i doubt it mate

if she did she didnt pass

the challenge is here

h ttp://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html

:hippy:

edit

just looked ,and no she didnt

Edited by bazzad9

Cheers :yep: it's right there though, couldn't get more plain and simple. Prove it and get minted!

I love that program though sometimes lol they put chalk and cheese together on the same sofa and force them to be civil for the sake of television lol

I also had friends and family say this guy was amazing, so I go and see him and he's clearly (to me at least) completely full of shit! I was also given a ticket for free to see that Derek bloke from Most Haunted, that was a fucking joke, I felt embarrassed for the poor bastard!

A simple test, sit there and say fuck all and relax but try not to move an inch, try not to react to anything at all. Give him "yes" or "no" answers to his questions in the same tone of voice and watch them talk complete and utter shit for half an hour. They'll throw in a few statements along the way that apply to "most people" your age, sex, location etc...

As a side note, I've also never met anyone "in real life" who thinks they can talk to dead people! Go figure! :headpain:

It's a simple case of "show me just one person who in the whole world who's proven they can do it", ask any one you know to do James Randy's $1 Million challenge, it's still yet "unclaimed" :wassnnme:

EDIT TO ADD: I'm one of those people who would like it to be real and look into things like the Akashic records etc... simple fact is I can't find a shred of proof!

:yinyang:

Edited by -=DrGreenThumb=-
  • Like 3

Guest bazzad9

I also had friends and family say this guy was amazing, so I go and see him and he's clearly (to me at least) completely full of shit! I was also given a ticket for free to see that Derek bloke from Most Haunted, that was a fucking joke, I felt embarrassed for the poor bastard!

A simple test, sit there and say fuck all and relax but try not to move an inch, try not to react to anything at all. Give him "yes" or "no" answers to his questions in the same tone of voice and watch them talk complete and utter shit for half an hour. They'll throw in a few statements along the way that apply to "most people" your age, sex, location etc...

As a side note, I've also never met anyone "in real life" who thinks they can talk to dead people! Go figure! :headpain:

It's a simple case of "show me just one person who in the whole world who's proven they can do it", ask any one you know to do James Randy's $1 Million challenge, it's still yet "unclaimed" :wassnnme:

EDIT TO ADD: I'm one of those people who would like it to be real and look into things like the Akashic records etc... simple fact is I can't find a shred of proof!

:yinyang:

a must read if you havent already :hippy:

the full facts book of cold reading

h ttp://www.thecoldreadingbook.com/

As a side note, I've also never met anyone "in real life" who thinks they can talk to dead people!

Talking to dead people is easy, it's getting the fuckers to answer you that's the hard part.

• Like 3

Talking to dead people is easy, it's getting the fuckers to answer you that's the hard part.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Look, I'm not trying to claim anything.

This was witnessed:

One day I had a sudden release from a particular set of painful symptoms. I was pleased, but thought not more about it. Around thirty minutes or so later (? I forget the precise timing) I got a telephone call from my Wiccan friend who asked "Has it arrived yet?". I was baffled and did not know what she was referring to. "The pains you were in, gone now, aren't they?", she went on to explain she had felt an urge to send me a pain release from the particular set of symptoms I was in (she identified them accurately). She did. It worked.

I don't care if this doesn't fit anyone's scientific precision. I don't go by the rule of the test tube and have no wish to. I was simply answering the topic. Then you come along and say "Impossible!"

Up for debate? No, and it never was. It was statement, of something that took place, in my life and to my body, as witnessed by my wife. What the fuck is it with you science types, that you sit in judgement over others like some kind of pope or priest?

Grrrrr!

:rofl:

Interesting thread.

Are you open to the possibility of the power of suggestion? Or are you really in their belief that this person can heal from a distance?

I had a friend when I first moved to Brighton. He had a huge tattoo of the virgin Mary on his chest (or Maria as he called her - he was from Brazil). I asked why and he told me he was HIV positive, and when he was very sick and in a lot of pain he prayed to the Virgin Mary, and his pain went away.

I think this is more down to suggestion, focus and a kind of meditation and breathing control.

I was very sick a few years ago - I developed a way to focus, visualise and meditate to take the pain away. I think its much the same, when you believe it can work - it works. I think its phenomena like this that birthed religious faith.

• Like 1

I think it's mainly women that believe in psychics,that's been my experience anyway ( lol ),I know I've ferried my wife and her sisters to a few 'Spiritual Churches' over the years and I've even,on occasion when I've felt like a laugh,gone in with them.

It's unbelievable how gullible people are and it's easy to spot cold reading when you look for it but the majority of people that go don't look for it,they go for some sort of reassurance that their loved one has passed over peacefully or for some other reason that is easily found with a good cold reader.

Personally though I wouldn't discount some people are able to talk to the dead,heal from a distance or give comfort from a touch I just don't think that these people 'advertise' themselves as such.

And 'Yes' I did know someone that could do it but I doubt very much whether it could have ever been proven scientifically and as far as I'm aware it wasn't the power of suggestion.

• Like 2

Anyone that claims they can talk to the dead or heal from a distance or any other woo woo nonsense are either scumbags that prey on the vulnerable or there delusional imo :yes:

There'll never be a rational debate because both sides aren't open to suggestion, probably. A rational debate should be 'ah, I understand now. I never knew that'. But seeing as it's never been proven, will never be proven, and is actually a load of bollocks there'll never be a rational debate. I keep an open mind about things that we don't know about, and I use we meaning everybody the world over. But things that just a few 'know' about or 'understand', nah. I think that if there is anything 'out there' it'll be so completely detached from this realm that nobody would be privileged or lucky enough to know about it or even begin to understand it.

Edited by greatwhiteshark

Guest bazzad9

And that's why there'll never be a rational debate about it :wassnnme:

its perfectly possible to have a rational debate about it ,by the same token its possible to have a rational debate about unicorns ,santa etc

at the moment there is no reason to suspect its possible ,all we have are claims made by people ,when tested they dont stand up ,and this is every time

all might be shown to work tomorrow ,thats the time for rational discussion

untill then its in the same class as santa, unicorns etc

there is no reason to suspect they exist :hippy: