some drawings

FunkyJazzJesus

most of them probably take about an hour (lots of detail) or under, it varies, sometimes i start one then come back when i can be arsed/have the feeling, recently i've been going on a spree which i enjoy because i can go really long periods of doing nothing, really appreciate the comments and thank you!

• Like 3

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FunkyJazzJesus

• Blayz'd

• Twine

• Tiernan

Seems like u make a good team u n ur missus :yes:

How are you with colour? I like to sketch and draw and consider myself OK as long as the drawings are monochromatic. Every time I try and experiment with colour everything I do looks terrible and child like lol. Just wonder if thats common?

hahah aye, well i coloured that lightning one but it depends on the medium i choose to colour firstly, i'm probably alot better with paints as you can control them and change it as you go, alot of the way i draw also add's detail that colour would normally be replacing, i often draw without colour so i put lighting effects, texture and that sort of thing, where as with colour, the line drawings usually would become extremely simple and dunno, i'm abit weird with it, i like the challenge, when something is too easy it often feels like i'm cheating, alot of the stuff i've drawn recently, i've drawn for the first time so i don't know if can draw it or how it's going to come out. Generally i like to just draw what i can and not stop, don't enjoy copying things detail by detail and that or in this case sitting trying to stay within lines with colours, abit lazy in that regard or impatient cause i just draw, i don't try to make it totally perfect, i just draw straight onto the page and adjust as i go, i make loads of mistakes but i don't care as i said it feels like i'm cheating if i draw it simple then go over it and all that kind of bollocks, it forces me to just be able to draw well straight up and saves my impatient arse time.

With colour it seems like you need to get good combinations and if not experienced very much, it takes alot of playing around and realising the mixtures, it's actually really complicated the more you think about it and with drawings, i tend to just let my brain go and not think at all, it makes the whole process so much easier, it's taken a long time of pissing around to get to that stage though and mostly, i just like the creative part of the whole process, i'm not too concerned if things look realistic or any of that bollocks, i like new ideas and seeing new things.

Edited by FunkyJazzJesus
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Muchos admiration for your art man. Check out Gustav Dore. He's an ink printer and a bit dated. But you follow the same sort of busy layout as him making them interesting to look at.

• Like 1

great observation mate, he's my favourite artist! Thanks for all the comments, i am especially chuffed by that one though.

Edited by FunkyJazzJesus

• 2 months later...

There was a sub hum ans album cover and i think this stuff reminds me of it. You should Google images and have a look bud. Great work. Keep it up. ;-)

Furthermore your language and spelling are excellent. You are a clever and articulate individual. Enjoy. I have.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...