My dinafem discovery and subsequent delight

blackpoolbouncer

• 1 month later...

Great thread, had to skip a few pages, but will read it all when I have time.

Great to see the evolution of a grower, always a work in progress, but your plants say it all, they look healthy and no doubt, make a fine smoke for when the sun goes down (it always goes down at 420 somewhere)

Never grew autos and from memory it was the Ruderrelis variety that flowered no matter the photo-period. In the 90s breeders seemed to use this to shorten flowering times. Maybe autos have nothing to do with Ruderelis in which case ignore everything in this paragraph.

I'll have to do a grow dairy at some point plus I promised to teach people how to make their own cannabis e-juice, using the recipe that the commercial sellers use. Not sure if you have vaped weed yet with an e-cig, but at some point, that may well be the way we go.

Great plants, fantastic looking for someone who began not so long back.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, MyDisplayName2000 said:

Never grew autos and from memory it was the Ruderrelis variety that flowered no matter the photo-period. In the 90s breeders seemed to use this to shorten flowering times. Maybe autos have nothing to do with Ruderelis in which case ignore everything in this paragraph.

You are 100% correct my friend  ;)

In the late 90,s a sub species was discovered that flowered regardless of light but rather age. This was the autoflower gene or the Ruderalis gene as it is also know. 

This gene is still used to bring the autoflowering side and the rest of the plant is traditional indica/sativa  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

21 hours ago, MyDisplayName2000 said:

Not sure if you have vaped weed yet with an e-cig, but at some point, that may well be the way we go.

As in concentrates?  If so I agree this does look the way to go. I've been mixing my own for about 2 years and it's a great inconspicuous way to consume your meds :)

Great to hear you will be teaching this method. 

I find it very easy  :)

0.6g of oil

0.3g of terps 

Heat slightly and stir. 

Fill cartridges and vape away :)

All the best 

Mark..

• 7 months later...
On 10/16/2017 at 5:36 PM, blackpoolbouncer said:

I can see you tied the main stem once. This temporarily made it grow sideways but then immediately started growing up again, negating the point of doing it.

If you kept moving that tie so it kept growing sideways it would give the other branches time to catch up giving you an even canopy. 

What we are trying to achieve is all buds at the same level

Just thought I'd say thanks for doing this thread. Finished my first and have built up the confidence to attempt exactly what you have described.

Previously attempted lst on a dinafem white widow but like you say it just reverted to the up position once more. 

2MpN9a.jpg

This is my attempt to do as you described. I will continue the bondage till the main cola is horizontal and all those lovely once hidden bud sites are saluting the hps god;)

The above is dutch seed white widow cbd auto. 

Big thanks to you Blackpoolbouncer, amazing skills and after reading your entire thread I'd a decent skin too.

Cheers.

Edited by Ceebeedee
  • Like 3

@Ceebeedee mate that looks spot on. Looks like you have got the knack. It's dead simple in reality isn't It!

Very nice looking plant mate. Nice and healthy and the structure will lend itself well to this. I can see the side shoots dying to jump up and fill that middle in.

Good stuff indeed

E2a all I do to keep em growing flat till I'm happy to let them grow up is move the tie a node up along the branch. Perfect example of this is in your pic at 2 o clock. That will be standing up again today so I would move the tie up a bit which will flatten it back out. 

Rinse and repeat till your happy

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

@Ceebeedee mate that looks spot on. Looks like you have got the knack. It's dead simple in reality isn't It!

Very nice looking plant mate. Nice and healthy and the structure will lend itself well to this. I can see the side shoots dying to jump up and fill that middle in.

Good stuff indeed

E2a all I do to keep em growing flat till I'm happy to let them grow up is move the tie a node up along the branch. Perfect example of this is in your pic at 2 o clock. That will be standing up again today so I would move the tie up a bit which will flatten it back out. 

I get what your saying Blackpoolbouncer. I stupidly didn't realise till having tieing down the main stem that I'd also made a big gap that i could now take advantage of by redirecting the side branches towards. 

Excited to get home from work to slide along those ties to keep her horizontal, especially the one at two o'clock as you say will be northbound fast... The thoughts of getting the hang of this and even get half the yeild you do would be awesome.

So will i leave all ties in place till bud sites are established and heading north and then remove em or leave them altogether?

Also i cant find the pic but you had one plant where you had the typical Blackpoolbouncer 20 odd fists of bud in the air but this one was different as it also had what appeared to be a main cola at each end of the canopy! Was this done by topping/fiming, blackmagic?

Cheers again for taking the time and making the effort in sharing your skills mate its much appreciated.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Good stuff indeed

I get what your saying Blackpoolbouncer. I stupidly didn't realise till having tieing down the main stem that I'd also made a big gap that i could now take advantage of by redirecting the side branches towards. 

Excited to get home from work to slide along those ties to keep her horizontal, especially the one at two o'clock as you say will be northbound fast... The thoughts of getting the hang of this and even get half the yeild you do would be awesome.

So will i leave all ties in place till bud sites are established and heading north and then remove em or leave them altogether?

Also i cant find the pic but you had one plant where you had the typical Blackpoolbouncer 20 odd fists of bud in the air, but this one was different as it also had what appeared to be a main cola at each end of the canopy! Was this done by topping/fiming, blackmagic?

Cheers again for taking the time and making the effort in sharing your skills mate its much appreciated.

Edit; found the pic in your gallery..

Look at that freaky gal!

Edited by Owderb
Pic removed. Please upload to hear. Thanks
  • Like 1

Nice to see one of my favourite threads back active  :yep:

@blackpoolbouncer Still leading the way and teaching new member's  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Nice to see one of my favourite threads back active 

Nice to see it's still of use to people. Always puts a smile in my face.

@Ceebeedee that girl got accidentally topped after the 4th node so you are technically right in your workings as both those are twin main colas and the beauty of the technique is that those colas are just the tip of the iceberg for that particular branch because the same branch also has another 4 or 6 side shoots that then come up to join the party at canopy level and on a level playing field with everything else. 

No magic or hocus pocus here. Just a logical approach and a bit of plant understanding 

All the best everyone 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Nice to see it's still of use to people. Always puts a smile in my face.

That's why we pinned it to the main page. Such a available resource and a must read for any beginner or experienced grower. Some really useful info in this thread.

No wonder it has close to 60,000 views :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, KarlPilkington1 said:

Brilliant read. Took me awhile but I got there. Learnt a lot. Also made me order dinafems XXL WW autos. All 5 popped up the morning. Thanks @blackpoolbouncer :notworthy: Bring on that pdf book you mentioned way back

I’ve been reading this flat out too @KarlPilkington1 I popped another two autos and they’re up and in 1l pots. I even went and got me some b&q buckets for the pot up. Love the training on the plants and the end results. 

Great diary :chef:

• Like 4