Growing In A DR60?

Indica Monkey

Yer still my fave thered on uk420 and i will not forget it

Sad to say but had a set back and a week after setting up i had to chop down the ssh cuts and pack up shop and wont be Abel to set back up for a few weeks propa gutted tbh as i have ran out of weed but fuck it when i can set back up gunner run some autos why i veg the main grow few mouths and my jars a be berating with geen

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey guys,

I have an overkill going on, which could be quite simple to some of you.

I am getting a dr60 (60x60x170cm) and had the right extraction fan that is able to ciculate freash air is where it baffling.

CFM! Can i get some help on how to calcutate the optimal condition with the filter and ducting with either a 100mm RUCK (High Power Version - 285m3/hour) or 125mm RUCK (High Power Version - 365m3/hour) that will keep temps right and provide adequate ciculation?

Thanks so much!

:hippy:

Now that the weather is getting warmer maybe the 5" will be a good buy. If you don't have the sound to worry about then why not, just try not letting the ds60 get sucked in too much from negative pressure, the reduction in space in just those little tents from too much negative pressure is not worth losing so just try keep it negative but not too much.

• Like 1

Hey man, thanks for the reply.

What do you mean by negative pressure?

Also the noise is a concern, but there are methods to handle that. However my primary concern is the fans capacity to bring in fresh air that's not an overkill or which is not enough.

How do I calculate the cubic feet per minute formula with the measurement of the dr60?

Thanks for any help!

Hey man, thanks for the reply.

I would very much like to do that, however do to my present circumstances it is not feasible. So i'm looking at the 100mm ruck L temperature control fan, which is 270m3/h. Comparing to the 100mm ruck L not temp controlled, less cfm, that is 285m3/h. I've read so much on the topic i feel stir crazy.

So not to have negative pressure from a fan that is too powerful, will this 100mm ruck temp control fan work sufficient?

Thanks guys!

Having negative pressure is where the tent walls are sucked in due to extraction, say if you had a 5" extract with no active intake and just passive then the tent will be sucked in as much as it can get to, but if you had an intake fan as well then you could control that and get the negative pressure to a good enough extent where no smells leak and you won't lose as much grow space. I used to have a ds60 tent but gave it away and now I use a wardrobe thats similar size because small grow tents tend to get a lot of their space robbed by negative pressure. I managed to still maintain negative pressure with not too much sucking in but with both intake and outtake fans and they were never a smell leak, I could see bits of the tent being sucked in still but not much. Road runners suggestion would be the best way round it. If you go with a 5" you'll no doubt need an intake fan too, with 4" fan and passive intake the neg pressure may not be so bad but then you might struggle with temperatures come summer, I even had to get a cooltube for 250w hps last summer and that was a struggle to get in a ds60 with 4" ruck L1 extract which was out side the tent.

Edited by indicatoker420

What lamp are you running?

I will be running the Sunmaster range 250w: mh, hps & dual spectrum.

Thanks man!

[ name=indicatoker420" post="3845591" timestamp="1394794530]

Having negative pressure is where the tent walls are sucked in due to extraction, say if you had a 5" extract with no active intake and just passive then the tent will be sucked in as much as it can get to, but if you had an intake fan as well then you could control that and get the negative pressure to a good enough extent where no smells leak and you won't lose as much grow space. I used to have a ds60 tent but gave it away and now I use a wardrobe thats similar size because small grow tents tend to get a lot of their space robbed by negative pressure. I managed to still maintain negative pressure with not too much sucking in but with both intake and outtake fans and they were never a smell leak, I could see bits of the tent being sucked in still but not much. Road runners suggestion would be the best way round it. If you go with a 5" you'll no doubt need an intake fan too, with 4" fan and passive intake the neg pressure may not be so bad but then you might struggle with temperatures come summer, I even had to get a cooltube for 250w hps last summer and that was a struggle to get in a ds60 with 4" ruck L1 extract which was out side the tent.

Thanks man the good info, i appreciate it.

OK, understanding more about negative pressure along with preventing.

Question! What is the CFM for the dr60?

Runnig a 250w HIP. And if adequate, the 100mm ruck temp control 270m3/h.

Many thanks man!

You can give it a go and see how it works out just keep the passive intake clean so its as efficient as can be. The amount of cfm fan for a certain size tent alone is quite a poor way to judge what fan you'll need. Intake air temperature and the heat off bulbs as well as size of grow space play a big part in what fan you'll need. A 4" ruck l1 will give the plants plenty of fresh air to breathe in that space if that's your concern dude, mine would be temps more than anything now that summer will be here come the time they're half way flowering.

Yeah 4" Ext will be fine for a 250 in a Dr60.

RR

You can give it a go and see how it works out just keep the passive intake clean so its as efficient as can be. The amount of cfm fan for a certain size tent alone is quite a poor way to judge what fan you'll need. Intake air temperature and the heat off bulbs as well as size of grow space play a big part in what fan you'll need. A 4" ruck l1 will give the plants plenty of fresh air to breathe in that space if that's your concern dude, mine would be temps more than anything now that summer will be here come the time they're half way flowering.

Thanks so much for the feedback guys, I appreciate. I will purchase the 100mm ruck L temp control and if needed remove the reflector and go bareback, if temp becomes a problem. So many unknown variables at the begain, although, it is all learning and I enjoy ever moment. I love to grow my own! Happy days! :hippy:

Yeah to be fair happyisme, it will be a little bit of trial and error to get things set up right... And you'll have to adjust as the weather changes throughout the year to adapt.

You'll be fine though mate, plenty to help you along on here...

Good luck with your growing!

RR