Cream Mandarine ® | G. Poison Auto ® | Black Jack Auto &#174

senzi

So then....

After 2 months of non stop research and gathering kit i'm ready to get my first grow on

I've decided to go with auto's as I'm working in a small space and have seen some great results from other users on the board using similar set ups.

Set up :

Dr60 II ( 60 x 60 x 160 )

4 " Ruck ( L ) and Rhino Filter

125w CFL ( Veg )

250w HPS / Maxibright digi ballest ( Flower)

Hygrometer

Tube Heater & digital Thermostat

0.7 litre starter pots / 6.5 litre final pots

PM soil

OT Grow & Bloom

Bio Silicon

PM Granuals

Seeds

I have chosen to go with Sweet Seeds this time round as they seem to be very reliable and produced a wicked smoke, I couldn't decide on a strain so ended up picking 3 -

Green Poison Auto

Back Jack Auto

Cream Mandarin

My rough plan

Germinate 5 seeds. Once in the tent for first 14 days under CFL 24/0. Around day 14 pot up to final 6.5L pots adding PM Granules and swap the light to 250w HPS which will run 20/4 for a further 2 weeks after which will drop to 18/6 but we will see...

I only plan on taking the 4 most healthy plants through till the end as i'm in a tight space.

Feeding

Bio Silicon - .5ml per 1L water for first 3 weeks

PM OT Grow - 2ml per 1L water for weeks 3 and 4

PM OT Bloom - 2ml to start on week 5

I'm hoping some fellow auto growers are going to step in and help me along the way as I said, I have done my research but its always good to know some experienced hands are watching over.

I'm hoping I can pull 3 to 4 oz from this grow, thats all I need to be honest, just enough to keep me away from the damp shit weed at £10 or 0.8g people are shifting around here

So any way.....

gallery_75296_5394_43008.jpg

Yesterday at 11am I stuck my seeds into soak -

Green Poison x 1

Cream Mandarine x 2

Black Jack x 2

I've checked on them this morning but no sign of any tap roots, I has hoping to stick them in soil tonight when I get home that will be around 36 hours in water.

I'll get a few pics done and get them up as well.

PS - I would like to thank everybody that has helped me by replying to posts and the PMs i've been sending out over the past couple of months

Cheers for stopping by

Senzi

:shuriken:

( This diary is also in the grow diary forum but I will also post a weekly update on here too )

Edited by senzi
  • Like 4

Best of luck chum. I have always grown under 250 w bulb and with Sweet Seeds get up to 90 grams of dried smokable nuggets off 1 plant. I have to keep bulb close for good yield and watch heat and humidity and away you go. I start seeds at about 15 inches from bulb and after a few days keep bulb about 12 inches from top of plant. Works for me and get best results at this height. I have diamond reflector which throws down some heat but have 7 inch fan blowing up into it. I dont let fan hit plants or they can wither and die when young. I germinate seeds in between 2 pieces of towel, I find this best material, in a sealed plastic chip shop container, this gives good humidity, at 26 degrees, I normally get 100% germination this way but every one have own method.

If I read you right you want them to sprout in water and then plant? I think people soak in water 12-24 hrs then do next stage before sprout, place between material or plant in soil, too much water can kill. I dont soak I just place between damp towel. Please check out dood, every one have own way but I not heard of seeds in water 36 hours., I could be wrong. It needs warmth, water and air to germinate in the form of a warm humid place. Where is your air if you try germinate in water?

Just keep it up dood, people on here will help, man you want 3 - 4 oz this grow, you be able to get 3 oz a plant before you know it. I had 3oz a plant feeding with tomato food.

Once again good luck Chum.

Edited by Grow Chum
  • Like 2

Hey man cheers for the advise :smokin:

Been looking through your diary actually, all going well I see !

I am following advise from Serpants guide, and also seen a few other people soaking seeds for up to 48 hours the planting into soil... I hoope I havn't drowned the fekkers already :wallbash:

I just had another peak and a couple are showing signs of cracking. I'm going to get them into there pots n soil in the next few hours then into the propagator with heat mat set to 25c and hope for the best!

Cheers for looking in

Senzi

• Like 1

Chum am not used to that way, I just didnt want ya to drown them, if you seen it done then it can be done. I have explained my method. When I tried soaking it did not work but some people swear by it. I finally tried most ways and found my method for me. Some times it hard at first, you need good reliable seeds to learn your process. Good look dude.

When I plant I spray them lightly for a few days, no heavy watering, you will find the way mate, when I was working a few weeks back i had to leave newly popped up seeds all day with no spray till I got home under 250 bulb and they were ok.

Glad to hear they cracked, you should be fine.

I would like to add when I use to keep 250w bulb 18 inches away from plant I used to get 30 grams a plant moving it to as close as 12 inches has increased my yield to an average of 60 - 90 grams per plant off a Sweet Auto. If the light is a certain strength at 12 inches it is half that strength at 24 inches and so on. Your eyes wont tell the difference but your yield will.

Grow Chum.

Edited by Grow Chum
  • Like 1

Thats some cracking advise about light distance mate! I will defiantly bare that in mind, I have a clip on fan I can point at the light to keep things cool in there..

Sounds like you are getting some top class results growing autos :smokin:

Your plant is looking bloody lush at 25 days btw :guitar:

Cheeers

Senzi

• Like 1

I am Chum, autos great fun, but its a fine line between successs and failure when growing indoors. My method works for me, but when first I started to grow cannabis I just let it grow to understand plant dynamics before varying methods, but if you got a few plants on and a bit of space you can try various methods to see results but I would bear in mind trying to keep light close and same distance to all plants for accurate comparison.

When I say fine line between success and failure it not that hard to grow weed but simple change can sometimes have a big impact., like light distance.

I use a Diamond reflector, the manufacturer stated in leaflet in box to use 250 at 12-15 inches. I start at 15 whilst seed pops up after 3 days I can manage to drop to 12 inches from plant.

Just watch out for leaf curl or any heat/humidity problems, as time goes by it will all look after itself almost.

Grow Chum.

Edited by Grow Chum
  • Like 2

Thanks again for the tips mate

I will be updating as much as possible so you can check in and see how the ladies are doing.

I'm fairly confident I know what I'm doing, just a bit nervous when it will come to watering / feeding. Sure all will be good.

Peace

Senzi

• Like 1

Chum I am still experimenting with feeding, just tried Bcuzz range first time, if you get any problems post full size quality pictures on here and some one have the answer. Look at your plant if you give it too much water it will show you, give it not enough it will show you, feed it wrong it will show you. Check out healthy plants and just look at yours and they will practicly write it down to let you know there a problem.

PH problems are bad as they lock out nutrients so might as well be starving plant, I have a ph kit that cost £5 it can do up to 300 tests it has a bottle of activator. I have seen some ph kits for £5 that have only 5 activator capsules and only do 5 tests, a big difference.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you Chum, I remember my first grow and I do things a lot different now but I did not use this site then and that was a mistake, this site and its members are sound people.

Grow Chum.

• Like 2

Chum some nutrient ranges require a high phosforus/potash booster to be added last 3 feed weeks, I am using Canna pk (0-13-14) instead of Bcuzz bloombastic because it far cheaper than the bloombastic. Your range might have some booster or you can use canna pk or another range suitable for your soil. Your nutrients you have might be all you need am not sure but the PK last 3 feed weeks is the fattener. Some nutrient ranges the grow and bloom are mixed together through whole grow and a pk added and all xtras. Hope am not confusing you mate my Bcuzz A and B is similar to a grow and bloom and they are mixed equaly entire grow and other boosters available and the PK (13/14) added last 3 feed weeks to fatten, hope this helps mate, you may have it all and following a route,

My mate had a range for soil, it was 3 bottles, a grow and a bloom, they may of been used one at a time at differentt stages and a booster that was used with the bloom in the last 3 feed weeks,

Any way Chum if I said to much and confusing really just check out PK 13/14 last 3 weeks and see if your range has a booster with that PK, you will get better result.

good luck Chum

Edited by Grow Chum
  • Like 2

So this is what went on tonight..

Probably really a boring update but i'm excited about it .

After the seeds had been soaking for about 36 hours I popped them in some very lightly moistened PM soil, I only used about 200ml between the 5 pot

gallery_75296_5394_151557.jpg

Then into the propagator with a little heat mat keeping the soil temp around 20-23c.

gallery_75296_5394_66962.jpg

Heres the DR60 tucked away in the closet.

gallery_75296_5394_46608.jpg

They will be sitting in the dark covered until I hopefully see some heads popping up. Fingers crossed

Edited by senzi
  • Like 2

Hi senzi!

Very nice, thanks for starting this grow diary around here :yep:

Looks interesting so I'll keep passing by ;)

Sweet smokes!

tommy

Cheers Tommy hope I can do them justice

Nice set up

Cheers mate !

I have been a bit paranoid I didn't wet the soil enough when sewing the seeds last night, I think the bottoms of the pots are dry so added a bit more water today around the edges of the pots.

Should I just keep misting daily to keep the surface moist until I see some heads?

• Like 1

Well mate am not working so I gave mine a very light spray every hour but I have left them 8 hours, it hard to say every one loses moisture at a different rate, humidity and size of pots and type of medium the varying factors but I would spray early days rather than put water straight onto them just whilst they get a grip in soil. I normally plant straight into 10 litre pot that dosnt lose moisture as quick as your smaller pots and no need to replant. Too much water releases excess nirogen in soil. Try to keep soil as moist as a damp towel and they should be ok. The soil should not be dripping wet and if you pick some up you should be able to squeeze and get some moisture. Only experience will teach you. You can carefully put finger in down side of pot if you really not sure. Makle sure water you spray is same temp as grow room or you could shock plant. I keep mine in the shade in grow room.

Your roots need air, too wet soil and you can stump root growth, think of a wet sponge that is holding water but not loses water but squeeze and water available, have your soil like that and it should be ok.

Good luck Chum.

Edited by Grow Chum
  • Like 2

Thanks for the advise man that all makes sense..

I'll just keep an eye on them and give them a light misting when needed for now :smokin:

Cheers

Senzi

• Like 1