3rd Sweet Seeds Grow Diary Competition

Sweet Seeds-tommy

.:|3rd Sweet Seeds Grow Diary Competition|:.

gallery_44939_3146_116966.png

Contest Bases :readtherulesbuddy:

• We will share 9 seeds with each contestant (until the seed stock for the contest ends), 3 packs of 3 seeds to be chosen among our varieties. The users that receive seeds will have to post a grow diary right here in this subforum;
  • Only users from European countries where seeds are legal are allowed to enter this contest (we are really sorry for all the others, but we can't break the laws, especially in a public contest);
  • We will only send seeds to the users that were previously registered in uk420 before the date of this post and with at least 10 messages posted in the forum. Users that did not receive seeds, for one or other reason, can participate with their own Sweet Seeds seeds (or clones), even if the date of registration in this forum is after the publication of this contest;
  • This year we decided to let the contestants do multiple grow diaries. So, if you have the time and will to do more than one diary, you’re allowed to post more than only one. Still, bear this in mind: quality is more important than quantity.

We will evaluate :tv_horror:

• The aspect/appearance of the plants;
  • Tidiness and general appearance of the grow room;
  • Quantity and specially quality of the photos, showing the growth evolution of the plants;
  • Originality of the methods, techniques and resources applied;
  • Frequency of posting;
  • Companionship and fair play demonstrated.

All grow diaries have to be finished before the 3rd of June. The winners will be publicly announced by the 5th of June 2012

:jester:Prizes :jester:

• First Prize: Weekend in Amsterdam. The period is June or July 2012, including plane ticket from every part of Europe, 4-5 star hotel in Amsterdam centre, a personal dutch guide to visit the best coffee shops, 500€ for personal expenses, and the winner will also receive the contest cup directly and live on the "High Life Cannabis Cup" stage, with the winners of one of the most famous cup in cannabis world. We remember that this cup is only possible to be visited by people who work in the cannabis industry. It also includes a dinner, free drinks all evening and the possibility to share a smoke with people from the most famous coffee shops and seed banks of the world;
  • Second Prize: 400€ of products that you can choose from our web site (sending expenses included in this money);
  • Third Prize: 200€ of products that you can choose from our web site (sending expenses included in this money);
  • From the 4th to the 20th Prize: Sweet Seeds prize lot, including 2 packs of Sweet Seeds of your choice (each pack containing 3 seeds) and a few more products from the seedbanks merchandising such as t-shirts, hats, lighters, posters, stickers, etc.

The High Life Cup is organized since 1999 by Soft Secrets and the High Life magazine, being one of the most desired and prestigious cannabis cups in the world. In this contest we have the collaboration of Soft Secrets (organizer of the High Life Cup).

But that's not all. This year we have another surprise...

:magic:

:lucky:.:|"Sweet Seeds Grower of the Month"|:.:lucky:

gallery_44939_3146_11326.jpg

!! 500€ every month !!

Every month* we offer an amazing prize to the "Sweet Seeds Grower of the Month". The winner gets 250 euros in cash and 250 euros in products from the Sweet Seeds online shop. (sending expenses included in this money)

*October, November, December, January, February, March, April and May

Rules for the "Sweet Seeds Grower of the Month" prize:

• In the last day of each month, the Sweet Seeds jury will nominate 5 contestants as candidates to receive this prize. In the same day a public poll will be started with the duration of 5 days (120 hours);
  • By the 8th day of every month the winner of the past month will be announced according to the poll results;
  • We will only consider as valid the votes from users who registered in UK420 before August of 2011 (August included as a valid month). As the poll will be public the Sweet Seeds team will check one by one the profiles of the voters, to confirm the registration date. All the votes from users registered after August of 2011 will not be considered as valid and will be reduced from the total. In the end, in the 8th day of every month, Sweet Seeds will announce the final result with only the legitimate votes;
  • In the eventuality of a draw situation the Sweet Seeds team reserves the right to give to their own panel of judges the power to decide who will be the winner;
  • Once elected as "Sweet Seeds Grower of the Month" the contestant can’t be nominated again for this prize until the end of the contest. By other words, each contestant can only be elected has grower of the month in one ocasion. But, obviously, will still be elegible for the final prizes. Actually, every winner of this prize will be a strong candidate to the final prizes.

Final notes:

- Sweet Seeds reserves the right of changing at any moment the method of election of the “Grower of the Month”, but will only do it in case the Sweet Seeds team realizes the poll election system available in UK420 does not allow for a minimum of veracity when it comes to decide who’s the winner.

- Sweet Seeds reserves the right of changing any detail on the bases at any time. But only if we think there is something we can turn better and never to reduce prizes or to make the contest more complex.

- The prizes will only be considered valid when we have 60 contestants with a diary started in the contest subforum. Until then Sweet Seeds reserves the right to don't consider the prizes. We think we'll have much more but, of course, we reserve this just in case.

- Prizes from the 2nd place to the 20th place will be sent to the winners in a maximum of 50 days after the winners are announced.

How to participate

To be accepted for the contest, besides fulfilling the requirements published on the contest bases, you should follow this 3 steps:

• 1 - Send a private message to Sweet Seeds;
  • 2 - In the PM you should specify: the 3 strains you want to receive for the contest; your name; a complete address; and a phone number for the delivery company;
  • 3 - Once you send the PM you should use this thread to confirm that you have apllied for this contest. You won't be considered until you express your will to participate in this thread.

Please don't send PMs asking questions about the contest or with comments. If you want to ask or comment anything about the contest, please do it here in this thread. Any private message with a content that could have been posted in this thread will not be considered nor answered. Please be simple and direct in your PM.

Here's an example of the PM you should send:

Hi Sweet Seeds! I want to participate.

My 3 strains are: "the 3 strains of your choice"

Name: "your name"

Address: "a complete address from where you wish to receive the package"

Phone number: "a contact for the delivery company to contact you in case you're not at home when they try to deliver the package"

gallery_44939_3322_6016.jpggallery_44939_3322_576.jpg

Let the games begin :headbang:

Hope you enjoy the contest! Good work everyone, keep it sweet! :oldtoker:

-

Edited by Sweet Seeds
  • Like 20

Valid PMs received so far:

1 - ramblingmadman + #

2 - billbud +

3 - thisUncoliingMortal +

4 - Evertondave +

5 - DingoVirgin +

6 - SaddamHussain +

7 - bud_boi +

8 - PauloLx + #

9 - 0ska0 +

10 - Oddysee1 +

11 - Serpent + #

12 - domingo +

13 - dman4276 +

14 - LAMCHOP +

15 - noxhit +

16 - davie blah +

17 - Nu Jerzey Devil + #

18 - funkfarmer(sb) +

19 - weedmonsta + #

20 - smokie1 b c f c + #

21 - silverskins

22 - Monkeymagic + #

23 - ratdog + #

24 - hicabuffy

25 - Greenclaws + #

26 - hantshaze + #

27 - stonedcold + #

28 - Poacher +

29 - wallydistemper #

30 - m2jlv II +

31 - killergibbo +

32 - gunner99 + #

33 - postdestruction

34 - hazzy harry + #

35 - DirtyLittleBilly +

36 - Botrytis +

37 - Digger '49 +

38 - bibs64 +

39 - JustPercy

40 - I_L_M_G +

41 - passintime +

42 - DR GREEN TEETH

43 - AustrianTokker +

44 - vince noir rock n roll star + #

45 - HEAVY_SMOKER +

46 - La Viva Sativa + #

47 - Atomic Haze +

48 - se7en + #

49 - nelviss

50 - GwaanPlant2 + #

51 - BongMonkee + #

52 - spirit77 + #

53 - Stoned Island +

54 - beanpopper + #

55 - dodgee5 +

56 - yamazuki +

57 - bugsy +

58 - ScumbagGardens +

59 - GerryK

60 - puglins +

61 - THC4METOO + #

62 - Amnesia + #

63 - bushmaster82 +

64 - wotnwhy +

65 - Scooby Snax +

66 - Chilli + #

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (to the previous contestants seeds should have already arrived, only 7 to confirm)

67 - r3d +

68 - Lucifer93

69 - redtilidie +

70 - aspire +

71 - Dougalis +

72 - Thicky +

73 - pukka bob +

74 - chemist +

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (to the contestants from number 67 to 74 seeds should have already arrived, only 1 to confirm)

75 - TheStoneDuk + #

76 - syanide #

77 - pete0000 +

78 - gthumb11367 +

79 - reg llama +

80 - Gland +

81 - cocoBEware +

82 - hahahaha1 +

83 - mr rhino + #

84 - Beckit +

85 - Juan Maria + #

86 - Bongaman +

87 - LarryT +

88 - Blayz'd + #

89 - windowsillowryder?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (from number 75 to number 89 seeds already arrived, only a couple to confirm)

90 - hell9 +

91 - jabahut +

92 - theweeman +

93 - ukblazer +

94 - davidbrent +

95 - Lesley +

96 - rosebowl +

97 - lazydays +

98 - New Model Army +

99 - solidopc +

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (from number 90 to number 99 seeds already arrived, all confirmed)

100 - huckleberryfinn +

101 - eltsonite +

102 - Loftman+

103 - L'Emmerdeur +

104 - Hiphip +

105 - wotsits

106 - girlysmoker +

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (from number 100 to number 106 seeds were already sent and arrived to almost everyone - only wotsits to confirm)

107 - rabid +

108 - Crowvxv +

109 - secretchimp +

110 - smokepuff +

111 - fearofsailing +

112 - Artificial Emotion

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (from number 107 to number 112 seeds were already sent and should have already arrived - only Artificial Emotion to confirm)

113 - nelly123 +

114 - smithy.smith +

115 - satyris +

116 - Seasick Steve +

117 - guerilla.growers +

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (from number 113 to number 117 seeds were already sent and have already arrived)

118 - Godspeed +

119 - callum1889 +

120 - Ganjaman17 +

121 - S.K. #

122 - SilC

123 - damien4480

124 - Welsh88

125 - ganjaMan

126 - bizzaro +

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (from number 118 to number 126 seeds were sent by the 5th/6th of January and should arrive between the 11th and the 18th of January)

127 - herbal

128 - amalthea

129 - LoBo

130 - Robbo

131 - Lake Palmer

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (from number 127 to number [?] seeds will be sent between th 17th and the 18th of January and should arrive between the 20th and the 26th of January)

# = also entered last year contest (32 so far)

+ = have already confirmed that the seeds have arrived (108)

(list updated at least every 48h)

This users have sent a valid PM, confirmed they're intention in this thread, so can be considered as candidates to participate in our 3rd Sweet Seeds Grow Diary Competition.

You can still enter, our stock of seeds for the contest is not over yet ;) (17-01-2012)

gallery_44939_3322_6016.jpggallery_44939_3322_576.jpg

Contest FAQ

Q: Are the Sweet Seeds autoflowering strains also eligible for the contest?

A: Just to make it clear for everyone... our Autos are also available for the contest and they do very well in indoor grows with HPS, but also outdoors in spring grows. As this year the contest only ends in June an outdoor grow with autos from March to end of May is surely an option for many growers.

_ _ _ _ _ _

Q: Do I have to do the 9 plants at a time?

A: You don't need to do them all, a grow with 6 plants would be allowed, but obviously the chances of winning are reduced. Anyway, a grow diary of a very good quality with 6 plants will get a better evaluation than a grow diary of medium quality with the 9 plants, so it is not a decisive issue. Also, as we allow for multiple grows and from October till June you have time to do 3 harvests, it is possible to do 3 plants from now to December, flower other 3 from January to March and flower other 3 from March to June. A 9 plant single grow is better, but we also allow for other options.

_ _ _ _ _ _

FAQ will be constantly updated with answers to the questions that you guys will keep on posting in this thread.

So please read it before asking, in case your question was already answered here.

gallery_44939_3322_123447.jpg

-

Edited by Sweet Seeds
  • Like 11

:yep:

Very generous prizes this year SS , very generous indeed.

PM sent (but no phone here ...)

i'd like to try wild rose , green poison and psicodelica

cheeers

• Like 1

I was to late for the last comp but hope to be in with a chance for this one. PM sent.

jack47, sweet cheese, cream caramel

some great prizes. thanks

• Like 2

hey..

impressed with the organisation it takes to set up and run this..so thanks guys..nearly nearly went for the cream 47 (!).. but have asked instead for stuff i've wanted to try for a while :

Psicodelicia, Sweet Tai and Ganesh Spirit for me..

thanks Sweet Seeds..PM sent.. :guitar:

• Like 3

PM sent :yep:

Asked for Psicodelicia, Jack 47, Cream Caramel Auto.

Should give me a kick to get back into photoperiod plants instead of doing Auto's all the time, and I really want a toke of the Psicodelicia :yep:

• Like 3

why cant mods be in the comp then,,seeing the mods arent gunna be judging nuffin i dont see why they cant enter

another top competiton from uk420 and sweet seeds,,,im real tempted

• Like 2

Hi mate!

Wow :yep: So many people just in one hour ;)

PM sent

Asked for Psicodelicia, Jack 47, Cream Caramel Auto.

Should give me a kick to get back into photoperiod plants instead of doing Auto's all the time, and I really want a toke of the Psicodelicia :yep:

Thanks Everton!

Just to make it clear for everyone... our Autos are also available for the contest and they do very well in indoor grows with HPS, but also outdoors in spring grows. As this year the contest only ends in June an outdoor grow with autos from March to end of May is surely an option for many growers.

Amazing generosity Sweet Seeds :notworthy:

Prizes that good makes sad to be a mod :sadwalk:lol

Peace & Light

Mrm :v:

Hi Mr Mullen! Nice to see you around!

Oh really? :rolleyes: I had no idea my friend... Our bases mention nothing about mods not being allowed to participate. But well, I don't know about your own rules, the rules of UK420 for moderators, so I assume that's why you're saying that. As many of you know we also do this contest in a spanish forum and there the moderators also participate... and we never had any kind of problem with that, it's all the opposite, the atmosphere tends to be even better. And after all, when the contest is over and the team of judges from Sweet Seeds decide who should win, they never look at who's mod and who's not. It is of the best interest for the seedbank to really choose the best grow diaries, because they'll be the "face" of the seedbank, as the winning diaries will be more viewd than other diaries, so obviously the Sweet Seeds team is the first to "wish" for justice when deciding winners. For us it would be no problem, but we respect the UK420 admin-mod-team decision ;)

And if you end up not participating, at least you can keep passing by and voting for the grower of the month prize :B):

Sweet smokes my dear 'ol friends!!

|tommy_g|

Edited by Sweet Seeds
  • Like 4

Hello Sweet Seeds,

Id love to have a bash, if possible.

Sweet cheese - Ice cool - Jack 47

I have grown out cream caramel and it is a delicious smoke, the smell is to die for also after a good cure, what im smoking at the min :spliff:

Cheers SS

Edited by bud_boi
  • Like 1

Thankyou for holding such a generous and enticing competition, I'm glad I'm not a Mod (Feel bad for you Mr Mullen lol). Anyway, I chose...

1- Ice Cool

2- Sweet Cheese

3- Jack 47

Good luck to everyone who applies.

sincerely

SH

• Like 2

Hi there all,great to see Sweet Seeds,another grow diary comp,making for some great posts and piccies.

Would love to enter but fear the fun police may put a spanner in the works after a recent bust-saying that i think my choices would be Cream Caramel,S A D,and Jack 47.

Best of luck to all who enter and great of UK420 and Sweet Seeds to get a superb vibe going.........B.

• Like 2