Discussions on Islam

Guest Livity

fair enough mate

maybe a comparative religion course might help .....you can get the best from all of them that way ,ot a philosophy course i think that would give you more to think over

that said if islam gives you something then go for it mate

lol I have just read back over this thread and it sounds like I'm about to convert, I'm not. But there is definitely more to Islam than I have been led to believe

Comparative Religion course not heard of that, will look into it

• Like 2

Guest bazzad9

@@chronic1

depends what you have been told .....i will add muslims today are not the best to ask

comparative religion is just the study of all of them (should be taught in school ,although i think its better now),looking at there history merits etc from an outsiders point of view

the trouble with learning from anyone religion is they tend to lie and distort history ,not all but if you take the time to check you may as well look yourself anyway

you can look at the older gods etc ......ill look with you if you want someone to discuss it with ,im always interested

any way good luck with your quest and if i can help in anyway even if its just giving another view on something let me know .....its an interesting topic

no they just send the drones over to do that. your ignorance is dangerous elo.

Yep they do and quite right, I've no problem with them sending over drones to fight IS.

Rather that than put our troops in the firing line.

It's your opinion that I'm ignorant to what the governments do its my opinion that your ignorant when it comes to Islam and the growth of extremists and extremist teachings within Islam.

I'm not for one minute saying every Muslim is bad, unfortunately though its these extremists that are heard all the time and not the Muslims who go about their life like the rest of us.

Dude, what fucking planet are you on? You are actually one of many sheeple they seem to have got there war mongering agenda across to.

I'm on the planet where in my opinion the biggest threat we currently face is Islamic extremism? Are you going to tell me I'm wrong, is there something out there that you consider more of a threat, and don't say the governments, that would just be silly.

Edited by ELO

Guest bazzad9

@@ELO

the biggest threat you face is islam ????

your more likely to be hit by a bus .....or get arrested and not survive

islam is no threat to you what so ever they are i minority in terms of religion and religion itself is shrinking in numbers ,the world would have to suddenly change for some reason for them to be a threat

you could get mugged crash your car choke on your dinner all ,far more likely than to die at the hand of islam

Religion is important in a way.

It helps keep people in line, and to learn respect.

I have found the families I have known to be religious have a far more harmonious household.

Also I have notified children belonging to Islamic families on the whole are far better behaved than your average white/Christian child .

If I'm honest the behaviour of the average white British family on the whole is awful. Say what you like but Islamic families seem to be better people for society than most of the people I went to school with.

I think back to my mate who practiced Islam , his dad wouldn't let the sister out past 10 and she had to wear respectful clothes. She was 18. My other mates sister who was your average middle class child was allowed out until after midnight, she was allowed to drink and wear what she wanted aged 16.

Horses for courses. But from what I've found Islamic people are good honest people with decent morals. Pity more people arnt like that.

• Like 3

Guest bazzad9

But from what I've found Islamic people are good honest people with decent morals. Pity more people arnt like that.

i would go so far as to say most people full stop ,regardless of race ,religion etc

@@ELO

the biggest threat you face is islam ????

your more likely to be hit by a bus .....or get arrested and not survive

islam is no threat to you what so ever they are i minority in terms of religion and religion itself is shrinking in numbers ,the world would have to suddenly change for some reason for them to be a threat

you could get mugged crash your car choke on your dinner all ,far more likely than to die at the hand of islam

Pretty sure your wrong on both counts being that Islam is the second largest religion with 1.6 billion followers, Christianity is the biggest with 2.2 billion and Islam is currently the fastest growing religion on the planet due to converts and the amount of births into Islamic families.

Edited by ELO

I'm on the planet where in my opinion the biggest threat we currently face is Islamic extremism? Are you going to tell me I'm wrong, is there something out there that you consider more of a threat, and don't say the governments, that would just be silly.

Threat to who and what exactly and what on what level do you mean ?

Be specific because the world wont come to an end if everyone converts to Islam nor is it going to take over the world anymore than any other religion has been able to or ever will.

You do sound like the western media panic circus yknow. Dont sweat it, its just the current boogyman your conditioned and being taught to fear, same as they are taught similar in reverse.

Islam hardliners will become less of an issue as it is forced to moderate and adapt in other cultures. As more become educated and general standards of living increase the less of a hold these extremists can have over a population, then they become marginalised until finally its no longer an issue. Its no coincidence extremism comes mainly from a poorly educated/informed population and poverty stricken areas, just like the past in Europe and the rise of the Christianity, then Catholicism Same issues, same problems, same solution.

The only thing you have to fear is... fear itself.

Yep they do and quite right, I've no problem with them sending over drones to fight IS.

like I say, your ignorant. they have been sending drones over to the middle east for years. absolutely nothing to do with fighting IS.

at the end of 2013 it was estimated that 2400 people had been killed by american drones, between 500 and 1000 were innocent and as many as 200 were children.

• Like 3

like I say, your ignorant. they have been sending drones over to the middle east for years. absolutely nothing to do with fighting IS.

at the end of 2013 it was estimated that 2400 people had been killed by american drones, between 500 and 1000 were innocent and as many as 200 were children.

I'm not ignorant at all I understand perfectly that innocents get killed on both sides, like the 2 hostages today who were innocent or the recent beheading innocent people in the name of Islam or or the Christians slaughtered by IS in the name of Islam so again I have no problem with drones hitting IS targets.

What would you rather we just stay out of it? Let IS kill who they please, would you have let them try and get across the Turkish border and kill Turks?

Religion is important in a way.

It helps keep people in line, and to learn respect.

I have found the families I have known to be religious have a far more harmonious household.

Also I have notified children belonging to Islamic families on the whole are far better behaved than your average white/Christian child .

If I'm honest the behaviour of the average white British family on the whole is awful. Say what you like but Islamic families seem to be better people for society than most of the people I went to school with.

I think back to my mate who practiced Islam , his dad wouldn't let the sister out past 10 and she had to wear respectful clothes. She was 18. My other mates sister who was your average middle class child was allowed out until after midnight, she was allowed to drink and wear what she wanted aged 16.

Horses for courses. But from what I've found Islamic people are good honest people with decent morals. Pity more people arnt like that.

I put it down to cultural backgrounds rather than just religion, your describing most Asian/SE Asian families as well there not just Muslim.

Your also not mentioning the fact that girls dont have anything like the freedom boys do or equality regarding the sexes in any of these cultures.

I know plenty of Muslim families and whilst the girls are nearly always a credit to the family the boys often arnt any different to the rest of us.

• Like 3

Know plenty of Muslims and am good friends with a fair few. Although their classed as Muslims its abit like the Christians of today and they don't pray 5 times a day n stuff. They do however choose to not drink alcoholic drinks and stuff. We banter each other all the time and if you heard it youd think they was an extremist and i was a racist lol.

I think all religion is a form of control from the days when people wasnt educated and it made it easier to control them. Anyone know if there has been any studies done on those who follow a religion and those who don't iq test.