Cannabis Cup 2013? Worth it or not?

mellowyellow420

Got back today and had a great time. The Expo was shit, glad I got a cheep ticket but as usual the atmosphere during cup week was awesome. Spent so much time laughing and talking to loads of different people and a cracking night with Owd and the wrecking crew. I just wish I had more time there this year.

It's such a shame that the heart is being ripped out of Warmoesstraat and so many coffeeshops are closing. The gravest losses will be Utopia, De Graal and De Kuil for me :sadwalk:

On a lighter note, I saw this guy on the opening night party I mentioned earlier along with Yako 440, John Sinclair and the Vipers and the most amazingly beautiful and talented burlesque singer.....ever! :wub: The party even had a vape fairy running around with a vape bag

Baba Israel - Lower East Side Festival 2013 - May 24 - Theater for the New City

• Like 5

Cup was a joke, but a great holiday still. Even if the weed burns with black ash and costs €16 per gram/joint. :wassnnme::rofl: The extracts were pricey, but some had some good flavors, nearly all needed to be purged longer. Two entries in the Extract Cup sizzled and sparkled when they came in contact with heat/flames, which I think should have been tested by the organizers before and excluded from being dabbed by everyone. Still, nice to be able to smoke in coffeeshops and meet people. :D A few pieces of hash were great, the Dampkring had Sensabile hash and another bit named Himalayaan Sudha. The Sensabile was the best import hash of the trip for me, but I did get a nice bit of Nepalese from somewhere... Best extract for me was the Maple Shatter, followed by the Johnny Dab, both from Dampkring. I would say for me Dampkring was the best for hashy smoke, but their weed wasn't amazing.

Edited by KingBlueRizla
  • Like 7

I bought tickets to the CC and then didn't end up going, still it doesn't look like I missed much.. lol

This was my first time in the dam and Mrs madgiz and I were very cultured and ended up doing more museums than coffee shops..

I did pay14 euros a gram for some Neville's Haze from the 420 cafe and it burned awful smelt and tasted like crap but was some of the best hitting weed I have ever had.. It really lifts you off your feet and is very electric and mind buzzy. In fact I was that impressed that I have come back home and bought a pack with 20% off from attitude..:)

• Like 6

Madgiz, I thought you had fallen into a canal or something! lol

Museums eh?...one day I may actually make it to the museums and stuff. Next time...deffo....and some decent grub for a change :eat:

I normally just hang out drinking loads of coffee in 420 and only buy very occasionally.

The expo was awful....as we drove towards the shiney glass building I just knew it would be held in a shitty run down abandoned factory somewhere behind it. It did however make me larf me tits off and it helped that I was hopelessly mashed :mashed:lol

• Like 4

My best smoke of the trip was the AG13 at Dampkring. It grabbed my attention because it smelled exactly the same as the ESB/HAZE I used to grow a few years back. It was nice to get something different to the lemon strains and it had a really strong up high. Smoked a fair few Kush's too and although some smell quite pungent the taste never seemed to translate to the smoke and the stone was a tad predictable. The Pioneer C7 was nice but was, in my opinion the same as Tangerine Dream from 2010. The strongest close your eyes weed I smoked was the Candy Kush from Kadinsky. It tasted like shite but was a proper sit you down Indica hit.

We had some proper laughing though, just ask StoneDuk. I've never seen a chap have to take his glasses off so much to wipe his eyes

" Did they have their cases with them " lol lol lol

Owd

Edited by Owderb
Spelling
  • Like 6

@@madgiz Did you go to the Rijksmuseum to see NIGHT WATCH? Very impressive it is and well worth a visit next time. Glad folk had a good time. I have heard of 27 mile of walking over three days lol way to relax that is peeps lol

med_gallery_54925_4054_371036.jpg

gallery_54925_4054_806018.jpg

Cheers :smokin:

• Like 3

Due to the fact I went to Amsterdam on my stag do and returned home 3 days before my wedding with a love bite I will never be able to return to the scene of the crime so I appreciate any pictures lol

@@Owderb, and anyone else did you buy any seeds on the strength of anything you smoked out there?

• Like 3

Not a chance mate. Its very rare you're getting what you smoke in a pack of seeds. They need to keep making a lot of money out of the few clones they use for their top shop weed.

Owd

• Like 2

Had a great cup myself although the expo was garbage. lol Went with really kl lads and also met a fair few. I put a little "experience in Amsterdam" post up in OG's forum. Worth a look if you like oil and glass...

@@Owderb hi m8, did you find the ceres Hill then? Hope you's enjoyed the rest of your trip!

Zion :haveadab:

• Like 2

We had some proper laughing though, just ask StoneDuk. I've never seen a chap have to take his glasses off so much to wipe his eyes

" Did they have their cases with them " lol lol lol

Owd

I hadn't laughed so much for ages, was a right good tonic lol lol

The look on your faces as you patiently waited for me to make some sense. It just wasn't going to happen, the sentence was too long and I'd lost my way down a road of rambling bollocks lol lol lol

• Like 3

They don't even have it on the menu mate. Gutted and a bit strange tbh seeing as its a cup winner. Bet they can't replicate it. Yeh we had a great trip and was good to meet you and the tribe. :)

Owd

• Like 2