Deliciously Sweet & Cool Psychedelics

Sugarwoods

I think I just answered my own question re. the lack of strong root growth.

Notice that the (B)'s are all slightly better rooted in the pics?

The (B)'s were all sat in more water after they were soaked due to a slight incline (in my tray) so I think they got more water overall as they were standing in the run-off... pretty obvious now, but they still should have had more care and attention... so let that be a warning to me! :yinyang:

• 3 weeks later...

Day 38 veg

Hi Peeps! lol Time for another update!

Here they are after 2 weeks in the 5" pots.

tn_gallery_30505_2417_64838.jpg

Sweet Tai (left) Psicodelicia (middle) Ice Cool (right)

Sweet Tai (A)

tn_gallery_30505_2417_184636.jpg and its roots! ----->tn_gallery_30505_2417_92746.jpg

I have now potted them up, again using West+ Advanced and some more Rootgrow, into my final 3.5L square pots (15cm).

Unfortunately upon finishing one bag of West+, the next one looked like it was a little bit moist :( and you can see that in the pots on the right. Hope it doesn't cause any problems..

tn_gallery_30505_2417_226856.jpg

Growing from seedling under the MH is new for me, and although I did restrict growth somewhat due to my undersized pots and pathetic watering regime(!) I am very impressed by the compact internode spacing. It seems to be quite short across all the varieties here, so not sure if this is just the light/pots, or an expression of the genetics. Either way, growth is looking very lush and green. :)

The tallest so far is Psicodelicia (B) which is currently 10" (25.5cm) from soil to growing tip! (around 8 nodes)tn_gallery_30505_2417_95086.jpg

Since my recent change to growing indoors under lights, I have started to cover the final pots in reflective material to encourage root growth up to the top of the soil, retain moisture and also to reduce soil pests, eg. fungus gnats etc. Seems to be effective.

tn_gallery_30505_2417_77091.jpg

Here are overhead shots of the plants:

--- Sweet Tai ( A & B ) ----- Psicodelicia ( A & B ) ----- Ice Cool ( A & B)

tn_gallery_30505_2417_246308.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_89168.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_122488.jpg

Still no nutes being given, just watering daily with tap water that has been left to stand. Normally I would be using rainwater but that will have to wait until the waterbutt is full again! Hopefully within the next week or two. Will probably add some molasses next water.

They are starting to smell. :)

The Psicodelicia has the strongest aroma so far, quite pungent, with the Ice Cool a close second, Sweet Tai smells the least so far. I think they are all looking very healthy and vigourous too :) In terms of compactness it is the same order; Psicodelicia tallest, then Ice Cool and finally Sweet Tai.

I will start flowering as soon as they have rooted through these 3.5L pots. Hopefully within 2 weeks I reckon.

Not sure what to do yet regarding topping or tying, I wonder how bad the stretch will be? And of course there are 3 different varieties growing here.. it's gonna be fun whatever happens.. but I am undecided.. I prefer to tie and bend rather than stress the plant more by topping, but still not sure, will have to see how they react in the next 2 weeks to the new pots.. By that time they will have had at least 7 weeks of veg... ;)

Thanks for looking in!

Dorko :yinyang:

Edited by dorko420

Hi Dorko sorry for not bobbing in sooner gonna be interested to see what you pull off this time with these Sats.I have learned that they dont need as much veg time due to the stretch pending on Sativa strain.However I'm interested in how much and where you got the rootgrow from :wassnnme:

Thanks MrM for popping in lol

Bodders, the RootGrow is available from most garden centres... it is expensive though, I think that bag was around £10 (for maybe 500g??? not sure and the bag's out in the garage!) but you can use less than they recommend (of course) and it has lasted quite a while.

In general I feel it is a worthwhile additive when potting up, but it does take time to become really effective I think, so its value in Cannabis growing may be overstated given our relatively short growing period, but I have noticed improved health generally since I started using it... and so I keep using it :(

Yeah, I know about the short veg time for sats... :B)::rofl:

Thanks MrM for popping in :smoke:

Bodders, the RootGrow is available from most garden centres... it is expensive though, I think that bag was around £10 (for maybe 500g??? not sure and the bag's out in the garage!) but you can use less than they recommend (of course) and it has lasted quite a while.

In general I feel it is a worthwhile additive when potting up, but it does take time to become really effective I think, so its value in Cannabis growing may be overstated given our relatively short growing period, but I have noticed improved health generally since I started using it... and so I keep using it :smoke:

Yeah, I know about the short veg time for sats... :wink: :smug:

Well I was just checking!!, , I know you no dummy boy! :smoke: .I hear what ya saying with the Funki Fungi (mychorizza) I think the Idea is to get it in as soon as poss so that it can start working like you have done :unsure:

Edited by bodderas

Looking good man. I wonder how much yout sweet tai's will stretch. I flowered mine at about 6 inches and they reached a good 2.5 feet. I know often the stretch is more pronounced on smaller seedling plants than large plants, so it might not work out as as much as mine.

The psicodelicia i'm sure you'll like. I had a quite indica looking pheno, with very little stretch, and side branching, but mega resin and purple colours. The taller, green pheno had a more citrusy aroma. Both were real good. Ice cool is one for thr future i'm sure, though i'm not the biggest fan of diesel genetics, had a hermie from my jackie psd's and nycd, though the taste and aroma are fantastic.

Well I was just checking!!, , I know you no dummy boy! :B):

Haha... on the contrary m8 - I am a total dork boy! :B):

I was just trying to say that I agreed with you and I should know better than to veg sat strains for so long... :spliff:

I have grown outdoors on and off for many years, but it's only in the last couple (thanks to info from UK420 :B): ) that I managed a grow indoors.

I wonder how much yout sweet tai's will stretch

Indeed! I probably should have been tying down already.. I may end up topping them all in a couple of days and use the tops for cuts...

At least I can then start to flower them all with an even canopy.

Can't wait to try the psico and looking forward to the Ice Cool too as I quite liked the flavour/smoke I got from my Diesel Ryders ...sshhhh :spliff:;):spliff:

Thanks for poppin' in :)

• 2 weeks later...

Heya Dorko , smashing smoke report thx for that , the sweet tai sounds interesting :) , have you decided on the 6.5 pots yet ? good luck mate .

Day 56 Veg ( 8 weeks! ) :D

Hi All,

Er, yes. Due to some unexpected and extensive travel with my work, I had to leave them in veg longer than planned - at least 2 weeks longer - so all I could do was ask the wife to water them while I was away - she did a great job lol

The upshot is that I have had to top them quite severely and then wait for recovery before starting flowering. :D

Here they are at 6 weeks, just before the chop.. tn_gallery_30505_2417_49963.jpg

and the carnage after... tn_gallery_30505_2417_29182.jpg Topped at around the 5th or 6th node. Then gave them a very light feed of <1ml / Litre BioBizz Grow.

Here's a pic of them 10 days after topping - All looking quite good, except Psiodelicia (A) which is suffering a little rust and luckily is not viewable in this pic as she's hiding at the back left!

tn_gallery_30505_2417_160120.jpg

So I have flipped to 12/12 last night which means I should still get a crop just before xmas. I am keeping the MH in there for 2 weeks to hopefully help with reducing any stretch and will then switch to my HPS bulb for the rest of flowering.

Have chucked a cut of my Sweet Seeds Wild Rose from last grow in there too on the side in a 1L pot as I have been caning that weed and the jar is now nearly empty! :rofl:

I have taken 2 cuts of each plant so hopefully these will root soon. tn_gallery_30505_2417_153879.jpg

Temps max/min are regularly around 30ºc - 15ºc (may need to add the little tube heater for lights-off soon)

Humidity is now max/min 50% - 11%

Psicodelicia (A) is looking a little weak compared to the others and has a few spots of rust or something on the leaves.. photo next update. The Ice Cools have taken over height-wise, and since the topping their side-shoots have stretched the most.

On a side note, I just love the look of the Psicodelicia's.. It's these huge serations on the long slender leaves.. tn_gallery_30505_2417_100567.jpg

Very jagged saw-shape teeth on the leaf edges.. quite distinctive.

I have high hopes for the psicodelicia.. It also has, currently, the most funky smell :)

Here are some top-down shots of the ladies and a final little group-shot I took just before flipping to 12/12 yesterday.

Psicodelicia (A) & (B) ------- Ice Cool (A) & (B) ------- Sweet Tai (A) & (B)

tn_gallery_30505_2417_329202.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_202783.jpgtn_gallery_30505_2417_75202.jpg

tn_gallery_30505_2417_52940.jpg

I will be following the venerable OT1's BioBizz feeding schedule as a guide from now.

Hey TS, thanks for popping in m8 :)

I have decided to stay in 3.5L for this grow. If my cuts take and I find any keepers I may experiment with fewer plants in 6.5L pots and see how it goes.

Thanks all for your patience and for reading so far...

The really interesting part is coming up! Let's hope I don't make a complete hash of it... :bag:

Edited by dorko420

my god man, they are some fine plants

fair play to ye, well documented too, good photos, can't go wrong in this diary :blub:

think i jumped in at the right time, u went 12/12 yesterday... this should be fun :yep::B):

good stuff!

take it easy

Hey, cheers for the comments and encouragement Dutchie :rofl:

Let's hope your enthusiasm and confidence aren't misplaced :wink: :rofl:

Dorko :spliff:

Quite splendiferous diary Dorko squire :yep:

All looking very nice in the flora department, you're giving them some good ol' loving me thinks :spliff:

My psicodelicias stretched like buggers but they were a little mistreated in veg and then flowered initially at the edge of the room so its hard to tell how much that affected the stretch :rofl: Looking real resin packed now at about 5 weeks...and like you say very funky smells :rofl:

I've got the sweet tai to do so I'll be interested to see how they pan out.

Excellent...keep on trucking captain :wink:

hahaha what the hell its all good work Dorko, I have a Killing Fields X Madonna It has Jack in it and believe you me it still grows 4 weeks In 12/12b so I had to pinch the main top :unsure: I dunno about snipping off for cuts its something I dared not do yet! lol chopping that main cholar off I dunno it depends on the genetics id snip if i was SCROGing??.I prefere to pinch and bend ,see if you can get away with that method!! I dunno buddy its what suits you best he he :guitar: Still looking real pro to me fella :yinyang:

Edited by bodderas

Hi dorko420. Things are looking lush and healthy round at yours mate. Top job :guitar:

I'll be keeping a close eye on your Ice Cool :unsure: And I have some Sweet Thai to crack too :yinyang:

Happy growing mate. Great diary.