Deliciously Sweet & Cool Psychedelics

Sugarwoods

Psicodelicia B

tn_gallery_30505_2417_120423.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_129026.jpg

I love this plant.. it looks gorgeous to me :wink:

Still throwing out some white pistils on the top bud, so at least another week.

So, Psicodelicia A is for the chop @ 8 weeks. :wink: I think the Ice Cool is ready too, but I am going to leave till 9 weeks along with the Sweet Tai.. yum yum! :smoke:

They have been on 2ml Grow and 1ml Bloom for the last couple of weeks.

Temps max/min 26ºc - 16ºc (it's been cold!)

Humidity max/min 42% - 10%

So looking forward to smoking these! :wink:

Thanks for reading.

Dorko :stoned:

Psicodelicia A came down last night :santa:

It's the smallest & leafiest of all the plants... and I found a few very immature seeds (squishy!) in a lower bud... probably from the Sweet Tai I guess.. Here is the result (minus all the lower airbuds) - ha this probably looks like airbud to most peeps here lol

tn_gallery_30505_2417_249586.jpg tn_gallery_30505_2417_135314.jpg

The smell is really unique to the Psico's, a really fruity, cheesy like thing.. :)

Can't wait to taste this one once it's dry and in the jar a while.

Smoke report to follow.... :yes:

ps. Happy Birthday SweetSeeds! lol:D

Day 56 Flower 8 weeks ( 119 days from seed)

Hi Bodders.. heh.. you spotted the lightburn then, eh? ;) The light is at max height and I didn't want to snap stems late in flower.. I am experimenting with this tiny growspace.. The flourescent tubes were not being used, so I just wired them up and they give a little extra light to lower buds, but yes, pretty pointless. :)

You make very valid points though..It is obviously crazy to try and grow 6 sativa doms in a space just over 1 foot deep! This space and the 250w is really best suited to a 1 or 2 plant SCROG.. or maybe 6 or 8 1L pot SOG grow imho.

After this grow is finished I will decide if I keep using this space and see how much better fewer plants grown from cuts in a SCROG or SOG do, or just go ahead and buy a DR80 which will make everything easier and maybe keep this as a larger veg and mother space to try and get a perpetual grow going.

Not really been showing off the plants to their best advantage, however it does show it is possible to grow these in such a small space. What I see looking at other diaries is that you really need to give them space and light to fully express themselves - no surprises there then! I am looking forward to flowering the cuts and see how that goes in the same space....

I had a major drought a week ago (just after the last diary entry.. could not get to water them) and they nearly died... worst affected was Sweet Tai A, and despite recovering well... I found a single male flower on the smaller cola yesterday... :yep::ouch:

tn_gallery_30505_2417_84727.jpg

Not too worried as it's 8 weeks into flower and I will probably be chopping the Sweet Tai in a week anyway. :)

All the other plants look fine. Can't really get them out of the space very easily for photos ( I mananged with a couple) , but here are some photos/close-ups I did get yesterday.

Ice Cool A

tn_gallery_30505_2417_96332.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_64269.jpg

Ice Cool B

tn_gallery_30505_2417_241768.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_87858.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_122563.jpg

Psicodelicia A

tn_gallery_30505_2417_2436.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_44503.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_13136.jpg

Psicodelicia A is getting the chop tonight or tomorrow :) - If I can put off other personal crap.. ;)

..continued in next post..

Haha Listen buddy we both got pretty much same set up going on ere :B): .I have no space whats so ever .I have still got to do another SCROG to see what the diff is.In the past I used to have a few fully grown plants in my tiny grow space just like yours.I added extra CFL's and HPS floodlights so that light does get underneath the canopy and to parts were it normally would not reach :spliff: .Pretty useless if doing a SCROG though ,but this time I'm gonna do what you mentioned 1-2 liter pots and as many as 10 different strains both Sat's and Indicas in my tiny 2ft wide by 3ft wide space, hight is around 5 feet ,and yes they need space, as much as possible in my experience, but now I have started bending and pinching I am finding it very successful or have found it really does work .All I can say buddy is wheres theres a will theres a way and that's what we are doing :band: When you get the X 2 or X 3 stretch pinch the stems buddy it works it really spreads out the growth and evens the hight out. I dont think I will be doing it with this run as I am gonna cram as many in as possible in smaller pot's so there wont be much branching to play with, best of luck buddy.

Edited by bodderas

Day 63 Flower - Harvest! 9 weeks ( 126 days from seed!)

Hi Bodders, donniedarko, yamatoka and Podgy - thanks for stopping by guys :)

Ha podgy, those trimmers are the dogs danglies aint they, well worth the ~£10 I spent.. beats using a pair of nail scissors :hug:

The rest of the plants were chopped last night! :wink: :doh:

Took me 2 hours to chop, trim and hang the lot... I am drying in my grow space and already had Psico A and my sneaky WildRose cut drying in a cardboard box at the bottom of the grow while the rest finished for another week... not ideal at all, but I didn't have much of a choice.. The WR is just dry but the Psico A is going to take a few more days and then go in the jar... the rest? Well, I think they will take at least 10-14 days to dry in there..

I have turned down the extraction to minimum and reduced the oscillating fan speed. Of course all lights off lol I am keeping the tube heater running to help.

Humidity is showing max 40% but I will be checking every 2 days.

Sweet Tai A went 'pre-op transexual' :yep: at some point in the last couple of weeks. After the chop I found a few male flowers on it and it there are a few immature seeds on both Psico's lower down..I'm sure a few more immature seeds will turn up on some of the others.. but I've not noticed anything obvious so far..

I put the slight hermaphroditic tendancy down to environmental stress combined with feminised seeds, but the yield on the Sweet Tai's has surprised me.. They were farthest from the light (and next to the fan and passive inlet) but have the most dense buds and heaviest colas - must be the skunk in the cross I guess.. Anyway, if the smoke is any good ( and I do rather expect it to be judging by the aroma ) then I will be flowering the cuts I took in the near future and we'll see if I get any hermie issues with those. I am not expecting any :)

Here are the pics - I tried to show the plant before the chop too... very difficult as a couple of them are very floppy and cannot stand without support.

Psicodelicia B

tn_gallery_30505_2417_284593.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_100796.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_158945.jpg

Ice Cool A

tn_gallery_30505_2417_71125.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_104400.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_156515.jpg

Ice Cool B

tn_gallery_30505_2417_37072.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_29482.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_106234.jpg

...continued in next post.... :magic:

Sweet Tai A (slight hermie late in flower) :yahoo:

tn_gallery_30505_2417_130152.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_118182.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_85073.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_142772.jpg

Sweet Tai B

tn_gallery_30505_2417_63480.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_119561.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_41650.jpg

Group Shot

tn_gallery_30505_2417_64779.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_84813.jpg

Psico A is missing from these group shots as it's in a cardboard box.. ;)

Nice Yield - (no idea what the weight is of course) Very happy considering my inexperience with indoors and my tiny space :)

Many, many thanks to SweetSeeds for the opportunity to grow these fantastic plants and also thanks to Withnail & Joolz/UK420 for making this happen! :yep:

Smoke reports to follow! :smoke:

Happy Winter Solstice UK420 !! :rofl:

looking like you're gonna have a very sweet Xmas - good group shot :headpain: I'm chopping my Phsico tomorrow, the night before I leave so will try to get it online. Let me know what you think of the smoke!?

How are you finding drying the bud in the tent? What temps you running, I had considered it an option but was worried it may be too hot. Again in similar situations!

Great diary man, those Sweet Thais look really fat, very nice indeed! Can't wait to hear the smoke report on em anyway

Really like how you do your pics in this diary, very organised.

Enjoy the smoke test :spliff:

Hey guys, thanks for the comments.

donniedarko - I hear ya buddy.. The temps are high (~28°c+ ) so the bud tends to dry too fast, like within 4 or 5 days.. You can reduce the problem by making sure your drying box is on the floor of the grow, preferably shaded and away from your passive intake - that's what I did. In fact the Psico A is still not dry despite being in the room with lights for 7 days... I think this is due to the lower temps we have had - 5 degrees colder in my grow space over the last week!

With no light I think temps in my space will struggle to reach 15°c which is probably too cold..and may extend the drying time, and the chance of mold. :stoned:

Will definitely be checking on them regularly.

If that doesn't look like it's gonna work out, then rather than get another heater (and use more leccy!) I will put them in a large cardboard box in the house (where it's warmer) with holes on one side and a PC fan extracting the air through some Cookerhood carbon filter on the other. This has worked great to stop the smell of my little veg cab for the past few months so it should help with drying bud smell..

Dutchie - Thanks m8 :blub: Yeah the Sweet Tai's were a bit of a surprise to me, nice fat buds! .... Resisting the urge to quick-dry.... :smoke::stoned:

Dorko :spliff:

nice one DORKO, real gud thread a nice yield for Xmass too .I see we have done the hard part and now we worrying about the drying <? I dunno if it's not 1 thing it's another :rofl:

Heh bodders :wacko: indeed, how true....

My temps ain't nowhere near 15°c... my little tube heater is barely maintaining 9°c. Too damn cold. We've had a lot of snow around here lately :smoke:

So, instead of all the bollox in my previous post, I went out and found the smallest oil-filled radiator money can buy (@ Robert Dyarse). And I'm not running lights anymore so why not..? duh.

It was the last one they had left in the shop and I got it for £15 without a box. Result. It's just over a foot long and fits in my grow space!

Must be built for gnome's houses :yinyang:

Its 600w, with a dodgy little thermostat - temps are at 15°c now after a couple of hours. Will keep checking..

I have high hopes that this little heater may mean I can grow in this space throughout the winter....will be checking the next leccy bill though.. heh.

tn_gallery_30505_2417_93702.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_114812.jpg

..please ignore the filthy run-off stains on the floor... :wacko:

Heh bodders :) indeed, how true....

My temps ain't nowhere near 15°c... my little tube heater is barely maintaining 9°c. Too damn cold. We've had a lot of snow around here lately ;)

So, instead of all the bollox in my previous post, I went out and found the smallest oil-filled radiator money can buy (@ Robert Dyarse). And I'm not running lights anymore so why not..? duh.

It was the last one they had left in the shop and I got it for £15 without a box. Result. It's just over a foot long and fits in my grow space!

Must be built for gnome's houses lol

Its 600w, with a dodgy little thermostat - temps are at 15°c now after a couple of hours. Will keep checking..

I have high hopes that this little heater may mean I can grow in this space throughout the winter....will be checking the next leccy bill though.. heh.

tn_gallery_30505_2417_93702.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_114812.jpg

..please ignore the filthy run-off stains on the floor... ;)

I'm surprised you have no where with normal room temps available?.I clear what crap I got on tops of cupboards, and leave it on top to dry for 4-6 days till twigs break easily( as u know) and then pack em into jars.Just imagine if you had 5 pounds of the stuff lol:ouch::) :wink: what would we do then???. as you already know buddy alot of commercial growers dont want the stuff to dry as it reduces weight,so they want to keep the moisture in there, thats why they water cure the buds which I think will reduce quality drastically but not so much on potency so I have been told.What I am trying to say is we go out of our way's for perfection,there's nothing wrong with that at all lol

Well bodders, truth is I can find somewhere for the box, but I would have to wire up fan/ovenhood filter/etc. and , er... 'she who must be obeyed' objected to having a big box of drying weed lying around the house during the hols.. :stoned:

e2a: just realised if I do grow again this winter, I am gonna have to duct tape over that red led on the rad...

Edited by dorko420