3rd Sweet Seeds Grow Diary Competition

Sweet Seeds-tommy

right wheres the thread for the diaries ..im ready to grow ,the wife and i have worked out a regime /schedule /theme for this years attempt at grower humiliation ..and theres gonna be a few new things to try and some genuinely awesome things i shall be experimenting with ..im about to turn the growing world on its head ...there that should shit a few of the contestants up ...oh shit i said that out loud ..oh bugger ..

• Like 3

Guest weedmonsta

i cant be bothered doing the maths..... but 1000 seeds, 9 seeds per person around a hundred people i think lol then theres the people who use their own seeds....

Edited by weedmonsta
  • Like 1

Could one enter the compo with there own brought sweet seeds? - I am not the best grower plus my first grow diary was shit. Just started some cream caramel and fast bud autos, Would rather not abuse the generosity of sweet seeds if theres a good chance I would proberly kill them before they reached maturity because I really am a shit grower lol but would love the chance to win if it they grow ok - who knows 5th time lucky :P

• Like 1

I've never seen this competition before, but there seems to be a lot of references to making the diaries a bit special and eye catching. Can anybody elaborate on this so I can get an idea. Are there any links to previous comps about?

• Like 1

I've never seen this competition before, but there seems to be a lot of references to making the diaries a bit special and eye catching. Can anybody elaborate on this so I can get an idea. Are there any links to previous comps about?

Check out the sweetseeds subforum there's diaries from the last two years im reading vince noir's now :rofl:

• Like 1

try this

• Like 1

Valid PMs received so far:

1 - ramblingmadman #

2 - billbud

3 - thisUncoliingMortal

4 - Evertondave

5 - DingoVirgin

6 - SaddamHussain

7 - bud_boi

8 - PauloLx #

9 - 0ska0

10 - Oddysee1

11 - Serpent #

12 - domingo

13 - dman4276

14 - LAMCHOP

15 - noxhit

16 - davie blah

17 - Nu Jerzey Devil #

18 - funkfarmer(sb)

19 - weedmonsta #

20 - smokie1 b c f c #

21 - silverskins

22 - Monkeymagic #

23 - ratdog #

24 - hicabuffy

25 - Greenclaws #

26 - hantshaze #

27 - stonedcold #

28 - Poacher

29 - wallydistemper #

30 - m2jlv II

31 - killergibbo

32 - gunner99

33 - postdestruction

34 - hazzyharry #

35 - DirtyLittleBilly

36 - Botrytis

37 - Digger '49

38 - bibs64

39 - JustPercy

40 - I_L_M_G

41 - passintime

42 - DR GREEN TEETH

43 - AustrianTokker

44 - vince noir rock n roll star #

45 - HEAVY_SMOKER

46 - La Viva Sativa

47 - Atomic Haze

48 - se7en #

49 - nelviss

50 - GwaanPlant2 #

51 - BongMonkee #

52 - spirit77 #

53 - Stoned Island

# = also entered last year contest (18 so far)

(list updated at least every 24h)

This users have sent a valid PM, confirmed they're intention in this thread, so can be considered as participants of our 3rd Sweet Seeds Grow Diary Competition. We'll start sending the seeds hopefully in the next 10-15 days.

gallery_44939_3322_6016.jpggallery_44939_3322_576.jpg

Edited by Sweet Seeds

Hi mates! :oldtoker:

Thanks all you guys!!

Couple or three questions...

1. If you win are you obliged to go on stage at the cup awards ceremony?

I don't think I'll win but if by some miracle I did, I don't think I'd want to do that bit!

2. Is the first prize just a trip for 1 person?

3. Do we know when these seeds will be sent as I want to start to germ my next grow in the next few weeks?

Hi I_L_M_G !!

Our friend hantshaze has already answered your questions (thanks hantshaze for being so kind) but I'll reinforce it bit...

1 - No obligations at all my friend. We always like that our winners go on stage to get their prizes but only if they feel good about it, of course. So far no previous winner had problems with that, they all went on stage, we have already delivered 7 cups to 7 winners from previous years and none of them had any problem after doing it. Actually, I'm one of them, hehehe, I won this same contest a couple of years ago. Anyway, maybe we would nominate other person to receive the cup for you, or it could be you nominating someone else. But don't worry, in the worst case scenario someone from Sweet Seeds (could even be me) would receive it for you... or hantshaze in case he's present in the event, hehehehe.

2 - We have it as a trip for one person but all the 7 winners of previous contests ended up taking a partner with them. You can ask hantshaze or Nu Jerzey Devil about last year... usually Sweet Seeds pays for the hotel for both the winner and the person that goes with him.. and actually everything else is paid, except for the plane ticket, which can be disccounted from the 500 euros money prize. Let's imagine the prize of the plane trip from where you live to Amsterdam (going in and coming back) is of 150 euros per person. You would have the possibility to choose to have a trip for 2 but instead of receiving the full 500 euros you would receive 350 euros. That's just an example.

3 - Tomorrow or Tuesday I'll speak with my colleagues from Sweet Seeds to know when can we start sending the seed. Hopefully much earlier than hantshaze mentioned but I'll tell you more about it tomorrow or Tuesday. I'll try to make a bit of pression so that the seeds are sent startingthis week.

what is the number of participants?

Hey se7en, my friend, how are you? Thanks for entering one more time ;)

Just like weedmonsta said we have a stock of seeds for the contest enough to have at least 112 contestants. Just like last year and the year before. Anyway you can see that in the end only 60 or 70 actually end up participating... and from those maybe only 30 finish their grow diary. I hope this year we have more participation but it will end up more or less like past years, obviously.

Could one enter the compo with there own brought sweet seeds? - I am not the best grower plus my first grow diary was shit. Just started some cream caramel and fast bud autos, Would rather not abuse the generosity of sweet seeds if theres a good chance I would proberly kill them before they reached maturity because I really am a shit grower lol but would love the chance to win if it they grow ok - who knows 5th time lucky :P

Hi mate!

Of course you can enter the contest with your own Sweet Seeds seeds or clones. The contest bases are clear about that, I think... have a look:

Sweet Seeds said: "...Users that did not receive seeds' date=' for one or other reason, can participate with their own Sweet Seeds seeds (or clones)[/b']..."

Mr_WigglesWorth: hello my friend, welcome to the Sweet Seeds subforum! The main reason we haven't yet decided to do that is as hantshaze explained... We could even do an outdoor contest only for UK growers but that could be tricky as we can't be sure if the plants are actually being grown in the UK. Anyway I'll talk about that with my colleagues when the outdoor starting time approaches. But you could participate with some autos grown outdoors from March to May, because the contest only ends in June and the bases mention nothing about outdoor grows not being accepted.

Well, I guess that's all for now. Any other doubts or comments please feel free to post them ;) Thanks mates!!

Sweet regards,

|tommy_g|

• Like 4

Hey 'Sup tommy and all @ sweetseeds.

Go on then i'm in! woopwoop! can't wait.

take it easy, peace. :hippy:

edit.

IceCool

CreamCaramel

GaneshSpirit

Many thanks, tar.

Edited by BongMonkee

HI Sweet Seeds , Thank you so much I love this comp as much as I love sweet seeds strains !!

Pm sent! cant wait to get going !!

Ive rebulit my micro set up especially for this comp :)hope you like it.

im hoping for cream caramel , ganesh spirit and ice cool:)

E2a forgot to send my telephone number? should I wiat for aa conformation PM and sendit then ? or resend my entry PM ?

Edited by beanpopper
  • Like 2

Id very much like to take part in this years comp. PM sent, hopefully hear from you soon.

Atb dodgee5

Thanx v.much for the chance Tommy, jules and the mods!!!!

• Like 1