Dinafem Blue Widow & OG KUSH. First Grow

Subliminal Criminal

yes mark i started feeding them a little root stim at 2 weeks.. since then they have had that, pm grow, bio silicon and cal mag

• Like 1

i only started feeding them the magne cal a few days ago when the yellowing started.. possibly thats it

• Like 1

@ My brother had a very similar problem when he did his first grow. At the time the only thing he had added to their routine was the bio silicon at full strength as recommended on the bottle.

He halved the amount of bio silicon and it sorted out his problems. He then gradually built up the dose over time with no further problems.

Hope this might help. :v:

• Like 3

right freax, it could well be the bio silicon, they are looking very healthy again now i have trimmed. I guess the trouble with having all the different nutrients, is it can make problems more difficult to diagnose.

I will use the bio silicon at half strength. It can be a delicate balance

thanks

Juicy

• Like 2

I agree more nutes more issues can come up. Don't get me wrong all these nutes are great but imho are not all needed. All you need is a good Base medium, good veg and bloom nutes + a booster. I've seen some growers in Canada adding 10+ nutes to there mix, yes great results but the same can be got with good growing and the basics :).

As you said it can make things hard when trying to diagnose a issue.

Do you ever just give water for a few days?

All the best

D-M..

• Like 3

alright well i think i should enter flowering soon, the veg growth on these seems to have slowed down, and i thought about switching to 12/12 in about 2 or 3 weeks what do you think?

They are 6 weeks from seed, i think i should repot soon and go into flowering

@@Dinafem-Mark

Edited by juicyfruit
  • Like 1

I'll +1 what Zimmer has said here.

@ , just a quick one mate, had a very brief run through. When you get your PH pen, try your water out the tap, then try adding the recommended dosage of Bio-Silicone.

I found with mine that it can create very alkaline water, and although not generally a problem it could slow down uptake of certain nutrients possibly causing a few issues with nitrogen.. My tap water was about 6.8 out the tap, with a full dose of the silicone I was using it went to above 8.0 !

Just my opinion thought though bud.

Best of luck with the rest of your grow.

• Like 3

I'll +1 what Zimmer has said here.

@ , just a quick one mate, had a very brief run through. When you get your PH pen, try your water out the tap, then try adding the recommended dosage of Bio-Silicone.

I found with mine that it can create very alkaline water, and although not generally a problem it could slow down uptake of certain nutrients possibly causing a few issues with nitrogen.. My tap water was about 6.8 out the tap, with a full dose of the silicone I was using it went to above 8.0 !

Interesting thought GV, are you suggesting that even though we might bring down the PH with PH down, starting out with such an alkaline solution can affect the uptake.

Eg, my tap water is 7.4. which i think is pretty high. I have never measured it with just the hydro silicon, as I normally add that last and sometimes use it as a PH up if necessary.

Have I misunderstood your point? If not then this may have affected my plants in the past too.

Cheers, Mental.

• Like 1

I would do the potting up very soon which will give you 2 weeks to recover from the possible shock. Then go to 12/12. Good advice on ph checking. Some nutes can make a ph pen go wild

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

Interesting thought GV, are you suggesting that even though we might bring down the PH with PH down, starting out with such an alkaline solution can affect the uptake.

Eg, my tap water is 7.4. which i think is pretty high. I have never measured it with just the hydro silicon, as I normally add that last and sometimes use it as a PH up if necessary.

Have I misunderstood your point? If not then this may have affected my plants in the past too.

Cheers, Mental.

I see a lot of folks speaking about nutrient lockout like its an easy thing to do, when I don't think it is.. But Cannabis does react to imbalances in the soil if left without looking after..

Nitrogen is obviously very important, and quite hard to "Lockout" as the PH doesn't affect it to bad, so according to modern charts even a PH of 8.0 should still allow the plant to take nitrogen.. But, because the plant needs it so much in its veg stage a PH of anything above 7.0 especially in those early days will quickly show sings its not getting enough to keep the leaves healthy.

Check your run off's PH, if its below 6 there is a good chance the plant will struggle for Calcium and Magnesium too.. But even then mate, the plant will still take them in and make the grower think all is well because "Lockout" is a strong description..

You will notice a lot of folks getting issues with Calcium and Magnesium around week 5 of flowering, I think this is usually a sign that in late veg the plant didn't take enough storage of Cal / Mag..

The word "Buffer" is used quite a lot too IMO, if the soil is able to change the PH of water so effectively why do we get any issues with modern cannabis specific nutrients at all?.. Soil corrects the PH, nutrients have all the plant needs, so why the def's?.. And I would be hung for saying this, but I don't think soil is as good as buffering as some folks may believe, on the other hand though you do have to be careful not to go to mad with PH down in soil.

Like with most things in growing, I think its about finding that sweet spot!.

GV.

• Like 4