Cannabis Cup 2013? Worth it or not?

mellowyellow420

Me and a couple of friends booked up to go to Amsterdam at the end of November a good while ago. Earlier on tonight my mate text me saying the week we are in Amsterdam is the week of the cannabis cup.

Has any one on here been to a Cannabis Cup before? The tickets are pretty expensive, are they worth the money? I had a look and you can buy a day pass for 50 euro, would this be a better option? I'm torn, as much as I think the Cannabis Cup is rigged( Greenhouse/Barney's winning something every year and producing garbage seeds) I would still like to say I have been to one. Anyone thats been in the past, would it be worth while getting a day pass or just give it a miss?

Are any other UK420er's going to be in Amsterdam for the Cup?

every year i hope to go then something comes up. Fingers crossed for this year though.

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 1

I've been in Amsterdam for the last 2 years during the cup and still never made it to any events :stoned:lol

Last year was a bit subdued on the cup front and some guys I spoke to thought the expo was small and unimpressive. This may have been because of all the wietpas shit though and Barneys didn't even bother entering anything. I still had a great time though, just glad I didn't waste any money at the expo.

The year before though, it was all abuzzing and when I went for my usual barneys breakfast experience they were passing around massive volcano bags. Had an unforgettable evening in Cafe420 as well, listening to poetry by John Sinclair with an acoustic band :mashed:

Hopefully this year will be better organised and breakfast at Barneys will be back on with a big side order of vape clouds :bong:

Oh yeh, there are gigs put on at the Melkweg as well :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Ive got myself tickets for tickets to fly out for the last 3 days of the cup :toldya: im actually quite excited as i wasnt sure when i was going to get a chance to get back over there again its going to be nice to get away. Ive only been once before over 4 days and managed to get a good chunk of the city centre covered but i thought it was mainly the more well known places like barneys, dampkring, bulldog. Is there any particular cafes someone could recommend that stock strains a little less commercial some blinding sativas would be good or some good hash that isnt 40-50 euros a gram. What is the difference going to be over there being as its the cup week, as im not too sure what the cup entails.All in all though i cant wait to smoke some new strains and meet some of the people over there, had some interesting conversations the last time i went. Also wondering, if theres anyone else from here going over there this year ? :cheers:

• Like 1

Been many times but never went to the cup. I'm always changing but these are my favourite coffeeshops at the moment.

Paradox , I would recommend the finger hash made from SSH.

1eHulp is a great place to hang out. There Casey jones is lovely.

Katsu is a bit out of the way , but the Pijp is a great area. They use to sell some great black widow . Great menu for traditional hash.

Grey Area always has top shelf smokes but expensive and always packed. More of a buy and fly for me.

Old spots like Mellow Yellow or the Noon are good to drop by. S5 Haze is the ticket.

If you like good grilled meat the best in town is Cafe de Klos. The Normal not Smoked Ribs are top notch!

For fast food I hit Falafel Maoz, best Falafels in the world hands down, no hunger after the unlimited salad bar.

Oh yes Voyagers is a relative new coffeeshop , well a few years open now. They have again nice weed, the staff are sound , especially Danny Stone who owns the Stones coffeeshop and Bar too.

Now will I head back before or after Xmas. I do prefer it from spring on.

Enjoy

• Like 1

@@Embryo :clapping: Quality!

Went for the cup in 2008, but didn't really get too involved. Only went to the expo on one day, got a nice t shirt. :D Looking forward to this years, haven't been to Dam in a few years now. :D Gonna smoke loads funky traditional hash and long Sativas. :yahoo:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I think we get there Monday 25th and leave Thursday. I can't justify a week in Dam, far too costly. :D

Just seen the exchange rate is close to 1.6 for the dollar. Making the pass a bit cheaper. Now if only the Euro can make it to 1.2.....

Edited by KingBlueRizla

• 2 weeks later...

Been to the dam many, many times. A couple of them during/around cup week. Never bought tickets for or attended the cup itself. That is until this year. My ticket/judges pass is booked. Hotel booked. Really excited to be going to the cup for the first time. It might be the first and last time I go to the cup but you never know I might attend every year after having a blast.

In over 30 trips to the dam stretching over 25 years I'm now as excited as I was on my first few visits. Aim to make the most of my ticket as it is expensive enough. Will be judging/voting in the cup. Not that it matters by all accounts. However one of my favourite coffee shops - Voyagers is entering this year so will be rooting for those guys. They are sound. Good weed there.

While I'm there I'll be taking a last chance to visit some of my other fave shops that will be slated to close at the end of the year. De Graal and Utopia being two of the main victims I'll miss the most. :sadwalk:

I'll be in Voyagers daily if anyone wants to meet up and compare notes.

I've just moved back there and been just about every year since the '70s and, as I say to peeps, if'n you ain't been then don't knock it 'til you have and if you've never been..................then why not ? It's fun and yes you can spend a lot of money having a pretty cool time, remember it's nothing like a UK weed gig.

I'll be back for the CC this year as I'm taking my daughter this time :oldtoker: