How Many Plants In My Space

Owderb

Just now, Alys said:

I have been watching some mainlining videos

forget that mate, total waste of time, more a visual/vanity project imho

just top them regularly and weave through the net, it's easy really

• Like 3

Just now, Alys said:

@ratdog if it comes to it I will and of course I’ll do a diary so I’ll be able to tag you in if I get stuck lol

no problem mate, but judging by your grows so far i'll be asking you for advice soon enough! :skin_up:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ratdog said:

forget that mate, total waste of time, more a visual/vanity project imho

just top them regularly and weave through the net, it's easy really

I will have to respectfully disagree with that mate.. 

Mainlining is time consuming granted but it's not just a visual /vanity thing imho. 

You can get very similar results with just topping and under trimming but the mainlining method is an easy to follow method which guarantees zero pop corn and really does allow the plants to be more productive in a given space.

Imo at least. 

A lot of the older heads will say its just a fancy name for topping /trimming and that might be true but the method gives noobs a more exact/detailed instruction to follow.  

As a new grower, topping can be quite nerve wracking (as I remember) and with under trimming you never know how much to take and where from, which shoots to leave and which to remove etc... 

At least with mainlining it's a plain step by step guide which gives a guaranteed shape /structure to the plant without the hesitancy of should I/shouldn't I etc etc 

• Like 3

@Dodgee fair enough mate, but it was just my opinion also, i think you could get two or three crops dried by the time you've fucked about with all the faffing that's involved! lol

and personally it seems less efficient energy wise, and possibly more stressful/slow recovery times

each to their own though :)

• Like 2

Aye each to there own innit man :yep:

I wasn't disagreeing to be argumentative, just giving the other side of the argument... Balance n all that :yinyang:

:)

• Like 2

Just now, Dodgee said:

I wasn't disagreeing to be argumentative, just giving the other side of the argument... Balance n all that :yinyang:

Would you say the yields go up , if you provide a better light coverage on a horizontally grown plant , rather than the classic Christmas tree shape (straight up) within the same time frame? I think it would? Would you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dodgee said:

i know you weren't mate :)

to be brutally honest, my first grow diary here i grew three plants under a 600w, no training, topping or owt, i hit 18+ ounces, it took years to get anywhere near that again lol

i think the plants can perform well by being left alone and would probably advise that to new growers tbh :)

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 3

post-43394-1244664497_thumb.jpgpost-43394-1244664464_thumb.jpg

i think this was my first, untrained effort lol

both strawberry cough

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 3

I think it helps people with low headroom and keeps a squat profile away from radiant heat in the summer, out of the( danger zone) if you will. Also helps with trimming, which is hell and plant health seems overall better in small places. Its got its pros and cons , because too much stress turns them. Using a stable strain is helpful. 

2 minutes ago, Hempire Road said:

Would you say the yields go up , if you provide a better light coverage on a horizontally grown plant , rather than the classic Christmas tree shape (straight up) within the same time frame? I think it would? Would you?

All things being equal a level canopy that's well lit across will out perform an uneven one

1 minute ago, ratdog said:

i know you weren't mate :)

to be brutally honest, my first grow diary here i grew three plants under a 600w, no training, topping or owt, i hit 18+ ounces, it took years to get anywhere near that again lol

i think the plants can perform well by being left alone and would probably advise that to new growers tbh :)

There's alot to be said for leaving them don't there own thing aye :yinyang:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I just found this thread, thank God lol Although I'm waiting for a divorce before I can purchase the tents and fans and filters and lights and ... ... well, all of it really lol I have already purchased the seeds that I thought I would grow the first time around. My plan was 9 autos in 11l pots in the 4x4 tent and 9 photo fems in 11l pots in the 5x5 

That doesn't seem to match your advice in the very first post starting this thread lol :headpain: