bitcoins

highgrower

This amuzed me - i can see lots of people starting to mine bitcoins so not only growers will be bypassing the meters now!

hxxp://esspe.net/bitcoins-and-weed

Just in case you havnt heard about bitcoins - p2p currency - not lockoutable like paypal etc - no single organisation in control - they are special 'token' which take a pc quite some time to generate apparently 'the next big thing' internet wise.

From the above link:

[23:39] <black888> my friend that's a miner got raided by the police

[23:39] <black888> yeah they thought he was growing weed

[23:39] <srsOni> problem the massive heat/energy bill

[23:39] <srsOni> probably**

[23:39] <Xenland> they can legally do that just by massive power

consumption?

[23:40] <black888> apparently

[23:42] <black888> they didnt know what to think they searched the

house and left

[23:43] <black888> his power company reported him or something like

that

• 1 year later...

has anybody got any?

Search the forum, there was a post here a short while ago by someone who mined them (I can't remember his username, sorry).

pc mining?what next?pregnancy by internet? long time ago,when woman was first allowed to join the troops,my dad a ex marine said" you know one day they will have to build maternities a board the vessels"i said,fuck you dad...well 20 odd years late there was a birth on afgan camp by one female troop,so perhaps in 30 years time we will have babys making by net...roll on 2013!

Search the forum, there was a post here a short while ago by someone who mined them (I can't remember his username, sorry).

i let scribbles awesome search add-on do my dirty work. http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=102829 didnt find much of interest.

it seems one thread got locked or shut down due to some rule/s breach. im gunna have to re-read the forums rules.

se7en - u lost me

r3d - Pm you after ive read the rules

Lot's of people have bitcoins; they're becoming quite mainstream - infact France has just licensed the world's first Bitcoin Payment Services Provider (essentially a bank, minus the ability to offer credit) so it won't be long before you can spend them with your debit card in Tescos decent shops. bitcointalk and localbitcoins would be two places to look for further information on crypto-currency's. :wink:

Currently mining litecoins myself :spliff:

Edited by RilverSizlas

i let scribbles awesome search add-on do my dirty work. http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=102829 didnt find much of interest.

it seems one thread got locked or shut down due to some rule/s breach. im gunna have to re-read the forums rules.

se7en - u lost me

r3d - Pm you after ive read the rules

Hmmm, I've also just tried searching, to no avail. Maybe it was a removed topic or it was on the back of a topic totally unrelated so I can't find it. I'm hoping the author (it may well have been RilverSizlas) will recall. I should have searched myself before patronising you lol

Hmmm, I've also just tried searching, to no avail. Maybe it was a removed topic or it was on the back of a topic totally unrelated so I can't find it. I'm hoping the author (it may well have been RilverSizlas) will recall. I should have searched myself before patronising you lol

I took no part in that thread; I just happen to have a keen interest in crypto-curreny's :stoned:

Edited by RilverSizlas

i dint realise you were being patronising. no harm done.

i just felt it was an awesome opportunity to reshare scribbles awesome firefox add-on. Thx again!!

i never heard of litecoins til sizzla just mentioned them and while some say BTC are mainstream, others are saying bitwhat? so im kinda baffled.

Edited by eurasian_farmer

I took no part in that thread; I just happen to have a keen interest in crypto-curreny's :stoned:

Which thread are you referring to mate? I'm intrigued!

while some say BTC are mainstream, others are saying bitwhat? so im kinda baffled.

I may have exaggerated a wee bit by saying 'they're becoming quite mainstream' :stoned:

There are a few more places online, and many more physical stores (mainly independents in th US), that have started accepting them as a form of payment within the last year. Not quite mainstream yet but certainly making progress, as I mentioned before:

Virtual currency Bitcoin registers with European regulators

Site takes step towards legitimacy as euro accounts now subject to same protection as bank holdings

The virtual currency Bitcoin took a step towards legitimacy today as its eurozone wing joined the ranks of PayPal and Worldpay by becoming a registered payment services provider (PSP) under European law.

Under a deal made in France with the investment firm Aqoba and the Crédit Mutuel bank, Bitcoin-Central now has an international bank ID number, meaning the network will be able to send and receive transfers to and from other banks and issue debit cards for users.

In a post on the Bitcoin forum, Bitcoin staffer davout announced: "At Paymium we spent lots of time and energy talking about Bitcoin to our regulating bodies, the Banque de France, the ACP (French equivalent of the American SEC), TRACFIN (AML French supervising body) etc. We engaged all these resources with one goal in mind: get these people to know Bitcoin, advocate our beloved crypto-currency and listen to them, help them think until they finally reach the same conclusion as we did: there's nothing wrong with people being free.

"There's nothing wrong with people freely exchanging value, we don't hurt anybody, we're not forcing anyone to use Bitcoin, we simply want to see our dream and the future of money become a reality."

The virtual currency has seen significant growth since it launched in 2009 with an estimated 10.5m bitcoins currently being traded. One bitcoin is currently worth £8.54, after peaking at nearly £18 in June 2011, meaning the Bitcoin empire represents £89.6m of trading value.

Bitcoin magazine's editor, Vitalik Buterin, told the BBC the deal would encourage more growth and make it more accessible to new users.

It will also mean balances held in euros by Bitcoin central* will be subject to the same protection and compensation laws as cash held in conventional banks.

"The more we see governments and banks being willing to deal with Bitcoin, the more comfortable a lot of organisations are going to be making the step forward themselves," he said.

Despite a fiercely dedicated userbase in the tech community, Bitcoin's ubiquity and the anonymity of its users have also made it an attractive exchange platform for criminals, leading to a call by the US Senate in 2011 to investigate the site for tax evasion and money laundering.

The chairman of the non-profit Bitcoin Foundation, Peter Vessenes, said in October that the site was battling against barriers to more widespread adoption.

"There's a lot to love [but] … there are botnet operators, hackers, and Ponzi-scheme runners floating around our space," he said.

"As the Bitcoin economy has evolved, we have all noticed barriers to its widespread adoption – [programs] that attempt to undermine the network, hackers that threaten wallets, and an undeserved reputation stirred by ignorance and inaccurate reporting."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/dec/07/virtual-currency-bitcoin-registers?INTCMP=SRCH

*my own edit, hopefully for clarity, is in italics

Which thread are you referring to mate? I'm intrigued!

Curiosity kills the thread. :yinyang:

Edited by RilverSizlas

Curiosity kills the thread. :yinyang:

I reckon comments like that are more likely to do it tbh! :yinyang:

You do seem to know an awful lot about the subject though. I'll leave it at that because I'd hate to resurrect a thread of that nature!

Cheers :smokin:

bitcoins are really hard to get hold of in the uk, i tried and failed a few times, did have some luck once through a uk bank but that route was quickly shut down, now it seems almost impossible to get them. i tried to read up about mining them but it was way over my head :unsure:

if it wasnt for a certain illegal website the bitcoin currency would have crashed a long time ago, apparently that website generates aound 15 million pounds worth of bitcoin transactions a year :unsure: big up anonymous :stoned:

• Like 1