Big Kush @ The House of Freax

Freax

Very nice looking plant mate and from what you've said will do a very respectable yield :). Nice job and thank you for the pre harvest shot :)

All the best

D-M.

Hi all, so Mrs F and I spent some more time trimming last night and took down a further 2 plants. Ill let the pics do the talking. :v:

gallery_75737_10963_416523.jpg

The plant above was the most purple out of them in the pics and fair play she has come out with some beautiful colours as you will see in the next pic.

gallery_75737_10963_304980.jpg

It was quite mad whilst trimming it cos when you all of a sudden end up trimming a green bud again it really screws with your eyes after doing so many purple ones.

Then this next pic is of the 3rd plant that got taken last night.

gallery_75737_10963_447680.jpg

Then we have a cpl of pics of the harvest so far.

This a pic of 1 of the trays i mentioned.

gallery_75737_10963_372724.jpg

Every grow ive done so far when ive used these trays to dry the bud, ive had almost 2oz bang on from a tray filled like this when dry.

Im now halfway into tray 8 with 2 plants still to take down.

gallery_75737_10963_119404.jpg

As you can see ive used twigs to mark the trays where 1 plant ends and another begins so that i know a: roughly how much i had from each plant and b: which pheno it came from.

Small disaster struck last night when halfway through taking the 1st plant down, Mrs F looks up above my head and says "is that a split?" I look up and theres an almighty tear in the duct right above my head. Fuck me! Gaffa tape to hand the duct was repaired in seconds.

Thankfully it was after the fan so it wasnt pulling any more smell into the duct just pushing a bit of ambient stink through with it. It must have happened when we were in and out of the tent last night as i havnt had any real stink upstairs where my exhaust ends.

Thats it for now, cheers for looking in. Ill get some more pics up tomorrow probably after taking the last 2 down tonight. :v:

:rockon:

• Like 9

Very nice looking plants mate. By the sound of things these were quite easy to trim up. I'm quite surprised at how purple these have gone :). Can I ask did all show this purple trait?

Thank you for the picture update very much appreciated and happy trimming :)

All the best

D-M.

• Like 1

@@Freax m8 bountiful harvest there smell it from here,ha,beautiful looking plants enjoy,chris

I wouldnt be at all surprised fella lol

Very nice looking plants mate. By the sound of things these were quite easy to trim up. I'm quite surprised at how purple these have gone :). Can I ask did all show this purple trait?

Thank you for the picture update very much appreciated and happy trimming :)

All the best

D-M.

Cheers dude, yeah they are quite nice to trim, but the fluffy bits do get real fluffy. It surprised me too mate, some of the buds i trimmed last night are completely purple. Yes they did all go purple to a certain degree, some more than others Ill try and get some more purple bud shots up over the next cpl of days.

That shot of the purple buds..... wow man, you should enter that in the monthly bud comp.... beautiful pic mate!

Cheers dude, probably the best pic ive ever taken lol and erm, done and done :rofl:

Right heres a few pics of the last 2 to come down.

First the one which i didnt get in to lollipop at all, had quite a bit of fluffy bits of this and loads of trim.

gallery_75737_10963_118333.jpg

Then the last one to come down, again i didnt take as much from the bottom as i could have but every bud was rock hard all the way down.

gallery_75737_10963_470868.jpg

The main cola from the plant above

gallery_75737_10963_330640.jpg

A shot of the Big Kush naked

gallery_75737_10963_109232.jpg

And some harvest shots.

I ran into a small problem whilst trimming. I ran out of trays :rofl: so i had to hang the rest.

gallery_75737_10963_173223.jpg

gallery_75737_10963_365936.jpg

The last shot is all the trim and a tub of fluffy stuff thats just ripe for quick drying

gallery_75737_10963_94294.jpg

Ive not decided yet how im gonna process the trim but i do like to have a pot of hashish i can just dip into and sprinkle into a joint so ill probably shake quite a bit of it when its dry.

Oh yeah, this girl packs a punch. Not quite a slap in the face, more like a Big Cerebral Kushion. Sort of creeps up after a min or so and just envelops the front of your head then makes your brow feel heavy. And my bro just informed me that it makes him want to go to sleep :rofl:

Absolutely stunning smoke so far and thats just the quick dried stuff. Cant wait till its dry properly and then ill get the proper taste starting to come through then too. :thumsup:

As ive mentioned, the trays i usually find give up about 2oz when dry. So thats 9 trays full and whats hanging. So im going to guesstimate around 22oz final weight, but ill just have to wait and see.

So thats all for now folks, ill get some more purple pics up when i can and get the dry weight up when its done. :v:

• Like 6

Some beautiful shots mate. This has been a great grow and by the look of things produced some a grade end product with a stunning look. Will be interested when dry on the final product smoke report.

Thank you for being one of the first to grow out the big kush on open forum you have done a great job.

Thank you for the picture update very much appreciated and enjoy the harvest :)

All the best

D-M.

• Like 1

Some lovely pictures there mate, worthy of COTP.

By the look of things your in for a great result, well done.

They look so easy to trim, im glad i trimmed the under carriage on mine now.

ATB Zimm.

Noticed the fox tailing trait coming thru from the OG.

Edited by zimmer
  • Like 2

@@Dinafem-Mark Chers dude, it's definitely a strain that I'm going to grow again. The flavour profile of this is incredible. We've been smoking some of the smaller bits that have dried and it is stunning. I took some with me when we visited a mate the other day and he was amazed at how fruity it smelled and tasted.

You get a variety of fruit flavours and smells from this girl apart from the citrus smells when she's growing. I got a blast of something like passion fruit the other day when I had a toke on an unlit joint, it almost made me not want to light it lol and my mate said he could smell strawberry and lemon when he was making a spliff with it.

Thank you once again for giving me he chance to be one of the first people to grow this new strain and please tell the rest of the Dinafem crew I said thanks too. :realcool:

@@zimmer Cheers dude. :thumsup: Yes mate she was a pleasure to trim and you will be glad that you got your nether regions tidied up, that's something I really need to get on top with during my grows, then hopefully with a bit of tweaking of the environment I'll be cooking with gas. :v:

:rockon:

• Like 2

@@Freax do you have you next adventure planned strain wise?. So glad to know the big kush is a pleasing smoke :) and nice to hear you would grow again :bong:

All the best

D-M.

• Like 1

@@Dinafem-Mark Well I was thinking about running 3 of the PAK next alongside a cpl of Dinachem tbh. Maybe run the Alien again or just do 3 in my NFT system.

I do have a few other strains here as well, so maybe another multi strain, 5 strains in the Alien again. I've still got a cpl of Hippy Killers and 2 from a Seedism lucky dip pack and a Cream 47.

I'm thinking about changing tents first though. I've been looking at the Century Systems 2.35m tall ones. It'll give me the headroom I want, plus I'm thinking of downsizing to a 1.2m square. The 2.4 x 1.2 takes up a lot of room.

I've gotta get some stuff done round the house first and get the council in to so some bits so it might be a cpl of months before I get another grow going. I'd rather not have one on the go with people I don't know back and fore the house.

It really is a nice smoke, even pure in a single skinner it was really smooth and that normally rips my chest open lol so after a few weeks it should be even nicer. :yep:

I'll defo be growing her again and I want to go through a few more Dinafem strains too. The White Widow was a cracking smoke, pure old school weed that just flattened you and the Cali Hash Plant is real tasty too.

But I do like a good Kush so I think the PAK is gonna be included in the next run no matter what. :v:

• Like 1

Nice to hear you have a few Dinafem strains planned for future grows. Can I ask is the alien system 4 or 5 pot and will that fit in a 1.2ml x 1.2ml x 2.0m tent? Minus the res outside?

Glad the big kush is hitting the spot :)

All the best

D-M.

• Like 1

@@Dinafem-Mark The Alien is a 9 pot system that is designed for a 1.2 square according to the company, but I set it up for 5 pots for the BK grow just to give the plants a bit of space to grow.

I've found that less is more in the groom so far. The biggest harvests I've had have been from lower plant numbers. So I'll probably not go above 5 again for a while and try and get it dialled in properly. Also I'm hoping that by downsizing it will make my light more efficient too, by it not diminishing as much before it reaches a decent reflective surface. Well, the idea works in my head anyway. lol

I could place the res and brain pot outside the tent so it would just be the pots in there, then try to maximise the potential of the space by making the environment the best I can. :v:

• Like 2