bitcoins

highgrower

9 minutes ago, Herbsman said:

Not correct, it took a year to retrace from 18k back to 3k.

Fair enough I didn't track it, just remember it happening. Pretty sure there were a few big fuck off drops though. 

I’ve been watching the show and it’s very entertaining. 

I got into Bitcoin in 2016 before the 2017 bubble so I’ve seen it go up and back down again and held on with iron fists. This is nothing. Watch the price go crazy this year, and if you get the opportunity to buy some with any spare cash I would. 

Bitcoin held in lost wallets is basically gone forever if the keys cannot be found. In the future they will probably be forced open as new wallets will gain future security measures to protect against quantum computing, leaving legacy wallets vulnerable. Until then it’s like a small donation to everyone that holds Bitcoin as an already scarce asset becomes yet rarer.

This year will be really interesting for Bitcoin. 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, sweettooth said:

it follows the price, if not more, demand is higher than supply atm. im gutted I didn't hang on when my $link was worth 18k, I would've had 1.5 BTC now worth almost $50k. Instead I'm floating around the 10k mark. But hey, crypto is full of could'ves and should'ves.

If your thinking about mining btc,  you either need a shit tonne of top of the range GPUs or a room full of asic miners but don't expect a big return, your electricity bill will be huge and you're mining against very big mining companies that have warehouses full of asics. 

Music to my ears that,, i rent a workshop for my cars and it includes free electric in the rent,, i know id get at least a year before they might change that lol and those antminers  s19 look very nice

• Like 2

15 hours ago, sweettooth said:

too many institutions invested now for it to slump. 2017 was retail fomo, this time its institutional. waiting for my alts to pump back up so I can get more btc

anyone thinking alts will be in competition to btc will lose money as btc absorbs all of them eventually .

xrp will remain for a good while but beware any new ipo`s ..

7 hours ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

anyone thinking alts will be in competition to btc will lose money as btc absorbs all of them eventually .

xrp will remain for a good while but beware any new ipo`s ..

xrp is fucked atm. every exchange delisting it due to sec lawsuit

• Like 2

12 hours ago, sweettooth said:

xrp is fucked atm. every exchange delisting it due to sec lawsuit

I'm not so sure its that fucked and bought 10k last night. It would not surprise me if Ripple settled with the SEC before moving jurisdictions and carrying on as before.  Reminds me of the old China bans bitcoin fud that used to happen

Looks like I need to stop being a luddite and step into the future. I know precisely sod all about crypto so will get reading :oldtoker:

Anyone holding HEX? I have a few customers that keep banging on to me to get some. 

9 hours ago, MonkeyBlazed said:

I sold about 25 bitcoins when they were £500 each

I bet you still made a nice profit on them. Did you keep a few?

On 04/01/2021 at 11:26 AM, Herbsman said:

I'm not so sure its that fucked and bought 10k last night. It would not surprise me if Ripple settled with the SEC before moving jurisdictions and carrying on as before.  Reminds me of the old China bans bitcoin fud that used to happen

Fair play, gotta admire your balls, hope Ur right man, but can't say I have your confidence. Grey scale just dumped all their xrp and haven't some of the big exchanges stopped listing it?

I tried a bit of trading last year, did ok but man was it stressful, I just DCA into ETH and BTC now with a little side bet on ADA.. and sleep much easier lol

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OLaC said:

I tried a bit of trading last year, did ok but man was it stressful,

Well done, if you did ok last year your good, it is not so easy to trade successfully in the market conditions that prevailed last year.

I am certainly not a member of the 'XRP army'  but I have done ok from it over the years, it (xrp) seems to pump regularly like good old DOGE.  This particular xrp trade was funded by swapping some other illiquid shitcoin that I have far too many of, so no huge risk.

• Like 1