I have a big comfy sofa in the room next to it :D

Edited by OddNut
  • Like 6

Hey up @@OddNut

Thanks for the super cloning guide and reply - I doff my cap.

I shall have a go at cloning again at weekend cause I have a few plants that are in need of a haircut.

You have done well getting nice healthy roots like that in 12 days.

Nice big comfy in room next to it , and a fridge full of ale lol

Cheers , twoscoops

• Like 2

Not a problem mate, here to share what I do know :) yeah that's a good idea have a practice at it so when you do need it you know what's going on !

There is actually a fridge there too lol no beer though, it's empty at the moment but I'm working on it

Edited by OddNut
  • Like 2