4 NEW Strains seed for diary time again!

Dinafem-Mark

@@ANTHONY13

Looking lovely in there mate - how's it coming on now ? finished ?

Have you run HPS lights before this too ? If do how do they compare to the LEDs ?

hello mate..they are finished.yes.

i upload some pics as soon as they dry.

comparison?

lets just say all my hps goes to bin soon and i fill up my cabinets with only led:)of course i have to save some money for that:)

much healthier looking plants.reduced stretch more smell more resin faster response to 12/12..for example..under hps my baby stretches till end of week three...under led i stop training at day 10.

i do have this baby nearly 1.5 years now.clone of a clone of a clone...i tried her in soil in aero in coco. and of course with hps too....i love dwc best...i would love to try blue widow under led..and in dwc...very nice strain that is:)

• Like 1

IMG 1037

IMG 1005

IMG 1038

@@ANTHONY13

Looking lovely in there mate - how's it coming on now ? finished ?

Have you run HPS lights before this too ? If do how do they compare to the LEDs ?

here..i found some pic..i think its day 49 before flush..

IMG 1005

IMG 1004

Edited by ANTHONY13
  • Like 2

Guest b33lz33bub

Thanks for the pics @@ANTHONY13

Very interesting to hear your impressions of LEDs - people often don't get a chance to talk about LED lights for long on this forum before they get shouted down and hounded off

Do you do grow dairies ?

well...i just tell my experience.if anyone interested you know..how can i explain...when i watch them growing under led i feel like yes this light tis getting the plant to their maximum..they look very strong there is a different structure to them...there is a different shine to the leaf...the same plant looks different under led and under hps.and this just a mid quality 3w led..i can not imagine what a brand new 10w led could do!:)am still a new grower..there is much to learn..but i always read read read...there are plenty of great growers here..one of them with a funny name owderb is my favourite..i encourage every new grower to read his diaries:)...so diaries..i just read them...to lazy to write them:)

• Like 2

@@ANTHONY13 have you had experience growing under hps mate? I think leds are finally getting to where we all hoped they would be when first introduced. I've seen a lot of older experienced growers swapping from our tried,tested and trusty hps to leds. From what I've seen with your grows I can see why :)

All the best

D-M..

hi Mark!

oh yes i did start with hps and in my big cabinet there is still hps.first 10 days of flowering its always mh then swap to hps.

i started growing about 3 years ago..and yes i am fully sold on led.as i said i am swapping to full led too:)

by the way.this one plant critical cheese in coco ghe nutes under led 4 gal rhizopot gave me 231g gorgeous nugs.amber trics at day 45 and 20% amber at day53 that is the day i cut it down.very stinky and potent my friends keep putting the spliff out half way:)

they just told me that this is my best weed yet:)

Mark...be brave and buy some spectrabox gold good quality and not very expansive and try it!you will love it!

• Like 1

I'm looking into the spectrabox gold mate @@ANTHONY13 . Can I ask are 2nd hand leds ok to buy or are they like hid/hps/mh deterioration after 2 grows?..

I only ask because there are newer 5w or even 7-10watt leds coming now with others models only having a 3w chipset? , it's all new to me.

All the best

D-M.

hi Mark

well i am not an led expert yet:)but what i been reading that the 5w or 10 watt are obviously stronger and offer deeper penetration into the canopy and you can keep and u have to keep them higher above the plants and they offer better spread over the canopy.but i am sure that the spectrum is the same with 3w or 5w or 10 watt

i personally would not buy second hand i know it a big investment at first but their estimated lifetime is about 300000 hours so we are talking about 3 to 5 years before they start to degrade.

plus if one led fails the others still work and its very easy(so they say) to change them

go to g tools.nl and they stock or can get all of them for you.very good guys.and some of the spectrabox pro has got 5 watt too.

i am going to go for the 810 watt model which replaces 1000watt hps. i wanna buy three of those for my new set up.my new room is going to be 3.6mx1.2 plus spectra sells these led tubes 1.5meter long red or blue 55w each which am going to place around the edges of the grow room to cover every bit of it.well its going to be a custom made cabinet in a grow room.

I am sure once you start to use the you never go back to hps:)

:v:

• Like 1

Now I've never used Led's for growing but it is a very interesting subject.

Until I had to come out of work because of my back, I worked for a stage and lighting company. We supplied kit for the entertainment industry. Gigs, theatres, schools and conference work and so on.

Led technology for theatre lighting has, the same as growing, still not quite reached its full potential yet imo.

The biggest problem being getting a wide beam angle, as an Led creates a beam of light very much like a laser and they are actually still classed as low level laser beam type lights. Only recently have I seen Led grow lights with a variable beam angle and only recently have I seen proper full spectrum Led panels. The Spectrum King lights being 1 of them. A mate of a mate has just purchased 2 of them at a cost of £2500.

As far as replacing an Led chip. It is quite eay if your competent with soldering, but what we discovered with the lighting we used where I worked was, if 1 chip goes down, it can have a knock on effect, causing problems across the entire panel. As you can imagine theatre lighting gets knocked about a lot more than any grow light would so suffers a lot more problems as far as maintainance goes. Also in theatre or at a concert, a bulb can be changed in seconds by a lampy who knows what they are doing, watching the boys do this during a show can breathtaking but as an audience member you probably wouldnt see them walking the top of the truss, but if an Led chip goes down, you've lost that part of a fixture which then leaves things unbalanced until it can be swapped out or repaired which has to wait until the end of the show.

Personally I think that in about 3-5 yrs the difference between HPS and LED will be very small, but so far they have not got it to the stage where it can truly replace HID lamps. For growing or the entertainment industry.

• Like 2

Some very interesting stuff @@Freax coming from someone who worked around lighting daily is certainly a credible source. Very informative information mate thanks for sharing :)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

IMG 1083

Hi Mark!

how are you doing?

i just wanted to thanks for all this stuff i received today!

there are much more things here then you mentioned:)there was no word about hat and papers and tips! :)

very cool.even tho i was always a big fan of dinafem now you got a customer and fan for life! :)

thank you!

as for mr Freax..i did grow this exact same strain (clone of a clone)under hps and under led.in aero in soil in coco...i see the difference with my own eyes..and there is a difference in every aspect..but i am just sharing my experience not trying to convince:)

and as your motto says...if you wanna waste your time wisely...try led someday...it doest cut down on flowering time too:)dont mean to argue...just saying.

Edited by ANTHONY13
  • Like 3

@@ANTHONY13 no problem what so ever mate. As I said the list of prizes can differ and if around we will always put in extra goodies :). It's not to bad a prize I think it's is very good :) and great to give back to the community.

Glad you like your prize mate and thank you for entering your pictures :bong:

Enjoy

All the best

D-M.

• Like 2