Laph's Easy Single Variac Fan Control

Laphroaig

I used to have a twin variac controller with atc panel, which I made years ago, but the pigs stole it so I'm looking to make another one, because my 12 inch fan hums like a b*stard on the ecotechnics controller ive got.

Question I have is- where are you buying your variacs from.

I'm struggleing to find the ravistat 2 amp ones for reasonable money - read under 60 quid each?

And I'm tight.......................

Any help please?

On 30/05/2018 at 8:10 AM, badbillybob said:

I used to have a twin variac controller with atc panel, which I made years ago, but the pigs stole it so I'm looking to make another one, because my 12 inch fan hums like a b*stard on the ecotechnics controller ive got.

Question I have is- where are you buying your variacs from.

I'm struggleing to find the ravistat 2 amp ones for reasonable money - read under 60 quid each?

And I'm tight.......................

Any help please?

Sadly it looks like the days of being able to find cheap Ravistat transformers from India are over, I think you're looking more like a ton each I'm afraid now.  https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/variacs/8902774/  it might work out a tenner or so more expensive than the rest but I like RS because they're usually with you the next day.

Edited by Laphroaig
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...