bitcoins

highgrower

Even more confusion.

they're not that difficult to get, they're just not as easy as changing pounds into euros or dollars.

if you know someone who has any spare it makes more sense to try and get from them than to set up new accounts with a half dozen online 'agents' and hoping for the best.

the current exchange rate is around 8 gbp, 10 euro or 13 usd per 1 BTC, while most agents will add a pound per coin for commission...

• Like 1

They're easy as hell to get ahold of!

Mtgox and intersango recently shutting down their free UK bank transfer option is a bit of a bummer though. Other ways mostly incur fees.

Did discover block chain recently though. Which allows deposits via Barclays ping it, although BlockChain still took a fee of 6% or so it worked out cheaper than also having the £10 + European or further bank transfer fee.

Probably spent around £4k on bit coins between me and mates in the last year. Insane!

• Like 1

the guy i get them from charges £9 summat pence but i get them within the hour

stoned whale i know what you mean me and a pal have gone through quite a few of these coins

what id like to know is does anybody know what happened to E-gold ??

i used that a few years ago before bitcoins

Edited by r3d
  • Like 1

They're easy as hell to get ahold of!

they definately are not, you only have to look on certain forums to see how many people are having difficulty trying to get them. theres no uk banks allowing transfers to any online bitcoin traders, ebay has just banned all the bitcoin sellers, paypal closes any accounts seen to be used for bitcoin transactions. even when intersango and mtgox were up and running getting bitcoins was still a right pain in the arse. easy as hell? dont think so

they definately are not, you only have to look on certain forums to see how many people are having difficulty trying to get them. theres no uk banks allowing transfers to any online bitcoin traders, ebay has just banned all the bitcoin sellers, paypal closes any accounts seen to be used for bitcoin transactions. even when intersango and mtgox were up and running getting bitcoins was still a right pain in the arse. easy as hell? dont think so

not quite true i know a guy uk based who will put them in your "wallet"within the hour

google local bitcoins cos i cant put link to it here

not quite true i know a guy uk based who will put them in your "wallet"within the hour

google local bitcoins cos i cant put link to it here

i can get hold of bitcoins! i have been mining them for like 12 months now

and egold went few years ago.. use libertyreserve

the last bitcoin thread got closed because people were sort of discussing if the quality of products they were buying were any good, so dont talk about that shit cause i'm intrigued by bit coins.

Just because people seem to constantly post all over the place asking about the easiest way to get them etc does not mean it is hard to get them.

Getting them in the UK is easy, theres loads of different websites all legitimately offering transfer services. The problem is pretty much all of these now charge, which if you are putting in sub £200 can add quite a percent to the total, and people always post asking looking for free ways. Which in the UK really is not possible I don't think. Intersango was virtually free, same with mtgox, pity they've gone.

Many methods can be done in less than an hour albeit some ways may require an activation / set up process than can take a few days.

It may cost money now, but its definitely not hard to get them. Once you know how, it is indeed, easy as hell.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Once you know WHERE to buy them, it becomes as 'easy as hell'

then you have to sieve thru the greedy sellers to find someone asking no commission... like me.

And while they say turnaround in 2 hours or so, my few experiences have been 12+ hrs til completion.

Hows the mining coming along cr0n1k?

A friend of mine gave up after a year or so and joined a 'crew' or a 'conglomerate' or something like that where they pooled their mining efforts but werent making much/many...

Edited by eurasian_farmer

i can get hold of bitcoins! i have been mining them for like 12 months now

and egold went few years ago.. use libertyreserve

whats the payback on this mining thingy matey ?

I have been watching Bitcoin for a while now.

There is a good podcast explaining the technical details on Steve Gibson's Security now podcast Episode #287

hxxp://www.grc.com/securitynow.htm

The problem with bitcoins is turning them into ready cash. The Banks do not want a transaction free currency and block it to protect bank profits.

Turning a large amount of bitcoins into local currency costs quite a bit in bank transaction fees.

What is needed is both a buyer and seller of bitcoins so they can circulate without the need for conversion into stirling.

Come on grow shops, get your fingers out.

Blank

I had a stash of Buttcoins bought a long time ago before it became a lot harder to acquire them, what with the banks etc clamping down on the vendors and money transfers. The main thing I do with them these days is speculate and accumulate, which is a long drawn out process but some fun and does yield you free internet monies if you're careful about when to buy and - more importantly - when to sell. I sure as hell made a lot more that way than mining, and it the electric costs are substantially lower.

They're no use to me otherwise though. I need to accumulate a lot more before I have enough spare to spend. Even when you do, there aren't very many places that accept them or are trustworthy. With time this may change. I hope so!

bitcoins are fairly easy to get hold of, if you use the tor browser, and look around on the silkroad forums.

Ive paid around 30p or so above the current exchange rate.

If only I had a massively powerful laptop and a workplace where I could plug it in hehe.

Out of interest how long does it take to mine 1 bitcoin?

Edited by iBMe

If only I had a massively powerful laptop and a workplace where I could plug it in hehe.

Out of interest how long does it take to mine 1 bitcoin?

Custom PC has an article in the current issue about bitcoins. According to them, you can buy a BitForce Jalapeno for $149 which mines at 4.5 GH/s, pays for itself in a matter of weeks, and represents the power of about seven regular graphics cards.

Edited by Eddiesilence
  • Like 1