Deliciously Sweet & Cool Psychedelics

Sugarwoods

• 2 weeks later...

Day 14 Flower ( 70 days from seed)

Hi everyone. :)

Thanks for all the positive comments! :blub:

Well, it sure has been exciting... 2.5 weeks into flowering and I *think* the stretch has finally stopped... lol

Good thing too as I only have about 10-15cm of height left.

Start of 12/12---> tn_gallery_30505_2417_52940.jpg 2 weeks later!--->tn_gallery_30505_2417_113823.jpg The jungle comprises Psicodelicia's on the left, Ice Cool (middle) and Sweet Tai on the right.

I have had to raise the light a few cm's nearly every day since I started 12/12. Unfortunately there were 2 occasions where I couldn't do this for various reasons and paid the price with some light-burn on Sweet Tai (B)... luckily only a few leaves were frazzled..

tn_gallery_30505_2417_105531.jpg

With Sativa's growing indoors you have to check them every day when flowering starts as most of them shoot up so damn fast.

I am not sure how much the MH has helped to reduce stretch, but my rough estimate of stretch ( I threw away the tape measure!) is about 4 times. They have all stretched roughly the same amount, except for Psicodelicia (A) which is noticeably shorter and I should really put the pot on something to raise it up a bit.

They are still under the MH, I am changing to my HPS hopefully tonight, a few days later than planned. The HPS is a lot brighter, so I will probably have to raise the light again or risk more burning. :rofl:

All these pictures are from Sunday just passed (14 days into flower)

Ok, first up here are the Psicodelicia's (A) & (B):

tn_gallery_30505_2417_40549.jpg

They have nice thick stems now, but are quite floppy near the top :yep: and I reckon are going to need support of some kind as they bud up. Psico (A) on the left, is the shortest of all, with very little side branching. It had a bit of a rust problem on a leaf which doesn't seem to have spread, it is slower growing than all the others.

A top down view of Psicodelicia (B)tn_gallery_30505_2417_93483.jpg And an attempt at a little Macro shot of the same bud.tn_gallery_30505_2417_76598.jpg

Next, Ice Cool (A) & (B):

tn_gallery_30505_2417_235106.jpg

Both of these are growing well, but Ice Cool (A) on the left continues to show what I think are Nitrogen deficiencies, eg pale growing tips and more pronounced yellowing on the lower leaves. It's been the same since the start of the grow with this one. A little feed of BioBizz Grow has sorted it in the past however.

They are both budding well, all up the main stems and are certainly more branchy than the Psicodelicia's, particularly Ice Cool (B) .

Here's a closeup of one of the Ice Cool (B) buds.tn_gallery_30505_2417_38350.jpg And a shot of it from the side..tn_gallery_30505_2417_144195.jpg

continued.....

Edited by dorko420

Finally, Sweet Tai (A) & (B):

tn_gallery_30505_2417_101411.jpg

Both of these are very branchy with good bud development all over. However, Sweet Tai (B) definitely has some problems.. and not just a bit of light-burn..

Closeup of one of the Sweet Tai (B) buds.tn_gallery_30505_2417_139083.jpg

But all is not well... :( Check out these leaves...

tn_gallery_30505_2417_64758.jpg tn_gallery_30505_2417_91985.jpg

I have this on quite a few leaves of the Sweet Tai (B) but not on any others - It it rust? Could be the dreaded Leaf Spot Fungus I suppose, but I have seen it before in my last grow and it didn't cause a problem as only a few leaves are usually affected. I may post in the 'sick plants' forum about it, but otherwise the plant seems very healthy.

I have checked carefully all over the plants and so far no obvious insect infestations (that I can see!) :rofl:

Temps max/min are 29ºc - 14ºc (still haven't put my little tube heater in there)

Humidity is now max/min 63% - 17%

I have only just given them all their first proper feed of 1ml/Litre Biobizz Grow and 2ml/Litre BioBizz Bloom - The only plant that was showing a need was Ice Cool (A) and it is happier now with new growth darker green again. I am not going to give any different feed strengths throughout flowering. They are all going to get the same (OT1 guide basically), unless I see a real disaster looming with any of them lol:)

The cuts are still sitting in water growing roots in the vegcab and when I get a chance will put them in soil. I may have to bring the veg cab indoors from the garage soon as I reckon the temps may soon be a little too cold in there for young-uns!

Looking at this jungle, tn_gallery_30505_2417_113823.jpg I am considering cutting away all the lower growth (as much of it is yellowing a little anyway) so the plant doesn't waste energy on little airbuds lower down and airflow is improved, but I always worry that this is stressing the plant a bit. Ho-hum, we'll see..

By the way, do you like my little tower of 1L pots on the left? :rofl: That's a Wild Rose cut perched on the top there... Managed to shoehorn it in! :yep:

Thanks for reading! Now I gotta scoot off and check out all the other diaries!

Cheers!

Dorko :blub:

Cant wait to see how those sweet tai finish up mate, not many people in the comp seem to have choosen that strain but its had a shitload of awards at the spanish cups so it must be something pretty special :thumsup:

Best of luck wiv'em Dorko! :yep:

peace, SK

:yep: Stretchy usually when they are boosting before buds are there, thats when I bend and pinch my stems. I feel it reduces hight and evens out the growth still leaving that center choler only thing is when that method is applied you have a more wide plant to deal with.It depends on ya space as well I suppose,I am gonna look forward to see how you pull this one off my friend still looking pukka :photo: great stuff :yep:

Day 21 Flower (77 days from seed)

Hey S.K. & Bodderas - thanks for popping in. :)

I swapped the 250w MH for 250w HPS in the middle of last week.

Also I added a little 60w Tube heater running 24/7 as temps have dropped a few degrees in the garage. Hopefully this will help keep 'em warm enough during lights-off :B):

I tried the macro function on this little camera and here are a couple of bud shots from Sunday (21 days flower)

I like the Sweet Tai one :):photo:

Psicodelicia-->tn_gallery_30505_2417_155524.jpg Ice Cool-->tn_gallery_30505_2417_160961.jpg Sweet Tai-->tn_gallery_30505_2417_129227.jpg

Gave 'em all a gentle rub'n'sniff to get an idea of aromas... :mashed:

Psicodelicia -> Cheesy ripe/rotten fruit, very pungent

Ice Cool -> Definite strong diesel/fuel aromas, 'thick' smell

Sweet Tai ->Very, very fruity with a hint of skunk and sharp lemon at the end.

Yield-wise, so far it looks like the Ice Cool is in the lead, followed by Sweet Tai and then Psicodelicia.

Getting quite excited now to watch buds (and smells) developing. The Sweet Tai has grabbed my attention more now with the aromas & bud development.

Still got the hots for the Psicodelicia smell though.. :stoned:

They are getting water/feed of 1ml Grow / 2 ml Bloom every 2 days or so at the moment. Approx a litre each, although Psico A is still drinking very little compared to the rest.

Not too worried about the spots/rust I showed in my previous post. It doesn't seem to be spreading, just a few leaves affected so currently no action being taken :lucky:

Will probably give the ladies a little trim downstairs later... :naughty:

Thanks for reading!

Dorko :rofl:

• 3 weeks later...

Day 39 Flower ( 102 days from seed)

Hey Weedmonsta, Bodderas & donniedarko - thanks for stopping by! :)

Been a little while... and all is going well.

Got a few bud shots with a different camera.

First up, Psicodelicia A & B

tn_gallery_30505_2417_161090.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_124666.jpg

These ladies are very willowy and floppy. These would definitely need support to stop them falling over, but are kept upright by the cramped conditions in the growroom, using their sisters for support! The smell is divine and they are sticky as hell. Not the biggest yielders but that is mostly irrelevant to me if the smoke is good! lol Psico B is already showing a number of browning pistils unlike any of the others.

Next is Ice Cool A & B

tn_gallery_30505_2417_8243.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_89233.jpg

The diesel's are stinking up nicely and have very rigid stems supporting the growing weight of the buds. Not much side branching. They have put on a lot of weight and buds are growing thickly along the main stems.

And finally, Sweet Tai A & B (in the background!)

tn_gallery_30505_2417_178045.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_151589.jpg

These have shown the most dramatic bud growth in the last week or so.. in fact it was the Sweet Tai's that continued to stretch a little more after all the others had stopped stretching. Continuing to appreciate the smell of these and getting very excited about trying them.

Temps max/min 29ºc - 18ºc (little tube heater helping out during lights off)

Humidity max/min 41% - 10%

Feeding 1ml Grow & 3ml Bloom per litre every 2 or 3 days. The leaf spotting seen on a few plants has not progressed and doesn't seem to be affecting them.

Have suffered some light-burn on the Ice Cool's and Sweet Tai, but nothing catastrophic and so far all seem pretty happy in their incredibly cramped conditions.. :(

Hopefully only another 3 or 4 weeks to go... :)

Must read up on the flowering times again and go look at other diaries..

All the best and good growing to all!

Dorko :B):

Edited by dorko420

Group action shot ! :D

(sorry, back to crap camera lol)

From front left to right;

Psicodlicia B , Ice Cool B and then the 2 colas of Sweet Tai A (I think) lol their opposite labels behind...

tn_gallery_30505_2417_49680.jpg

A little cramped for 6 sativa doms, but they seem to be putting up with the abuse :)

Light is as high as it'll go. When I shut the door those buds at the front are pushed back under the light baffle so you can guess at the kind of depth I am working with here! :D:rofl:

Glad I didn't have to snap any stems.. but have paid the price with some lightburn.

Thanks for reading :)

Dorko lol

Edited by dorko420

looking nice and rammed in there, reminds me a bit of my 'jokers grow' (sig). If you end up with airy lower bud, I'm sure you'll fing good use for it ie, hash/bho ect. My money's on the psicodelica being the cream here but we'll see pending yr smoke reports :yep::)

Day 49 Flower ( 112 days from seed)

Yo Yamatoka - your jokers grow was a massive space compared to mine m8. Indeed I do have plans for all airbud involving bubblebags & ice! :yep:

Well it's 7 weeks of flowering and It's all lookin' sweet and stinky in the grow.. :)

I took a few more pics before lights-on today. :yep:

I was wrong in my last post with the group shot - the one at the front right is actually Sweet Tai B :)

..and she's lookin' gorgeous here with her twin colas !

tn_gallery_30505_2417_131232.jpg

Close-ups of the left and right colas

tn_gallery_30505_2417_120921.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_107353.jpg

Here's a Psicodelicia A bud (foreground-blurred) and B's main cola (background)

They look quite different, but smell very similar.

tn_gallery_30505_2417_50508.jpg

Psicodelicia A top bud closeup and cola of Psico B..

tn_gallery_30505_2417_113075.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_30633.jpg

Psico B is expressing more indica style bud growth with a big fat cola.

Ice Cool A - most of the plant!

tn_gallery_30505_2417_265091.jpg

Top Cola of A and then a shot of B's twin colas ( you can just see Sweet Tai B in the back corner!)

tn_gallery_30505_2417_35839.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_120079.jpg

And finally a group shot while I hold up the reflector ... all plants labelled...;)

tn_gallery_30505_2417_112299.jpg

Light burn on ICE Cool A & Psico A.. and some of the fan leaves of Sweet Tai B :( can't do much about it now.. but they all seem fine.

It's not long to go now :) Humidity is still running about the same but temps have dropped a couple of degrees...

Sweet Seeds say Psicodelicia is ready in 8-9 weeks and I reckon Psico A may be done in 8. Not sure about Psico B though. In any case the trichs will tell all! :)

Sweet Tai & Ice Cool, they say 9 weeks, and that looks about right to me. :) Can't wait!!

Thanks for reading!

Dorko :rofl:

Looking crammed in there Dorko, but still looking good :B): better crammed than none at all :v: .Do you think that aquarium CFL is gonna do much good :wassnnme: .Maybe for clones and seedlings :soap: as I know some light is better than no light at all, I see where u are coming from there dude :v:

Also fella I dont know how much you and others will agree with me :russian: but ya reflector seems a little to low to the buds, as I can see some light burn on some :( .Better to not strees them as they are female seeds?,therefore you probably will end up with some F2s lol.I dunno buddy just a thought , in past when I have done femmed seeds you need to make sure that there's as little stress as possible :rofl: So that them little bananas dont appear.

Edited by bodderas

Day 56 Flower 8 weeks ( 119 days from seed)

Hi Bodders.. heh.. you spotted the lightburn then, eh? :wink: The light is at max height and I didn't want to snap stems late in flower.. I am experimenting with this tiny growspace.. The flourescent tubes were not being used, so I just wired them up and they give a little extra light to lower buds, but yes, pretty pointless. :yep:

You make very valid points though..It is obviously crazy to try and grow 6 sativa doms in a space just over 1 foot deep! This space and the 250w is really best suited to a 1 or 2 plant SCROG.. or maybe 6 or 8 1L pot SOG grow imho.

After this grow is finished I will decide if I keep using this space and see how much better fewer plants grown from cuts in a SCROG or SOG do, or just go ahead and buy a DR80 which will make everything easier and maybe keep this as a larger veg and mother space to try and get a perpetual grow going.

Not really been showing off the plants to their best advantage, however it does show it is possible to grow these in such a small space. What I see looking at other diaries is that you really need to give them space and light to fully express themselves - no surprises there then! I am looking forward to flowering the cuts and see how that goes in the same space....

I had a major drought a week ago (just after the last diary entry.. could not get to water them) and they nearly died... worst affected was Sweet Tai A, and despite recovering well... I found a single male flower on the smaller cola yesterday... :wink: :smoke:

tn_gallery_30505_2417_84727.jpg

Not too worried as it's 8 weeks into flower and I will probably be chopping the Sweet Tai in a week anyway. lol

All the other plants look fine. Can't really get them out of the space very easily for photos ( I mananged with a couple) , but here are some photos/close-ups I did get yesterday.

Ice Cool A

tn_gallery_30505_2417_96332.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_64269.jpg

Ice Cool B

tn_gallery_30505_2417_241768.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_87858.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_122563.jpg

Psicodelicia A

tn_gallery_30505_2417_2436.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_44503.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_13136.jpg

Psicodelicia A is getting the chop tonight or tomorrow :stoned: - If I can put off other personal crap.. :wink:

..continued in next post..

Edited by dorko420