Deliciously Sweet & Cool Psychedelics

Sugarwoods

Hi fellow UK420'ers

My first diary at UK420 ;):yes:

Already growing some Sweet Seeds varieties, but was very happy to get the opportunity to try some more, so thanks Sweet Seeds, Withnail & UK420 for setting this up ;)

Will have to wait for the current ones to finish as I only have a small space. Seeds will be germinated in about 2 weeks.

Grow space: 87cm Width x 37cm Depth x 1.3m Height. Height doesn't take into account pots or light..... :D

Lighting: 250w MH / 250w HPS (2 x T4 18w flourescents at side)

Ventilation: 285m3 RUCK 4" (with fan speed controller) blowing into Carbon Filter (outside of grow space) , passive intake, 6" clipfan.

Nutrients: Bio-Bizz Grow, Bloom , epsom salts, molasses

Medium: Probably West+ Advanced or similar.

Final Pot Size: Using 3.5litre currently but may try 6.5 litre with this grow.

I have just made a tiny cuttings cab which is working well under a 24w cfl, so will be using this as well.

In the meantime, these are cooling their heels in the fridge ( I love the packaging :) )

Ice Cool, Psicodelicia and Sweet Thai......and lot numbers on the back...

post-30505-1247480891_thumb.jpgpost-30505-1247480910_thumb.jpg

I am going for multi-strain madness with this grow, and will plant 2 of each. :yahoo:

I think there is going to be some serious topping or bondage as all these seeds seem predominantly sativa... so will be interesting in my confined space! :unsure:

Hope it's not gonna look too unprofessional or shabby compared to some of the more experienced indoor growers..!

Good Luck to ALL ;);)

Best of luck with the grow m8ty,i'm in the same situation as you,having to wait a couple

of weeks for my tent to be clear lol

Yev

yes yes very nice, looking forward to this matey. only 1 out of 3 of my jack 47's have started so far, hope you get better germ rates than me. i ordered 3 black jack and 1 cream caramel just incase it fucks up on me. will be good to see how everyones turn out

peace and happy growing to y'all

Nice one Dorko :smoke:

You've got the same height as me, be interesting to see ow the psicodelicia behave under limited height, think she may be a handful :stoned:

Good luck with the grow squire lol

Hi fellow UK420'ers

My first diary at UK420 :):rofl:

Already growing some Sweet Seeds varieties, but was very happy to get the opportunity to try some more, so thanks Sweet Seeds, Withnail & UK420 for setting this up :guitar:

Will have to wait for the current ones to finish as I only have a small space. Seeds will be germinated in about 2 weeks.

Grow space: 87cm Width x 37cm Depth x 1.3m Height. Height doesn't take into account pots or light..... :ouch:

Lighting: 250w MH / 250w HPS (2 x T4 18w flourescents at side)

Ventilation: 285m3 RUCK 4" (with fan speed controller) blowing into Carbon Filter (outside of grow space) , passive intake, 6" clipfan.

Nutrients: Bio-Bizz Grow, Bloom , epsom salts, molasses

Medium: Probably West+ Advanced or similar.

Final Pot Size: Using 3.5litre currently but may try 6.5 litre with this grow.

I have just made a tiny cuttings cab which is working well under a 24w cfl, so will be using this as well.

In the meantime, these are cooling their heels in the fridge ( I love the packaging :) )

Ice Cool, Psicodelicia and Sweet Thai......and lot numbers on the back...

post-30505-1247480891_thumb.jpgpost-30505-1247480910_thumb.jpg

I am going for multi-strain madness with this grow, and will plant 2 of each. :yahoo:

I think there is going to be some serious topping or bondage as all these seeds seem predominantly sativa... so will be interesting in my confined space! :unsure:

Hope it's not gonna look too unprofessional or shabby compared to some of the more experienced indoor growers..!

Good Luck to ALL lol:guitar:

good luck there m8,and you have sum nice sativa choise,s there ,cool. keep it green. :stoned:

• 1 month later...

Finally!!! Back! :yahoo:

Had an absolute bloody nightmare... had the builders in :B):. They decided they needed to store crap in the garage... blocking access to my growspace in the process! :eek: Wasn't expecting them to take so long or need a garage to store crap in! :frown:

Luckily they never noticed a thing despite being in and out of there...a lot. Good thing, as my CF was just starting to give up the ghost at the end of my last grow... and there was deffo an ever so slight pong (mainly down to a particularly smelly Crimea Blue pheno lol )

I resorted to taking photos of their tools & crap in situ, so that I could move them out at night and get to my nearly-finished grow to water/etc, and then move it all back in again into the same position/etc.!!!! :shock: It was (I am!) f'king mad!!! :yes:

Unfortunately, a few cuts from my previous grow died in the process as I just could not get access to my little cfl veg box, but 2 cuts did survive- one was my smelly crimea blue pheno and the other was a Sweet Seeds Wild Rose, and I am very pleased that those 2 survived! :)

Anyway, managed to harvest my main grow which is now in the jars! yay!

Life is FINALLY back to normal (thank f*ck) so, slightly later than advertised I have started my freebie Sweet Seeds! :yahoo:

Popped the seeds straight into West+ multi-purpose compost moistened with tap water in little 3" (7cm) pots.

post-30505-1251123698_thumb.jpg

They were in a heated prop for the first night, but then as it was pretty warm anyway, I unplugged it and they just sat on an east-facing windowsill....

And here they are this morning! 100% germination ( as I have had with other SweetSeeds) , with a couple just breaking the surface!

Ermm... also thought it might be a good idea to label them A & B for when I take cuts/etc.

post-30505-1251123738_thumb.jpg

...... it's good to be back. :spliff:

Here are some close-ups :)

Psicodelicia A & B

post-30505-1251125498_thumb.jpgpost-30505-1251125526_thumb.jpg

Sweet Tai A & B

post-30505-1251125462_thumb.jpgpost-30505-1251125481_thumb.jpg

Ice Cool A & B

post-30505-1251125540_thumb.jpgpost-30505-1251125551_thumb.jpg

Haha indeed bizzi.. They were good blokes and did a great job, just stayed a bit longer than necessary...! :huh:

Anyways....

Day 3

Here they are after 1 day under the 250w MH. All looking healthy. A little stretched as I had to wait a day before putting them in there.

post-30505-1251389561_thumb.jpg

Thought I would show some pics of my setup - it's all a bit messy and cobbled together, but seems to work pretty well, aside from the extremely shallow space I have.. just over a foot (14"/37cm) deep! It's gonna be fun with 6 full-size plants in there.. :wink:

post-30505-1251389579_thumb.jpgpost-30505-1251389595_thumb.jpgpost-30505-1251389610_thumb.jpg

My passive intake is there at the bottom right, covered in cookerhood filter. The bookshelves that the growspace is made from are about 3 inches from the wall in an attached garage which is dark most of the time except for a little light from under the garage door.. so there is no light-baffle on the outside of the passive intake.

The next pic shows my extraction vent. There is no space for my fan & filter inside with the light as well, at least I couldn't imagine it fitting without it all being a really tight squeeze, so I suck the air out with a 4" RUCK (acoustic ducting) and push it through the Carbon filter which just sits on the floor. Seems to work very well and no smells ( see pic 3) . I cover the extraction vent in some 'wadding' to reduce the amount of dust/crap going into the fan/filter. Works well and is covered in dust/crap by the end of a grow..

Yes, I know, all the wiring should be high up, not sitting on the floor. It was, but I am having a move around of stuff and it's temporary. Normally the fan/CF are blocked by cardboard boxes/etc. The front of the bookshelves have a big piece of MDF cut to size and then white/black/white plastic over that and finally draped in a very fashionable 60's-style throw which just screams " I got a grow on here!!! " - well it didn't scream to the builders anyway :wacko:

And finally, just to show it can be done, here is a single 24w warm CFL keeping 8 mothers/cuts happy in a tiny (12"/30cm square) old pine bedside cabinet.

post-30505-1251389624_thumb.jpg

Dorko420 :)

Nice... some great use of small spaces there fella lol

Good to see you're up and running now the builders have left... you just don't need the worry do ya :)

Have you smoked any of your Wild Rose yet ? I'm curious to hear from anyone who has, its always good to get a picture of what the smoke will be like :spliff:

Good luck with your grow mate :yahoo:

Have you smoked any of your Wild Rose yet ? I'm curious to hear from anyone who has, its always good to get a picture of what the smoke will be like :D

Hi Withnail m8y

Yes I have and I like it :ninja: It's got a nice strong up sativa high with a gentle body stone to it.. very nice combo. I only grew 1 seed out of 3 and this plant hardly smells at all even after 3.5weeks in the jar , and I find it hard to define the flavour exactly, slightly sweet with something else...? but I enjoy the smoke very much and it is others favourite out of the 5 I grew for its effect. I think you will enjoy. :D

I harvested at 60 days flowering , but i think it was ready in 56 (8 weeks). Trichomes were roughly 30% clear, 50% cloudy, 20% amber

Smell - dried cured buds (3.5 weeks in the jars) have little, if any, aroma - a little grassy , jar of buds has a slight 'buttery' smell... I know, weird...

However, broken up/ground buds reveal a very slight sweet candy/something aroma..which is very pleasant though subtle.

At harvest it hardly smelled at all even when trimming, very little aroma, just a bit of fresh green grass sort of smell.

Fires up volcano.... :yahoo:

Volcano Digit 195 degrees - 0.5 grams 1st full bag.

Vapour tickles the nose a lot on the exhale.. - feel the need to sneeze :)

slightly sweet spicy vapour on the palate with again a little 'butteryness' lol - Can be a little harsh on the throat. There is something in it I can't describe very well or what it is escapes me, effects starting to be felt within 2 minutes.. subtle.. 4 mins starting to feel a little giddy. quite a clear high starts to settle in with some pressure behind the eyes... beginning to feel nice body warmth in the solarplexus area......

12 minutes in feeling nicely toasted with quite clear happy sativa high... feel very focused... but also relaxed... its actually very nice... but also I think quite strong :rofl:

15 minutes... yes its quite strong.

Yeah, I like it. :)

I have a cut but not sure I will be able to fit it in with this comp grow..

I wish it had a more defined flavour/smell and although very palatable I prefer more defined flavours/aromas... I will grow out the other seeds some time to see if they exist..

Here are a couple of very badly trimmed bud pics lol

Just ignore the light burn /nute burn.etc... ;)

post-30505-1251590965_thumb.jpgpost-30505-1251590980_thumb.jpg

..right-o on we go!

Day 11

Quick Group shot

post-30505-1252095775_thumb.jpg

All looking very healthy so far, if a little stretched, the growth is really picking up now with lots of new leaf sets. Still in 3"/7cm pots!

Here are a few selected close-ups :)

Ice Cool (A), Sweet Tai (A) and Psicodelicia (A)

post-30505-1252095857_thumb.jpg post-30505-1252095868_thumb.jpgpost-30505-1252095880_thumb.jpg

Lights are on 18/6, running at night. Temps are getting up to 31'C and humidity is ermm... non-existant, but they seem to be thriving! :yep:

Watering lightly with tap water. Just about once a day at the moment.

Dorko :wassnnme:

Edited by dorko420

• 2 weeks later...

Day 23

Have not been able to pot up until now due to other commitments. As a result growth is probably a little stunted.

One plant, Ice Cool (A) has shown definite lack of Magnesium or Nitrogen (Pic below left)... no doubt due to being left in the tiny 3" pots too long...doh! :unsure:

tn_gallery_30505_2417_1121.jpg tn_gallery_30505_2417_36014.jpg A light dose of Biobizz Grow seems to have sorted that out and new growth is now back to normal as you can see in the pic on the right.

I am potting up from the 3" into 5"/12.5cm pots as my only other pots are either 4" (not really big enough) or the 3.5L square black ones (15cm) that are probably going to be the final flowering pots, so I decided to go half-way with 5"....

I am using West+ Advance and Rootgrow for the pot-up. tn_gallery_30505_2417_152554.jpg tn_gallery_30505_2417_135533.jpg

A generous sprinkling of Rootgrow.... tn_gallery_30505_2417_44197.jpg

I have pushed out the required space with the old 3" pots while also allowing for a burying of the stem by an inch or so to counter some of the stretch I had with the seedlings.

So, this: tn_gallery_30505_2417_139112.jpg becomes this: tn_gallery_30505_2417_29301.jpg

Here are the roots of the N/Mg deficient plant Ice Cool (A) (above) tn_gallery_30505_2417_59904.jpg ...not that well developed...

But then it seems that none of the pots are that well rooted through as you can see in the post below. I would have thought there would be more roots showing by 24 days.

Could it be the low to non-existant humidity? Or my 'leave them till bone-dry before watering' technique..:ninja: I reckon the latter as young roots need a moist environment.. unfortunately I could only get to the plants once a day to quench their thirst under a burning hot 250w MH.

This is Ice Cool (B).. looking a little healthier in the roots department... tn_gallery_30505_2417_131133.jpg

Edited by dorko420

Psicodelicia (A)tn_gallery_30505_2417_51721.jpgPsicodelicia (B)tn_gallery_30505_2417_136186.jpg

Sweet Tai (A) tn_gallery_30505_2417_129022.jpg Sweet Tai (B) tn_gallery_30505_2417_97183.jpg

I just love those big boxes of latex gloves :)

And after they are all potted up, a couple of group shots of them in their new shoes! :)

Sweet Tai on the Left, Psicodelicia in the middle and Ice Cool on the right.

tn_gallery_30505_2417_52174.jpg You can clearly see the Mg/N def of Ice Cool (A) in these shots.. tn_gallery_30505_2417_2226.jpg

temps have been a bit lower lately: 19-29'C and humidity between 0-50% (mostly 0%).

Hopefully humidity will improve now that I have bigger pots. May need to reduce the air extraction a little too.

Here they are the next morning after gettin' some rays! :B):

tn_gallery_30505_2417_206520.jpg

To my mind they are looking a little small/stunted, but I am putting that down to the 3" pots for too long and lack of frequent watering. Hopefully they should be a bit happier now.

The upside to the late potting up is that this may help with my limited height! :stoned:

Cheers

Dorko :yinyang: