bitcoins

highgrower

On 17/04/2021 at 7:13 PM, Davey Jones said:

Crypto isnt going anywhere we can be sure of that

Really? 

It’s definitely going places.. 

• 5 months later...

Such an awesome thread. The idea of mining i love, but the high price of the rigs, electricity, mining pool, plus fees for transferring and withdrawing crypto.

Like people on auction sites are selling rigs £5k+ and say they're making £600-£1000 a month or whatever. My first question is always why are they selling?

Mining your own money tho, i just love that idea. Like others i remember mining for a while near the start before deciding it wasn't worth it as i'd only managed to get a dozen bitcoins and they are £46k each today durrrr :doh:..i know i'm not alone tho! lol

Such an awesome thread. The idea of mining i love, but the high price of the rigs, electricity, mining pool, plus fees for transferring and withdrawing crypto.

Like people on auction sites are selling rigs £5k+ and say they're making £600-£1000 a month or whatever. My first question is always why are they selling?

Mining your own money tho, i just love that idea. Like others i remember mining for a while near the start before deciding it wasn't worth it as i'd only managed to get a dozen bitcoins and they are £46k each today durrrr :doh:..i know i'm not alone tho! lol

• 8 months later...

sold 10% of mine between 65k and 40k usd.

bought a tiny bit of land, built a house between 2 lakes in a teak forest and weeds just been legalised this month so we're about to set up some serious grows.

by the time we're chopping itll be almost time to start buying btc again!!

• Like 6

• 2 months later...
On 30/06/2022 at 3:55 PM, eurasian_farmer said:

sold 10% of mine between 65k and 40k usd.

bought a tiny bit of land, built a house between 2 lakes in a teak forest and weeds just been legalised this month so we're about to set up some serious grows.

by the time we're chopping itll be almost time to start buying btc again!!

Hope you're doing well buddy, nice meeting you that time,  definite advantage being able to speak Thai 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I found an old PC tower from years ago and remembered messing around downloading BitCoins but i only did it for about a week before thinking it wasnt worth it . This would be around 2012.

Anyroad, i tried to fire up the old pc but it wouldnt boot up so i ended up buying an external HDD dock.

Good news is ive found 2 Wallet.dats

So i then downloaded BitCoin Core and Synchronised it which took 2 days.

Now i didnt realise when until i started the synchro that i needed 300g to d/l the whole blockchain. I left it downloading in any case overnight and expecting to see an error in the morning , something like "Could Not Complete as Insufficient Volume" but no... it had fully completed (or so i thought)

So then i added the wallet.dat into BitcoinCore but it will not read it - giving me an error message and i noticed the word "Pruning" in there....

I researched and it seems because i didnt have the full 300gb spare for the Blockchain its downloaded a slim downed pruned blockchain with not all the nodes on it?

I put the wallet.dat into a reader and i see pages of addresses but im only able to view the first few (unless i become a Premium Member). But none of the first half dozen BitCoin addresses have any value eg £0.

I'd like to know what the value of the others are but don't have a 500gb hardrive for the Blockchain so don't know what to do.

If anyone has any ideas would be grateful.. I'm holding off booking The Bahamas for now :/

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...