Blue Cheese

Dinafem-Mark

Just to add. This plant has been in the jars for two weeks now.  It is perfect. The smell is absolutely gorgeous and you just want to keep on smoking it for that amazing blueberry skunky taste.  The trouble is it has increased in strength somewhat and is more of a knockout hit than it was. Very very relaxing after the initial burst of euphoria. The stone off of this cut straight through the super silver and strawberry amnsesia and made me ready for sleep. Fantastic 

Edited by Rampa Green
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rampa Green said:

The trouble is it has increased in strength somewhat and is more of a knockout hit than it was.

I do think Blue Cheese is underestimated after a cure it's a very strong strain mixed with those fruity flavour and skunk taste ;)

Thanks for the feedback brother.

Enjoy that cheesey goodness  :yep:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi currently doing a 2 plant scrog in a 4x4 area this strain im 28 days into veg and plants are looking very healthy. I have 2 questions given that this is a very stretchy strain how much net would you guys think I should fill up before the flip? im thinking 50% but is that enough I have no idea lol. And my second question 1 of the plants has a really strange (but I think good) characteristic and im wondering if clones would carry this on.At every node where you would normally get 1 shoot on each side this plant is knocking out 2 on each side I think its called a quad whorler but that's a shot in the dark I was high as fuck when I was reading up on it lol thanks in advance would cuttings have any chance of this and is it a good thing anyway? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, michaeldbc said:

Hi currently doing a 2 plant scrog in a 4x4 area this strain im 28 days into veg and plants are looking very healthy. I have 2 questions given that this is a very stretchy strain how much net would you guys think I should fill up before the flip? im thinking 50% but is that enough I have no idea lol. And my second question 1 of the plants has a really strange (but I think good) characteristic and im wondering if clones would carry this on.At every node where you would normally get 1 shoot on each side this plant is knocking out 2 on each side I think its called a quad whorler but that's a shot in the dark I was high as fuck when I was reading up on it lol thanks in advance would cuttings have any chance of this and is it a good thing anyway? 

Hi mate - Blue Cheese can do some stretching when that switch is flipped to 12/12 so I would aim at 40-50% of the scrogg screen filled. Then when flower is started that screen will fill out fast ;)

Your 2nd question. If you take cuts those characteristics should be passed onto the next generation  :yep:

With that said it sounds like a mutation and do you want to pass that along?

Can you share any pictures please? Would be cool to see ;)

Mark.

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Hi mate - Blue Cheese can do some stretching when that switch is flipped to 12/12 so I would aim at 40-50% of the scrogg screen filled. Then when flower is started that screen will fill out fast ;)

Your 2nd question. If you take cuts those characteristics should be passed onto the next generation  :yep:

With that said it sounds like a mutation and do you want to pass that along?

Can you share any pictures please? Would be cool to see ;)

Mark.

large_banz.jpglarge.5ce5bcd30dae5_p5(2).jpglarge.5ce5bcd120962_p5(1).jpg

• Like 2

first 2 pics are of the mutant. second of its normal sister it has a slight headstart in growth. The mutant was started with intent for outdoor but I lost a seedling in 1 of my dwc buckets ( gush of wind+playing card) so emergency transplant had to be done with that from soil difference is minimal though cant see it becoming a problem 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey mate @Dinafem-Mark hope things are good with you! Way back I grew out BB Blue Cheese and found a Blueberry pheno, thing was delightful, just wondered what the chances were like I'd get a Blueberry leaning plant with Dinafems? Thanks bro

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Green demon said:

Hey mate @Dinafem-Mark hope things are good with you! Way back I grew out BB Blue Cheese and found a Blueberry pheno, thing was delightful, just wondered what the chances were like I'd get a Blueberry leaning plant with Dinafems? Thanks bro

I've not grown Blue Cheese in sometime but if my memory serves me right you have the potential of 4 phenos  :yep:

2 are very much pure cheese but with a more bulky flower structure  ;)

1 is 50/50 displaying traits of both strains in growth and end product is well cheesey with a blueberry aftertaste  ;)

Now the last one is way more BlueBerry leaning, stays very low compared to the other 3 phenos but does have that cheese taste you know with not a BlueBerry taste more grapefruit /citrus  ;)

Your after the 50/50 one I believe buddy, not to hard to find. Out of 10 seeds you should find her  :yep:

Let me know how you hunt goes my friend  ;)

Mark.. 

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

Thanks mate that's great to hear :yep: Last 20 beans of BB BC I just got one pheno that wasn't that great, happy to hear there's some variety to be had from Dinafem! These are now at the top of my to do list, old flavour I know but I lurv Blue cheds.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Green demon said:

Thanks mate that's great to hear :yep: Last 20 beans of BB BC I just got one pheno that wasn't that great, happy to hear there's some variety to be had from Dinafem! These are now at the top of my to do list, old flavour I know but I lurv Blue cheds.

When cheese or a cheese variant is grown and grown well you won't find a better strain  ;)

The UK got saturated with Cheese but every now and then I do love a bit :yep:

Good luck with your BC hunt my friend  ;)

Mark..

• Like 1

Your not wrong mate, I got some Blues growing ATM and the vegging plants need to be run through the carbon filter nevermind the flowering girls. I only dare open the tent for a second at a time lest the whole neighbourhood knows what I'm up to.

Yeah the market did get a bit heavy with cheese for a while, and it's always about, but when it's not? It's the only strain I truly miss and hanker for!

Thanks for the good vibes bro, you know when the hunt starts there'll be a diary up! Take its easy bud

• Like 1

On 03/06/2019 at 11:53 PM, Green demon said:

It's the only strain I truly miss and hanker for!

My dad was a huge cheese grower being associated with the Exodus crew boy's so growing up that's the main strain I knew. I wouldn't say I miss her or hanker after her but I do like a joint or 3 a few times of year mainly around my dad's anniversary of his passing  :yep:

A Fantasic strain but not one of my personal favourites ;)

On 03/06/2019 at 11:53 PM, Green demon said:

you know when the hunt starts there'll be a diary up! Take its easy bud

That's what I like to hear  ;)

Tag me when you start buddy and I'll happily follow along  :yep:

Mark..

• Like 1

I've used clones this time of a diff strain, but potentially looking at this for next from seed (never gone from seed).

Can I just grow from seed to crop I.e 6 plants from 6 seeds start to finish or have I got to fuck about starting them all, finding the best one, cuttings, then start?

Or I'd guess that's personal preference?

Cheers 

@Piglet My preferred method would be to germinate all 6 seeds, veg them, take cuttings of each and then flower either the seed plants or clones. Impossible to know which plant is "the best" until you've been through the process and flowered and smoked them. 

• Like 2

On 09/06/2019 at 9:51 AM, Green demon said:

@Piglet My preferred method would be to germinate all 6 seeds, veg them, take cuttings of each and then flower either the seed plants or clones. Impossible to know which plant is "the best" until you've been through the process and flowered and smoked them. 

Fantastic advice  :yep:

Thanks buddy  ;)

Mark..

• Like 2