My dinafem discovery and subsequent delight

blackpoolbouncer

I can see you tied the main stem once. This temporarily made it grow sideways but then immediately started growing up again, negating the point of doing it.

If you kept moving that tie so it kept growing sideways it would give the other branches time to catch up giving you an even canopy. 

What we are trying to achieve is all buds at the same level

• Like 4

On 13/8/2015 at 5:49 PM, blackpoolbouncer said:

IMG 20150813 173448891

Another day later, im hopefully gonna try and get a photo a day.

temps got a bit worrying hitting 34 degrees at canopy level this afternoon but with me checking them every few hours im quick on sorting it out. No biggie

Will be giving her her first feed of bloom tonight methinks at 0.5ml pl and cal mag at 1ml pl. At the minute its drinking 4 litres every 3 days which I am expecting to get up to 5 to 5.5 litres in full bloom.

I find with this compo ill be needing to ramp up the feeds fast once they have spent it so if it takes this ok the next feed will probably be 1.5ml bloom pl, then 3ml the feed after about a weeks time

@blackpoolboucer what u mean by saying 3 ml the feed ? 

And you was given to this plant 4 litre of water ? Are you sure ? Is equal at 2 bottle plus half ! It seem too much for me ?  I'm asking ... because this make me think !!!!

I'm giving her 1.5 litre every 2/3 days ! And with smart pot ...even run out ! 

This is what I don't get .... Could you explain to me please !!!!

• Like 2

@Sal81I'm quite sure @blackpoolbouncer means he increased the feed from 1.5ml/l to 3ml/l when he knew the plant/plants could handle this feed increase  :yep:

As feeding is every 3-4 days 4l is not a lot of water considering the medium used, pot size and dry out period between watering  :bong:

I'm sure the man will be along soon to answer more fully :)

All the best

Mark.. 

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

@Sal81I'm quite sure @blackpoolbouncer means he increased the feed from 1.5ml/l to 3ml/l when he knew the plant/plants could handle this feed increase  :yep:

As feeding is every 3-4 days 4l is not a lot of water considering the medium used, pot size and dry out period between watering  :bong:

I'm sure the man will be along soon to answer more fully :)

All the best

Mark.. 

Mate sorry my ignorance ... but biobizz grow is for feed plants too ? 

Or would you feed your plants with a product a part ...and use bio bizz as well ?

• Like 1

@Sal81I would use the bio buzz grow until the growth phase is over  (the stretch typically from day 25-45 :) . I would at day 35 taper down the grow feed and introduce my bloom nutrients :yep:

I do know some auto growers also add grow feed along with bloom feed on alternating regime's  :yep:

We need to find out what will work best for you :yep: and your grow style/environment 

All the best 

Mark. 

• Like 2

@Sal81 I mean giving 3millilitres of feed per litre. Id give the plant 4 litres.

Are you using just biobiz grow or grow and bloom as well? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

@Sal81 I mean giving 3millilitres of feed per litre. Id give the plant 4 litres.

Are you using just biobiz grow or grow and bloom as well? 

I do use grow.....bloom and top max ... but I'm not really happy with it ...

Or maybe is my way to feed is wrong ! 

I full up 5 litre of water and usually I put 1/2 ml per litre and I share for all 4 autoflower's I have got !!  

• Like 1

@Sal81 give them each a litre. Wait half an hour and go back and start watering again and see how much they hold then. 

Full size autos will drink one to two litres per day potentially.

• Like 1

Do I have give just bio bizz grow as a feed to my white widow ... consider that she doesn't have flower yet ! .

Instead my Moby Dick got pre flowers ...so should I start slow give bio bizz grow and bloom together !!! Right !? 

Nothing else ? 

I bought plants magic silicon ...and granules ... but I'm waiting for it the delivery !!!!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thank you @blackpoolbouncer for this thread. There is so much useful information i really appreciate it. What i also like about it is i feel like i now know you a little too. You really are living the dream with your day job (for me anyway). Spending my working life growing things is one pleasure that i aiming towards in the future, but being recognised and awarded for playing a part in maintaining a historic garden is something i can only dream of. 

I have some question about growing if you have the time to anwser them? 

Can these same techniques be applied to growing autos outdoors in a back garden? (in a bucket still).

Should i still train them in the same way? Will the sun rising / setting everyday change the growing strategy?

Are there any other growing considerations to take into account for outdoors auto plants?

Any recommended outdoor auto strains? 

any help would be amazing

thanks 

chris 

• Like 2

@Chris1977 All the techniques being used by @blackpoolbouncer can be applied to an outdoor grow :yep:

You may need to do a little tinkering and times may differ  (as outdoor autos tend to take 10-25% longer) but in general, the topping, training etc will all work in your outdoor adventure  :yep:

Now for autos outdoor :bong:

For the last 4-6 years our white widow and white widow xxl have been firm favourites for the UK climate :yep:

Have also seen these strains do very well :)

Auto critical+

Auto critical+ 2.0

Auto bubba kush

Auto haze CBD 

There are more and most of our auto line will do well mate :yep:

Hope this helps alittle and I'm sure @blackpoolbouncer will be along with his thought when he has time :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

Hi @Chris1977 Thank you my friend for taking the time to read the thread and im glad you found it useful. 

As for my day job, what can I say.  I am incredibly lucky to have the task of being the custodian of 50 acres of land and to try and create a haven and something beautiful at the same time. We have recently been given a gold award for conservation with special recognition and hopefully wider publication on the soil remediation program I am running. 

Over the coming years I will be turning what is now 20 acres of organic pasture land into a permaculture safe haven full of habitats ranging from wildflower meadows to native woodland and wetland with a special focus on biodiversity and fungal diversity. A conservation area of my dreams. Im even gonna tailor make a wee little area thats away from prying eyes by natural barriers for you know what.

For me my life is horticulure and it is all aimed at a final goal. My day job is a lifes work, as it has been for generations before me and as I said, im just the custodian taking it in the route I want to which is to preserve it for future generations and teach people the reason why its done the way it is. 

What my day job allows me to do is devote my life to horticulture, morning noon and night.  What this does is put me in good stead when one day I can put these skills to good use to grow the plants I want to grow but cant under uk law in my 30,000 sq foot not for profit facility providing organic medicine to those that need it most for cost or free.

My day job is just college 

All I need is a piece of paper apparently but they are pretty hard to get at the minute until things change lol 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 12

@blackpoolbouncer Thanks for dropping in and answering the question with such elegance. 

This country looks to be moving backward where the rest of Europe and the world are moving forward in regards to cannabis.

If things were legal many people would find work and we could make the UK great again lol

I do think after brexit we may see some change. I can hope :)

Thanks brother and hope you are keeping well :yep:

All the best 

Mark.

• Like 2