bitcoins

highgrower

And just 24 hours later bitcoins have broken the 60 dollar mark. At time of writing they are currently 62 dollars. On Sunday they were 48 dollars.That's some insane growth. I imagine a lot of people are looking ways to invest their money that doesn't rely on traditional banks, particularly with whats happening in south European and Russian banks.

Hey, just as I've wrote this post they have gone up another dollar! :guitar:

Guest Norris

kicking i didnt spend that grand now lol knowing my luck though by the time i grow the balls it will crash and burn

Got a grand saved and really tempted to invest in some bitcoins. I can see them becoming really popular as people get more and more fed up of the traditional banking system.

My only worry is that the corrupt bankers and 'elites' could get them pulled off grid :headpain:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Norris
lol no way it's gone up again :O surely they must crash right? How quicks that been now that they've gone from 62 to 67 :O

Guest Norris

Can you spend half bitcoins ect? I mean using these online to buy things would you not have trouble selling items that are worth alot less than the bitcoin? If that makes sense.

Can you spend half bitcoins ect? I mean using these online to buy things would you not have trouble selling items that are worth alot less than the bitcoin? If that makes sense.

There are only about 21 million bitcoins in circulation and that's all there ever will be. Bitcoins are halved to keep the currency going, that's in a very basic sense how it works. In doingso, the value of each bitcoin goes up, because there's more value in circulation and the same number of bitcoins.

Edited by soto

If you are interested in mining virtual coin try litecoin. You can still mine them on a normal computer. At the moment they are worth shit but 3 years ago bitcoins were worth shit and you could mine them on a normal computer. Now bitcoin is worth 135 dollars. And its only going to go up in the long term imho.

Virtual currency. Internet money. It's an idea of our time. One day in the future your grandchildren will ask why didn't you buy coins when they were so cheap :russian:

If you are interested in mining virtual coin try litecoin. You can still mine them on a normal computer. At the moment they are worth shit but 3 years ago bitcoins were worth shit and you could mine them on a normal computer. Now bitcoin is worth 135 dollars. And its only going to go up in the long term imho.

Virtual currency. Internet money. It's an idea of our time. One day in the future your grandchildren will ask why didn't you buy coins when they were so cheap :russian:

Yes I heard about Litecoin, I am tempted but I've heard they can be a bit vulnerable to attack.

Bitcoin were attacked today and they took a big hit, something like a third off the value so it's also a good time to buy bitcoins.

max keisers just tweeted about the dip /attack ..he says the next stop is $250 for bitcoin .and he aint been wrong about them yet .

• 2 weeks later...

i dont get it is that 250 bucks for 1 bitcoin. so how much would i be buying 1 bitcoin for? i remember these bitcoins from a couple years ago when i was on a dodgy forum for selling/buying different drugs it was a pretty good forum but lacked security although it was a very small community. a lot of people on there preferred bit coins. i never really looked into it tho. still dont really get it. back then you could buy them quit easily an quit cheap.

So i noticed today that IG Index is running a binary bet on these but looking at the chart i see these have lost half their value in a week why is that? Are any of the major spread betters running "straight forward" s/bets on them tia? ....ETA sorry that might be wrong ig just posted they are having problems with their bitcoin charts where do you folks get your live prices?

Edited by Jimboo