Deliciously Sweet & Cool Psychedelics

Sugarwoods

smoke report ? :offtopic:

hehe.. oh yeah! ... lol

No I hadn't forgotten.. .been really, really, busy (smoking a lot of nice weed... ;) )

Seriously... smoke report and some pics in next few days.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Diary Summary

I really didn't do the plants justice when growing. Squeezing them into such a small space which caused them to stretch more than necessary, and not bending or breaking, but instead crossing fingers and hoping... which resulted in lightburn stress/etc. the list goes on, but in the end I got to try 3 great varieties that produced plenty of quality smoke despite the abuse. I have rooted cuts of all of them and I am already vegging a few of these for another run.

Roughly weighed, I got 182g in total off of everything (including my sneaky little WildRose cut [15g] and all the airbud [15g]). Weights are not super accurate as they include some small twigs/etc. and the buds were probably not 100% bone dry. I don't usually weigh my own harvests, but as this is a diary and people like to know these things...

I have all the trim & airbuds dried (no freezer space available for fresh) and am going to try a quick dry-sift over my screen before running it all through the portable washing mashine and bubblebags.. Will update later with any hash pics.

:wink: Both of the Sweet Tai's exhibited hermaphrodism. :wink:

I'd assumed this was just down to environment and stress, but 'Thai' can apparently be quite hermie-prone and both of my seed plants did hermie slightly.... I have cuts vegging now and want to see if its the same this time around from cut, as the Sweet Tai is a very nice smoke and a good yielder. I got a few fully mature seeds in the Tai's and a few on one of the Psico's but otherwise I think most of the male flowers must have been sterile as my whole crop is pretty much seed-free except those mentioned and even then there are only a few. With that, I am happy enough to try it again from cut to see if it does the same, as I say it's a nice smoke.

No other plants produced any male flowers.

Smoke Reports

(Disclaimer):

These are my personal and highly-subjective opinions based on my own unique biological/physical and psychological/emotional response to the weed consumed via a vaporiser. Your mileage and effects or perceptions may vary...... :D

I don't know how those 'Judges' at the Cannabis Cup can make any sensible decision on weeds when smoking so many different ones in close succession. its got to be bollox imho. I tried a few quick dry/vaped buds at harvest and was fairly impressed with all the smokes over the next couple of days. I found it difficult at the beginning with so many to try! As they sat in the jars curing over the next few weeks, I continued to sample them every day, making notes - trying to stick to one at a time :yahoo:

I used a Volcano Digit vaporiser set at 195 degrees C and approximately 0.3g of ground bud.

Psicodelicia

Psico A 20g, Psico B 28g

I was looking forward to trying this one the most. The aromas during veg & flowering were quite different to the others.

tn_gallery_30505_2417_143820.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_215291.jpg

Appearance

Buds are pale green, fluffy and open in structure with long orange pistils - There is a dense covering of trichomes. Spot the seed popping out in the 2nd bud pic!

Aroma

On opening the jar, the smell is of a candy sweet lemon cream soda with a slight whiff of rosewater and sandalwood undertones -

It is a very pleasant and enticing aroma. Indeed delicious smelling.. :D

The buds are very sticky and thickly covered in large resin glands. Trichs in this sample are about 30% clear, 50% cloudy, 20% amber. Both phenos exhibited very similar smell & taste characteristics, however I preferred the more intense high and aroma on the pheno I left for 63 days - Pheno B .

Flavour

The vapour was very smooth. sweet and creamy and pretty much tasted as it smelled. Very enjoyable to vape. I also noted a slight blackberry flavour on 2nd vape bags, however the overwhelming taste/aroma is definitely a sweet cream soda sorta taste..

High

A strong, quite long lasting ( 2-3hr) Sativa high comes on fairly fast and you feel alert, up and happy. Ideas bounce around your head. However, this is followed relatively swiftly by a hit with a large feather sledgehammer that glues you gently but firmly to the spot with thoughts drifting off in a happy, meandering, trance-like daze.. At this point you become more easily confused in the head but still able to concentrate on tasks. This then settles into a fairly relaxing mind / body stone with a reasonably clear head high. Physical activity on this weed is um... slightly annoying..I wouldn't really want to wake & bake with this weed. I'd rather be chilling out with a film, playing video games/etc.. The mind is active, but the body definitely doesn't want to move! Good for creative tasks without much physical effort involved I found.. :D

Summary

Psicodelicia lives up to its name - it's a tasty smoke with mind bending effects! Although sativa effects are strongly evident, it is deffo a chillout sativa.. I would think a day-ender rather than a day starter. Saying that, I did smoke it during the day a few times at the weekend and found as long as you didn't overdo it , it was fine. I am growing Pheno B from cut again. Psicodelicia is for me, the best tasting of the 3 varieties I grew.

Ice Cool

IceCool A 21g, IceCool B 22g

tn_gallery_30505_2417_74399.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_83754.jpg

Appearance

The buds are dark green with a slight blue/purple hue and of medium to hard density. Again, absolutely covered in trichomes. Mixture of very dark and pale orange pistils. Trichs are 25% clear, 70% cloudy, 5% amber. On one of the plants (pheno B) the top buds went quite purple. Could be due to the cold temps near the end of the grow or maybe a trait?

Aroma

The smell in the jar is of a mild diesel fuel with lemon and pepper/spicy notes. It is not very strong smelling, however when ground the aroma is released further.

Flavour

It's a classic Diesel fuel taste, not as strong a Diesel flavour as I have experienced before, but very noticeable, and a pleasant (and different) vaping experience. Quite spicy too, and definitely a little harder on the throat than the super smooth Psicodelicia. Caused a few sneezes on the exhale lol.

High

A strong, up Sativa high creeps up on you slowly, and then wham! - you are flying. This is very fine weed.

I found it very strong, particularly the purple pheno. Inexperienced tokers beware! The High is very smooth, clear and very long lasting. Effects are still noticeable up to 4 hours later! It is a very nice sativa high that is a very clear, happy comfortable high with absolutely no paranoia or anxiousness - no racyness either. After the initial high, a very nice gentle body stone settles in to relax the muscles, but without any couchlock.

The high fades away very smoothly with no 'burnout' / etc. This is great daytime weed. It's easy to forget you are stoned on it sometimes. Great weed to do anything on, concentration is easy. It is also fine as an evening smoke and does not prevent sleep, but will definitely keep you up all night if you want.

Summary

Ice Cool is a great name, as despite being strong as fook weed, I always felt very relaxed & chilled during the day when out and about and very happy to converse with people while totally mashed! Although it is not my favourite for flavour, the high is very, very good. and I am growing the stronger purple pheno from cut again.

Sweet Tai

Sweet Tai A 31g, Sweet Tai B 30g

tn_gallery_30505_2417_59366.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_96209.jpg

These were the biggest surprise for a number of reasons... I wasn't that excited about them while growing, but as flowering continued the smell became more interesting and they promised to be heavier yielders with denser buds compared to the others. Of course they both hermied as well, so not good, but only a few male flowers and some seeds. I was surprised at the end of the grow to find some fully mature seeds in a few of the dried Sweet Tai buds. I only expected to find immature ones. I never noticed any male flowers until the last few weeks, but they must have been there from the start of flowering. The only other plant to be slightly pollinated was Psicodelicia B. but again just a few (mostly immature) seeds. I may yet find more in the IceCool, etc. but so far none.

Appearance

Dark green spear-shaped buds with a mass of glowing orange pistils. The buds are very dense, heavy and very tightly packed - no doubt due to the Skunk in the cross. Heavily frosted with trichomes, but not as obvious as the others due to the tight bud structure. Under a scope crystals are packed tightly all over the flower clusters. Great 'bag appeal' as they say. Lots of very nice looking nugs. Again, down to the skunk in it no doubt. Trichs were 20% clear & 80% cloudy, no amber that I could find.

Aroma

Sweet skunky fruit, spicy, hashy with a slight stale sweat and turpentine odour! :smoke: When dried, this is the strongest smelling weed by far out of the 3 I grew. You can smell it through a baggie no problem!

Flavour

This had the thickest vapour of all the cultivars. Very thick, no doubt due to all those tight little flower clusters. A very strong sweet hashy, spicy taste with some sandalwood undertones - a bit harsh on the throat but very satisfying to vape. Also, quite expansive in the lungs. I coughed a few times.. :)

High

A swift, very clear, mellow, happy, no stress high follows, complete with a nice skunk body hit. This is a very pleasant complex high. It is not quite as strong as the others but I would still class it as 'strong' weed. There is an initial rush which is a bit racy, but it settles down very soon.

I am not sure I can really identify the 'Thai' component as last time I smoked Thai was back in the 80's and I have no recollection as to smell, taste or high! Here, the high is notable for its clarity and sharp focused mind. Maybe more-so than the others, even. The body stone is also more complete and enveloping, again probably down to the afgan in the skunk part of the cross. The high is of shorter duration than the others though... effects barely noticeable after 1.5 hours. This is a great, balanced, Sativa led high with a warm, relaxing body stone. No real couchlock unless desired.

Summary

Sweet Tai is a very nice smoke and popular with the few who I shared it with. Most prefer it to the others due to the very clear and functional aspect of the high and the more complete body stone, probably also because it smelled the most.:)

I can see why it has been successful in competitions (according to Sweet Seeds packaging). It is a very fine daytime smoke, but also very good in the evening. Both phenos were very similar in taste and high, with Pheno B being slightly better in both respects. Despite the hermaphrodism, I am going to do another run from cuts to see how it fares.

• Like 1

Wow Dorko :stoned:

Thats a smoke report my friend,awesome work, really does give other growers a great perspective of the strains :fear:

Ace bud snaps to go with them,dead cool.

Sounds like you enjoyed them in the main, I've got some Sweet tai to do in the not too distant future, hope I get a tasty pheno like yours , don't mind skipping the hermy bit though :yes:

nice informative report - they all look great strains :stoned: but which of the 3 would you grow out again if you could choose only one ?

Hi guys

Thanks for dropping by and ur comments... heh, went a bit overboard there.. always a bit ocd me.

I meant to add a few lines at the end about my prefs...but was rushing :wink:

Ok, firstly I want to update my comments about the Ice Cool High.

Somehow I got a few lines in there from the wrong description in my notes.. :wink: I wanted to edit it this morning but too late...

I wrote/pasted:

It is a very nice sativa high that is a very clear, happy comfortable high with absolutely no paranoia or anxiousness - no racyness either. After the initial high, a very nice gentle body stone settles in to relax the muscles, but without any couchlock.

Here is what I meant to put in there:

It is a strong sativa head buzz that can be a bit overpowering, however there is no paranoia, but possibly is a teeny bit edgy. Not really a smoke to chill out with, but good doing stuff during the day I found & very good for concentration. Bit of a headband effect too at the beginning. There is a mild body stone as well, more pronounced in the purple pheno.

Although I was initially impressed by it's strong heady Sativa buzz, it wasn't that happy a buzz... just a bit full-on. However it does eventually mellow out for the rest of the long ride.. actually my least favourite of the 3. So, the summary doesn't really match either..! feel a bit of a tit... didn't read it all back before.duh.

The heavier yielding (indica pheno I think) of the Psicodelicia really is a lovely smelling and tasting weed imo. The initial high is very nice too. However the zoned-out couchlock effect that comes later means I would only smoke it in the evening. If you are looking for something a bit different, check it out.

The winner is: Sweet Tai.

The effect is just such a nice BALANCED high. Man, I am so boring, but a good skunk (crossed with something) is always going to be a good comfortable smoke.

It is not the fruitiest flavour or the strongest weed but its got a damn good pong and very pleasant all-round stone. I reckon there must be some Thai in the high as it has a nice Sativa buzz in there too, a happy one. Just great during the day or evening. Out of the 3, for me it is the best all-rounder. Just a shame it hermied a little.

I am growing them all again from cut so I can get the measure of them. However, I doubt I will grow the Ice Cool after that.

Dorko :geek:

Wow, great smoke report Dorko :wink:

You've whetted my appetite now - I have 2 Psychodelicia and 3 Ice Cool in flower atm (week one flower). How d'u rate the Ice Cool high alongside NYCD ?

Everything I hear about Psychodelicia is good :soap:

Thanks once again for the excellent detailed smoke report :wink:

e2a Just read diary too, brilliant stuff, admirable detail :yahoo:

I'm looking forwards to the 'feathery sledgehammer' on the Psychod particularly, all the more so since reading that :spliff:

Edited by Arbuscule

Thx for the comments redeyes & Arbuscule... :)

Arbs, I have never smoked pure NYCD so I don't have much to compare it to. It is definitely a strong sativa, maybe too strong for me :rofl:

The more I vape the curing Psicodelicia the more I love it.. It is such a tasty, sweet weed, and lovely blissed buzz... I am sure you are gonna like it. :rofl:

Cheers guys ;)

Edited by dorko420

• 1 month later...

Hi good people of the Sweet Seeds grow diary forum. :)

A final update to show the cuts I am flowering from the plants grown above.

Here is the Sweet Tai at 7 weeks.

tn_gallery_30505_2417_131222.jpg

The Sweet Tai cuttings I have been checking carefully every watering and I have found no sign of any male flowers during this grow, until last night, where I found 1 single nana in one of the colas! :) I am very happy with that and will definitely be growing this one again from the same cut.

They are still stretchy however, so be aware if you grow this one out. I supercropped this time a couple of weeks into flower with no detrimental effect and I am very pleased that they are obviously less stressed this grow.. lol

I really like this smoke and would happily recommend to anyone lol

The Psicodelicia is also looking lovely @ 7 weeks, can't wait to chop this.. such lovely tasting and smelling weed! yummy! Another strong recommendation. :)

tn_gallery_30505_2417_4826.jpg

...and a little pic of some of the bubblehash I made with the trim from the competition grow...

tn_gallery_30505_2417_101110.jpg

......Can't resist sneaking in a pic of one of my favourite Sweet Seed varieties.... Wild Rose @ 7 weeks lol

tn_gallery_30505_2674_134302.jpg

What a beautiful day outside.... lol gonna go play with the little one in the garden now!

Thanks again to Sweet Seeds and UK420 for this fantastic opportunity !

Good Luck to everyone! lol

• Like 1