Dinafem Blue Widow & OG KUSH. First Grow

Subliminal Criminal

gallery_94326_11481_64288.jpg

some more growth in 5 days. They will really shoot up once i can properly use 600w (perhaps dimmed to 400w as not to shock them) But as they are young i hope i am not wasting time by using them under blue spectrum 125w Cfl.

On Tuesday i will be getting it sorted hopefully for good. Box Fan, Controller to go with the Mountain Air filter. Some Rhino plastic ducting may be purchased as well. I have added about 2mls of PM root stim, and watered them with that last night and today, and also i added a bit more PM soil to these little pots. Might go the whole hog and get some Bio Silicon, after seeing others grow diaries and how lush it seems to make their growth. Really am enjoying growing, now i have learned to be patient. I just find it so satisfying sometimes!

I know its very early days, i just hope i can get it right first time, but with the online support here I think its more than a possibility!

Edited by juicyfruit
  • Like 3

I would go from tge 125w cfl to 400 then up to 600w say over a week period. This will give the plants time to adjust to the extra lumens and limit and potential shock :)

Things look great. Nice vibrant green..

They will really kick in once they get under more light and maybe a pot up to help root development :)

Nice update

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

Yes Mark.. I will be ordering those items Tuesday. So should be running at full velocity by next weekend... probably put in 3.8l fabric pots in about ten days to two weeks.. or should i put them straight into 12L fabric pots...

Im guessing you will say the 3.8s but dont want to stress my plants too much and i dont know how easy repotting with these root nurse pots i have..

thanks

Juicy

Edited by juicyfruit
  • Like 1

I would go 3.8 for veg stage, 10 days before bloom pot up to the bigger pots 12l. That will give a good week to put down new roots and eliminate any stress.

That should work well :)

All the best

D-M..

@, I grew Dinafem first time round, great genetics!! I didn't get a blueberry pheno like I had hoped from the blue widow, but still a great smoke. The flavour comes through alot more after a 6 month cure! The strawberry amnesia I have grown is one of my favourite smokes and am interested in trying their OG Kush.

Have had a read of the whole diary and so far so good. About your temps, assuming you have a tent in a spare room and are pulling air in from an open window, i think getting that air out should help alot. As the weather now gets cooler this shouldn't be as much of an issue but I have a veg cab set up similar and I have a 4 inch intake from the bottom of an open window and extract to the same window with the ducting at the top of the window. As hot air rises this avoids the air recirculating so am still getting cooler air in and warm air out. Hope that makes sense as it might be worth a try. Works for me, but I only have a 2ft 4-tube T5 lamp and in summer didn't get over 28c.

Am looking forward to seeing how you get on, good luck!!

Cheers, Mental.

e2a spelling.

Edited by Mental Chops
  • Like 1

right thanks @@Dinafem-Mark. Will do that.

@@Mental Chops I really cant wait 6 months to smoke my finished product! I suppose if i had jars full of different bud it would be easy! Think i will be curing a few weeks at the most.

My grow is in my bedroom, my house is only one bedroom. I will be buying a Tornado fan and controller tomorrow, i just hope its quiter than my Rhino Fan, I think theyre about 50 db (The Tornado)

After this grow i will probably building my sliding door grow drobe. http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=363029&hl=

That should vent directly into my attic, which unfortunatly is far too small to use for anything.

Thank you all for the input

Juicy

Edited by juicyfruit
  • Like 1

just gave em plain filtered water today.. when i pot up next (probably this weekend) i will be using some pm granules, and a bit more root stim, then after a week pm grow. Sounds good?

• Like 2

@juciyfruit, sorry, I wasn't suggesting you need to cure for that long. It's just I normally have more plants cropped before I finish smoking the previous crop, therefore I have some curing for over 9 months. I was a little disappointed with the taste of the blue widow at first but the taste got better with time.

I usually start smoking a crop after only 7-10 days drying, but you will find as the weeks go by with it in the jars, the flavour and smell will get better!

• Like 1

I think scrogg could work very well but I think 6 in that area will be to crammed. If scrogg i wpuld do 2-4 plants :). Fimming,lst and cropping will work well to :)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

Yeah mate, as DM says 6 maybe a couple too many, I think Qwderb had a thread here somewhere about plant numbers/size of pots and how to maximise for area etc, remember reading it a while back. When I used to flower in a four foot square room I once put 16 in there in 5L pots and to be honest they were a bit cramped so the next run I put a maximum of 9 in, but used larger pots 7.5L, both grows were from a widow mum I had and the second yielded no more or less than the first, give or take a q, so I stuck with 9 afterwards. The thinking I put behind my growing is that training is key, well that apart from the obvious light/nutes etc but never overlook the ventilation, I did when I first started out and learned that movement of air is so crucial, fresh in and out as much as possible I say, even if your changing the areas air every 30 seconds, more air, more bud I say ;)

• Like 2

well that is good as i have my new mountain air filter (massive heavy thing) Tornado box fan and all this some may think is a bit OTT. But certainly shouldnt have a problem with airflow. All the gear no idea but getting there!

I will probably wait until sexing the plants and get rid of the two that appear weakest..or get rid of males and hermies. good idea? Or just ditch the two smallest plants

Edited by juicyfruit
  • Like 2

ok photo update now its 15th October..

gallery_94326_11481_106403.jpg

They all seem fine, with the exception of the blue widow on the top right, its stretching madly, even though its got the same light and everything is the same as the others.

Just feeding with a touch of PM root stim right now. About 1-2mls per litre water.

The pics above are at the top unwatered and then i watered them and took another shot.

Cheers

Juicy

• Like 3