Prepping Your Patch.....

Bad Penny.

Growing in trees....I've heard it all now...!

i must admit it didnt finish very well,in fact not at all !!and it was a pain in the arse watering the bstard!!

well ya know what they say .(Theres some that can an then theres those that cant) :guitar::spliff:

as i it says in my sig You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Edited by leepy

well ya know what they say .(Theres some that can an then theres those that cant) lol:v:

as i it says in my sig You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

it was only a laugh at the time,if u never try new things you never learn new things!you just stagnate and think u know it all haha,we also had a habit of putting some on roundabouts and seeing how long it took people to notice them!....ill get me coat! :yep:

well ya know what they say .(Theres some that can an then theres those that cant) :soap:lol

it was only a laugh at the time,if u never try new things you never learn new things!you just stagnate and think u know it all haha,we also had a habit of putting some on roundabouts and seeing how long it took people to notice them!....ill get me coat! :nazi:

no bro ur right ya wont know till ya try it and iv read about tree grows on another site an he had some real good yeilds fair enough he wasnt in the uk but fuckit eh lol

theres nothing wrong wit tree top growing! watering is a pain in de arse alright,you'll have to top them low and keep topping them because the amount of full allday light they get is enormous and if ya dont keep them down they're gonna topple and break. whitethorns,hard to find a big one but if you find a few together in a ditch then you'll fin plenty of places to nestle plants into branches of tree.also ivy gets top heavy on these trees so you could nearly lie down yourself across it!

water storing granules are handy.and canvas bags as pots.you'll want rope to haul compost and water up/down.

just dont pick a tree that'll be gone out of leaf in mid october .

its a really secure way o growing and it'll help a great deal in keeping slugs off them.

and canvas bags as pots.

like the woven ones from super markets?

im intending on using some heavy duty pop up bins this year, got a couple where i work, not the plastic ones, they tend to tear, but woven nylon :headpain: really hard wearing (handles aswell so tyin em up theres no problem, probaly add a little something for piece of mind) quite big, 60 odd litres, and green, you cant knock camo, only gonna do a few of these, but they seem pretty full proof so i'll probaly do my big plants in these(non autos) and im really tempted to build a platform in a tree for my autos.. then all i gotta do all haul the stuff there, climb up pull my gear up, then i can chill and water.. not balance precariously in an already precarious situation hahah

yep black tesco bags.but your right dont rely on the handles ,the stitching will weaken. if you break a branch near a main stem you can hang bag .you'll have to botch it a bit i s'pose ,theres no formality in or up a tree.

dont climb if its wet or ul slip on greasy bark!

Guest matt101

Hello again,

here is the huge pile of what looks like cow manure and straw that i mentioned before. would this be any good for digging into the plots? Ive included a photo so that you can see what im talking about. The fields surrounding the pile mainly contains cows so im guessing that it comes from them. This has been here for ages and im sure that if i dig into it a bit i could get to the older, well rotted stuff.

Any comments or info would be greatly appreciated.

matt101

P.S. sorry for the poor photo quality

post-44093-1263735684_thumb.jpg

Edited by matt101

Used to have great fun ferreting rats from an old matured pile of crap like that,their runs were like little rodent motorways :wink:

Just put maybe 60 miles on the clock checking sites I havent used in 2 or 3 years,standby sites,one of thems even in London and I grew a tidy crop unnoticed there one season,pulled the protectors out of their little niches I had hidden them away in,wrapped in binbags just in case I ever choose to grow there again,I checked them over and cached them again,you can never underestimate the importance of a secure site,I recced five sites,no ones been on them in at least a few years,I left a few temptations,they are still there.I will probably never use those sites again but its always handy having alternatives ready and available.

Edited by Bad Penny.

Guest matt101

Excellent, thats just what i was hoping someone would say. it is going to save me a fair bit of cash if i use that stuff instead of bags of compost.

Is there any way of overdoing it with this stuff or can i add as much as i want to my plots?

cheers,

matt101

Even came across a few stumps from plants long since chopped.Always try and have an alternative plan just in case a sites compromised,its better to have B,C or D ready and equipped just in case your spotted climbing,crawling or wading into A :)

Guest matt101

Funny you mention those protectors bad penny, i recently found a stash of them while i was scouting for plots. It was close to an area of recently planted woodland so they probably came from there. Im not sure if the people who planted the wood stashed them or some other gg had taken a few for themselves and stashed for a later date, who knows.

matt101

They last for years Matt,I have had some hidden away for at least 6 years,take them out of the binliners they are stored in and they look as good as new,plus they are bunny-proof.